Pages:
Author

Topic: Who is the Last BTC developer left standing? - page 2. (Read 535 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
LML is an outdated way of communication that has not been suitable for modern realities for a long time, so either something needs to be changed or in the end we will have a gang of old school b'developers.

I get your point but here's the thing about deciding about which platform you want to use. There are projects who are successfully collaborating with Slack or Microsoft Teams, and good for them and all, but it becomes very hard to migrate everyone to a different communications medium once you get everyone to start using one.

The problem is you must somehow get every developer to make an account on the different platform and surely that isn't going to happen unless the reason for doing so is some catastrophic downtime (think ransomware or an OVH datacenter burning down) which knocks out the old platform.

Hence, why most companies still use email as their internal communication versus something like Zoom for example.

According to contributor stats on Github there are 99 devs with at least 10 commits so we're not really in danger of no new devs joining.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
Because the linuxfoundation mailing list and IRC are much easier to communicate in for avoiding non-devs making irrelevant comments about Github patches which they otherwise have no stake in.
It was a rhetorical question in the spirit of the openness of our community ... and as for me, LML is an outdated way of communication that has not been suitable for modern realities for a long time, so either something needs to be changed or in the end we will have a gang of old school b'developers.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
why don't you and gmaxwell just create a public but private section (section for developers only).

Because the linuxfoundation mailing list and IRC are much easier to communicate in for avoiding non-devs making irrelevant comments about Github patches which they otherwise have no stake in.
Activity: 15
Merit: 4
Bitcoin Core developers can discuss in https://bitcoincore.org/en/contribute

They can do private discussions with each other and don't need a secret board in this forum.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
All the developers moved on to other forums for discussion because Bitcointalk is full of spam and nonsense.
I honestly do not quite agree with your statement ... since spam can be anywhere, but not in the Development & Technical Discussion sections, Mining, Bitcoin Technical Support. In addition, just don't say that you, as a pretty influential person, have no influence on other developers .. I mean, why don't you and gmaxwell just create a public but private section (section for developers only).
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
All the developers moved on to other forums for discussion because Bitcointalk is full of spam and nonsense.
Activity: 182
Merit: 30
I see this technical board has really gone to zilch, nada anymore

Has all the dev's quit? Moved on, has everybody moved on to crypt 2.0, 3.0 projects? & left the btc dinosaur?

Really got to know, especially the problem here is when you do post real info, the mod's always delete, the fantasy of btc mythology must be protected at all costs, even though only a few bots remain.
Pages:
Jump to: