Pages:
Author

Topic: Who is top bitcoin competitor? - page 3. (Read 478 times)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 292
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
January 28, 2024, 12:24:45 AM
Satoshi, in his invention of the blockchain, had given us the inch, what is preventing other bodies or organization from taking the ell? Does it mean no coin hosted on the blockchain will gain mass adoption enough to bypass the users of bitcoin?

The government own billions of population, and by setting her face against bitcoin is a competitor, but doesn't seem to prove that they're a top bitcoin competitor without having a downward course in the process. Last question please forgive me, what stops them from building a coin on the block chain that'll bypass the total sum of bitcoin users, and regulate it?

A little change of perspective, bitcoin is not created for universal acceptance rather it is the acceptance of bitcoin by everyone with it. I see there are many other challenges for bitcoin from the past to the present or in the future, but there doesn't seem to be any convincing.

Instead of a story where we try to express the complexity of the problem, let me describe the great opponent as "the sun", "the atomic bomb", "human cruelty",... It is possible to imagine many other things but perhaps similarly unnecessary to the journey we exist with bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
January 27, 2024, 10:56:49 AM
I get your point but what I meant is that Bitcoin is a Cryptocurrency and of course it's possible some other coin surpasses it in the future but the chances of something like that happening is so thin it's currently negligible and seems impossible.

I love how you managed to contradict yourself in a 20 words phrase!

Besides that it would be a loss on the side of whales so they probably won't let that happen.

Whales..
Kodak, Nokia, Saab, TOYS R US , Compaq and hundreds others have disappeared in a few decades with whales with a different size of pockets behind them, if you look at a longer time span you see entire countries that have disappeared and you think Bitcoin is something magically that can't be overcome by anything?
There is no such thing as impossible, you're looking at thing that is barely 14 years old and you think it will last millennia unchallenged?

I'm probably one of the most biased bitcoin maxi here but I even I wouldn't dare make a century old prediction.

legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
January 27, 2024, 10:35:46 AM
Does it mean no coin hosted on the blockchain will gain mass adoption enough to bypass the users of bitcoin?

No it doesn't mean this. Satoshi, like anybody else, cannot predict the future.

The government own billions of population

This is wildly incorrect. A government doesn't own population. The revolutions have shown this.
Of course, in a couple of countries the revolutions went wrong or they are stull due, but that's an exception, not the rule.

and by setting her face against bitcoin is a competitor

The part you're missing is that the world is made of many countries and many governments which have different agendas.

Last question please forgive me, what stops them from building a coin on the block chain that'll bypass the total sum of bitcoin users, and regulate it?

Nothing. A lot of governments have plans for CBDCs (regulated crap they tried to advertise as crypto). Some are dropping already the plans, some go on with them.
Some tried to make proper crypto too (iirc Venezuela, for example) with no success.
Fiat already is a "bigger success" if you think like that, so Bitcoin still have a great deal to recover.

Making a crypto is easy. Making it successful is very difficult - see the plethora of altcoins, some going ok, most going bad - but not impossible. But if this goes together with regulation, I see no good reason for people to switch from Bitcoin to the new coin. At least not now. And the governments try to regulate Bitcoin. It's the approach that can be easier achieved than making a new coin.

Who is top bitcoin competitor?

Right now, nobody, it seems.
It may emerge in the future, since Bitcoin is not perfect. But for now it seems easier to improve and build around Bitcoin, maybe regulate it too, than start from scratch.
Activity: 812
Merit: 560
January 27, 2024, 10:31:43 AM
Does it mean no coin hosted on the blockchain will gain mass adoption enough to bypass the users of bitcoin?

Yes, none for now, there is a unique standard bitcoin has proven in which none could compete yet with it, name it, is is fiat that you will say is now better than bitcoin or any other cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and their likes could withstand competing with bitcoin.

The government own billions of population, and by setting her face against bitcoin is a competitor, but doesn't seem to prove that they're a top bitcoin competitor without having a downward course in the process.

Government are not it's competitors, they are only taking fake rumours around about to get people discouraged while they have never succeeded in any of their attacks.

Last question please forgive me, what stops them from building a coin on the block chain that'll bypass the total sum of bitcoin users, and regulate it?

They can't, it will be centralized if they do so and the people wanted a decentralized digital currency and not the one that will subject them under centralized authorities like we've been used to with fiat.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
January 27, 2024, 10:30:41 AM
what stops them from building a coin on the block chain that'll bypass the total sum of bitcoin users, and regulate it?
Bitcoin being established and loved already by the community is prolly one reason why they're stopping. Or, they have probably made already a few but then it doesn't make sense to compete against the one that has started it all.

They just can't go with the people when everyone has already made their choice by investing in Bitcoin. And in fact, if you go around with the market and see the various altcoins there.

Who knows if one or two or several of them are like watch dogs and backed by government but even so, none of them can stop and compete against BTC.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 268
Graphic & Motion Designer
January 27, 2024, 10:23:19 AM
If we are talking about Bitcoin competitor in Cryptocurrency market, currently the number #2 in Ethereum. It has been like this BTC #1 and ETH #2 for several years now. For people who are watching the Altcoin board in this forum I think the popular discourse is no longer what coin will beat BTC but what coin will be the next or even beat Ethereum. I think it's because they realize that it is very hard and almost impossible to take Bitcoin throne.
Activity: 308
Merit: 448
Math + Code = Blockchain 😁
January 27, 2024, 10:21:55 AM

Lol, what? You're going to tell me that there is zero chance that by 303 000 AD when we first exist the Milky Way there is another coin surpassing Bitcoin?
Zero chance?

I get your point but what I meant is that Bitcoin is a Cryptocurrency and of course it's possible some other coin surpasses it in the future but the chances of something like that happening is so thin it's currently negligible and seems impossible. What makes most coins grow is mainly adoption so if some other coin can gain more adoption by Bitcoin, it could probably surpass it but the chances of that happening is just too thin.
Besides that it would be a loss on the side of whales so they probably won't let that happen.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
January 27, 2024, 10:12:55 AM
Firstly the story that a coin in the future will surpass Bitcoin someday is actually a myth.

Lol, what? You're going to tell me that there is zero chance that by 303 000 AD when we first exist the Milky Way there is another coin surpassing Bitcoin?
Zero chance?

The government own billions of population,

Common, let's stop already with this!
This whole non-sense is getting really repetitive and out of date, of course if we talk about real government and not dictatorships in shitholes like Russia or Iran or North Korea. I've heard that for the US like every day, they will kill Bitcoin because is a threat to the USD meanwhile:
- the US will kill bitcoin will not accept it anywhere, yet the largest companies that accept Bitcoin payments are in the US
- the US will ban bitcoin mining, they will crack down on every miner, yet you have the largest hashrate and listed stock companies there
- the US will never legalized any aspect of Bitcoin, done, done and done
- the US will never allow an ETF, it's a threat to wall street and bank and investments fund...d'oh!
- largest number of ATMS where you can purchase coins, done, largest number of nodes, done, largest numbers of LN channels done!
So, how are they trying to kill it?

So who is this evil gubbermint you're talking about , and again, not some shithole country?

Government wants control over the people, they cannot build something without attaching much value on it for themselves thereby creating a centralized scheme.

You know who created both SHA-2 and TOR?  Wink
Activity: 280
Merit: 219
Let love lead
January 27, 2024, 10:00:14 AM
Government wants control over the people, they cannot build something without attaching much value on it for themselves thereby creating a centralized scheme. The people on the other hand wants independence and embraces whatever gives the government less control over them. Bitcoin has brought liberation to the people and that's why they are embracing it without a moment pause.

The government controls whatever scheme they introduce, if they were to build a coin, it will still be a centralized coin and another Bank in coin clothing, Bitcoin on the other hand through non-custodial wallets gives the masses total power over their finances, such thing the government can never introduce to the population.

Bitcoin has no top competitor at the moment. Other less value coins are trying their bests, but none of them are close to meeting the uniqueness of features that bitcoin possesses. They may continue trying to compete, but Bitcoin is way out of their league. Bitcoin sets the pace, and others follow.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 2169
Professional Community manager
January 27, 2024, 09:52:44 AM
The top Bitcoin competitor is centralization and anti privacy activities by Bitcoin holders. Giving your Bitcoin to the government to help keep safe is one way to indirectly centralize/regulate the network.

The government own billions of population
The government does not own anyone.

what stops them from building a coin on the block chain that'll bypass the total sum of bitcoin users, and regulate it?
You can build a coin on a blockchain you created, nothing is stopping you from doing that, but you cannot make it bypass the sum of Bitcoin users. People would use your design if it offers the values they need.
Activity: 308
Merit: 448
Math + Code = Blockchain 😁
January 27, 2024, 09:48:27 AM
Firstly the story that a coin in the future will surpass Bitcoin someday is actually a myth.
Bitcoin is the first and best crypto currency having the ability to act as both a P2P currency for transactions, and a suitable asset.
Not all governments of different countries have embraced Bitcoin probably because they are scared they can't control it because of its decentralized nature and obviously the decentralized nature of Bitcoin is something is part of what makes it special.However a majority if not all will adopt Bitcoin in the future.
Activity: 26
Merit: 7
January 27, 2024, 09:35:36 AM
Satoshi, in his invention of the blockchain, had given us the inch, what is preventing other bodies or organization from taking the ell? Does it mean no coin hosted on the blockchain will gain mass adoption enough to bypass the users of bitcoin?

The government own billions of population, and by setting her face against bitcoin is a competitor, but doesn't seem to prove that they're a top bitcoin competitor without having a downward course in the process. Last question please forgive me, what stops them from building a coin on the block chain that'll bypass the total sum of bitcoin users, and regulate it?
Pages:
Jump to: