Pages:
Author

Topic: Who manages the bitcoin server ?? - page 2. (Read 457 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
December 19, 2021, 08:40:16 AM
You keep repeating certain things that make no sense with each other. Like "bitcoin code" "node" "server" and "Satoshi Nakamoto paying for server for 50 years".

* The Bitcoin protocol is known and its reference implementation is open source so everyone knows it already. If right now if all the computers in the world that store this code (and other implementations of it) blow up, people can write it from scratch. I personally can recite at least 80% of Bitcoin protocol from memory down to the details.
Right now the multiple implementations of Bitcoin are stored on Github, Gitlab and a couple of other places including many individuals personal computers.

* The compiled version is usually run on a personal PC and sometimes on a remote server like a Amazon VPS.
The first one can not be changed or manipulated it is your own PC and you can compile the code yourself. You would also handle your space, internet cap, ... when you run a node. The system requirements are known and can be easily found with a simple search on Google.
In the second option whether the third party can manipulate what you run on their server is another question. Is that what you are asking? But again the system requirements are known so you can buy a service that can handle that.

* Satoshi Nakamoto invented Bitcoin and published it on public domain with MIT license for everyone to use. Bitcoin is not centralized to have a centralized server run by one person or organization. As I explained earlier it is a peer to peer network.
Read the details of a P2P network from Wikipedia link I posted, in short in this type of network there is no "server", instead each peer (each person running a bitcoin full node) is both a server and a client. And all peers are at the same level as each other.
Activity: 1029
Merit: 712
December 19, 2021, 08:24:31 AM
Please can u explain what is misleading here … We shall think in a broader perspective rather than such intriquacies…

I think the OP has a very misleading name …

Your "name" implies that you have some formal ("Offical") role and ability to "talk" about crypto matters, specifically (in this case) Bitcoin.  However, it is clear from your question and your failure to comprehend the answers you have been given that you simply do not understand Bitcoin or how it is implemented.

I'm sure my effort is wasted but here is another go:

Code - As has been explained already the code for Bitcoin Core is maintained in public repositories on GitHub - https://github.com/bitcoin - anyone can see, download and contribute.  If it is with anyone the responsibility for keeping the repositories available lies with GitHub - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GitHub

Function - As has also been explained, Bitcoin is a peer-peer system, there is no central server, rather there is a network of nodes that together constitute the functioning Bitcoin "system".  Each individual node can be up or down without impacting the overall function of the network.  Responsibility for each node (maintaining it, stopping it running out of space, etc.) lies with whoever administers that specific node. See also here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_network

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
December 19, 2021, 06:17:01 AM
I completely understand that anyone can deploy code and let it be there and others can commit code in those repositories … I asked this question in regards to the code deployment on the server … The code needs to be on some server and if u r aware the server needs to be manager with space and outage … without getting involved how can a code can run in server … there are few points … who pays for server .. who manages space … who manages the outage … who manages the future securities and server updates …
The word you are using, server, is not the correct term. Have you comprehended the referred Wikipedia link? or what specifically do you mean by using the word 'server'? And what is that you suspect the deployed application is, which code specifically, the Bitcoin Core or what?

Peer-to-peer (P2P) computing or networking is a distributed application architecture that partitions tasks or workloads between peers. Peers are equally privileged, equipotent participants in the application. They are said to form a peer-to-peer network of nodes.

Peers make a portion of their resources, such as processing power, disk storage or network bandwidth, directly available to other network participants, without the need for central coordination by servers or stable hosts.[1] Peers are both suppliers and consumers of resources~snip
Activity: 155
Merit: 37
December 19, 2021, 05:56:39 AM
I completely understand that anyone can deploy code and let it be there and others can commit code in those repositories … I asked this question in regards to the code deployment on the server … The code needs to be on some server and if u r aware the server needs to be manager with space and outage … without getting involved how can a code can run in server … there are few points … who pays for server .. who manages space … who manages the outage … who manages the future securities and server updates …

The code is stored in Github and in anyone who stores it on themselves, especially full nodes.

And who does deploy the code? well, anyone can be. I do run a full node and set up the node to be run as automatically as possible, when it got outage, I set my system to automatically start the node when it is already powered on again. And I believe so does others, anyone could manage the node, in many cases, there is no such direct/centralized authority to manage it.

and if the code is committed on GitHub .. is it possible that apart from him .. does anyone else have passwords too … for managing it
or the person who is looking the server and also where the code was first put … the email associated and details that were put during the implementing of bitcoin code ..
Satoshi got nothing to do with the current bitcoin repository. And you can see who has commit access into the repository here: List of people who have had commit access to Bitcoin Core

Please can u explain what is misleading here … We shall think in a broader perspective rather than such intriquacies…

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
December 19, 2021, 05:22:00 AM
I hope you can understand my question… Like any cryptocurrency there is always a code written and there is always a server involved where the code wil be put … it has nothing to do with peer to peer … I am asking on the code level …because when a code is written and deployed it cannot run on their own … it must have been checked continuously on regular basis as the server can go down … and it generally cannot restart on its own during the outage … so it may be possible that someone is managing bitcoin server ..

This question redirects the finger to Satoshi Nakamoto … or the person who is looking the server and also where the code was first put … the email associated and details that were put during the implementing of bitcoin code ..

1- satoishi is gone for 10 years and 7 days. Thats his last post on bitcointalk - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29479 - December 12, 2010, 06:22:33. Untill now, for all this time, bitcoin is on its own. Developed by community (hundreds of developers  and thousends of nodes that approve or decline the updates by accepting fork or not - running new code on their nodes or old one)
2- there is no single server. Everyone who wants to partycipate create its own NODE that connect with other nodes creating P2P network that everyone else can use. Thats what decentralization is and thats why bitcoin is worth more than 0.
Activity: 1029
Merit: 712
December 19, 2021, 04:25:09 AM
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
December 19, 2021, 04:17:04 AM
The code is stored in Github and in anyone who stores it on themselves, especially full nodes.

And who does deploy the code? well, anyone can be. I do run a full node and set up the node to be run as automatically as possible, when it got outage, I set my system to automatically start the node when it is already powered on again. And I believe so does others, anyone could manage the node, in many cases, there is no such direct/centralized authority to manage it.

and if the code is committed on GitHub .. is it possible that apart from him .. does anyone else have passwords too … for managing it
or the person who is looking the server and also where the code was first put … the email associated and details that were put during the implementing of bitcoin code ..
Satoshi got nothing to do with the current bitcoin repository. And you can see who has commit access into the repository here: List of people who have had commit access to Bitcoin Core
December 19, 2021, 03:38:22 AM
I hope you can understand my question… Like any cryptocurrency there is always a code written and there is always a server involved where the code wil be put … it has nothing to do with peer to peer … I am asking on the code level …because when a code is written and deployed it cannot run on their own … it must have been checked continuously on regular basis as the server can go down … and it generally cannot restart on its own during the outage … so it may be possible that someone is managing bitcoin server ..

This question redirects the finger to Satoshi Nakamoto … or the person who is looking the server and also where the code was first put … the email associated and details that were put during the implementing of bitcoin code ..
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
December 19, 2021, 01:40:54 AM
If you are aware about the term decentralisation associated with bitcoin then you should know that nobody control the bitcoin network even the founder Satoshi also don't have any control over it and as said above each peer in the network is responsible for security of Bitcoin.

There is no central control or server which could be shut down to stop bitcoin and that's why the government fear it because they can't control it or stop it.You all are all equal and that's the best part of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
December 19, 2021, 01:00:22 AM
There is no "server" in a peer to peer network. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer-to-peer
Anyone who wishes to can choose a full node and run it on their home computer connected to the internet to become a peer in the decentralized bitcoin network.
December 19, 2021, 12:09:16 AM
Just a lil observation, the bitcoin code must be on some server and node is running without any stop, does bitcoin server been managed by some one … or is it that Satoshi Nakamoto put the code on server and paid the company for say 50 years or something … is it possible .. moreover if server goes down who restarts it …and if the code is committed on GitHub .. is it possible that apart from him .. does anyone else have passwords too … for managing it
without getting involved how can a code can run in server … there are few points … who pays for server .. who manages space … who manages the outage … who manages the future securities and server updates …
Pages:
Jump to: