Pages:
Author

Topic: Who needs anonymity? - page 2. (Read 1249 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
June 24, 2014, 03:47:39 PM
If you watch altcoins scene with some level of attention you probably have noticed that the latest fad is "anonymity". Every developer is trying to add some anonymous transaction functionality to his project, with varying degrees of  success. Actually the solutions are pretty sophisticated, it's definitely not "country coins"  marketing trick, it does provide some value. The question here is do you really need anonymous transactions that much?

In my opinion 99% of crypto users could care less about mixing their coins. Bitcoin transactions are very much anonymous now, at least way more anonymous than traditional e-currencies. It is more than sufficient for most users. Actually I can't think of any other use of anonymous transactions other than some shady dealings and wheelings (but they probably go mostly through Bitcoin anyway)

Probably you shouldn't bet on the long term success of coins where the only distinctive feature is anonymity (DRC etc.) The are having their day now, but their future will probably be rather bleak, as the present of county coins.

Am I missing something here? Do you need anonymity? Do you use it?
Pages:
Jump to: