Pages:
Author

Topic: who own the world's biggest bitcoin wallet? - page 3. (Read 2059 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
if satoshi nakomoto mined 1 million bitcoins in early days. who own the second worlds biggest bitcoin wallet?  Grin
. This question doesn't have a definite answer and researchers can only speculate. I wouldn't care though who has the biggest wallet as long as i fill up mine Cheesy
Correct, there is not much of a point to worry about the amount of money someone else is holding, we must care about the amount of bitcoin in our wallets, and while I still do not have a lot of bitcoin I’m slowly increasing that amount every month, it is going to take me some time to get to my target amount of bitcoins but I know that I will be able to get there in a few years.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
platform for everyday business
if satoshi nakomoto mined 1 million bitcoins in early days. who own the second worlds biggest bitcoin wallet?  Grin

we Already know that satoshi nakamoto is the richest & worlds biggest bitcoin wallet in the whole world especially in terms of digital currency.nakamoto is the father & founder of all  bitcoin that  own  estimated 1000,000 btc in his wallet, and i think the  second world biggest wallet in bitcoin is the winklevoss brothers that have own estimated 1%  all bitcoins.
Activity: 574
Merit: 256
if satoshi nakomoto mined 1 million bitcoins in early days. who own the second worlds biggest bitcoin wallet?  Grin

Nothings permanent so if the one who's holding the record in the past it will be a history. But I dont think if whos next or what ever. Only I thought is "business is business". You tade you earn, you buy you sell, so on and so fort.
Yes for sure I am also saying the same thing that nothing is permanent and if you will invest the money in the bitcoin than you will get the profit, I love the bitcoin and I like the money of the bitcoin because the amount of the bitcoin is now holding by the people who have invested the money so bitcoin wallets are surely the safe way to hold the bitcoin and it is the chance to have fun with your money.
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
The answer to this is easy and I am surprised you do not know it already. The founder of Bitcoin, named Satoshi Nakamoto is believed to own at least 500,000 Bitcoins, with some estimates putting this figure at higher than 1,000,000 BTC. This would make him a multi-billionaire and the largest holder of Bitcoin worldwide. You can read his earlier posts here on this forum, although he disappeared and has not posted in years.
Oga I will be glad if you can link me to the post you just mentioned, the post of one of the wisest man on earth "Satoshi Nakamoto" , if you do I will forever remain indebted to you.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
Possibly, those people who work along side with satoshi are those who holds large volume of bitcoin. But basically, you wouls not know thw identity of those people. Bitcoin allows someone to hold big funds anonymously, this feature was originally made to make private transaction. There is no way you can find out the people behind you BTC address unless you note it and tried to connect it with someone. Bitcoin users can secure their funds because of this anonymousness feature.
You really do have a huge point there. Looking at the posts of satoshi lately on this forum far back as 2010, some people really participated a whole lot in the technology and development of bitcoin. I don't know but it may be possible he paid them a whole lot for that via bitcoin with the value then.

So, your point may be very valid. I won't be surprised that most of the development coming up lately and those who started early back then in the crypto world, such as gambling sites, wallets, exchanges, etc, there are some of these guys who used it as a way to diversify and put what they have to work while they keep dishing out some at the same time.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
The answer to this is easy and I am surprised you do not know it already. The founder of Bitcoin, named Satoshi Nakamoto is believed to own at least 500,000 Bitcoins, with some estimates putting this figure at higher than 1,000,000 BTC. This would make him a multi-billionaire and the largest holder of Bitcoin worldwide. You can read his earlier posts here on this forum, although he disappeared and has not posted in years.
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
1 million bitcoins is bit much now. estimated value of that is 5 billion$ just for holding the bitcoin.. what if satoshi nakamoto invest in ethereum and all the top 10 alternative coins today. Smiley do you think bitcoin will be monopolize as well in the near future just like all banks that control by rosthchild?
I think that he wouldn't even be able to sell all of his bitcoins on any exchange that easily. I mean, there is no suffiecient demand for 1 million bitcoins just like that. Maybe that's why we don't hear about it. He keeps it for the future, when everyone will be using bitcoins or when all of them will be mined, so that there is his last supply to the community.

you have a point.. but on this day you buy plenty of things using bitcoin. many countries now accept bitcoins for buying real estates .. so maybe even there is no sufficient demand for 1 million bitcoins. he can use few bitcoins of him to buy real estates or things that he need Smiley because i myself keep bitcoin and use a little bit as a reward for myself Smiley
Apparently, that is why it is a currency and it will gradually exchange hands as you need to keep buying some stuffs and all. However, it is an innovation and satoshi (either one or more persons) apparently will make a whole lot from their innovation as people keep buying into it.

A time will come that even what he will end up having will be too much to go around as it is right now cause even a million bitcoin is not a small amount of money. Then I wonder what would happen when a value becomes extremely large as some have speculated, then mahn! Those accounts would be worth a whole lot. That is life anyway.
I think, assuming satoshi is still alive, it would be very dangerous for them to start to move the bitcoin that were mined quite early on. Because people will start to notice, exchanges will be anble to check previous transaction logs. But it's even more dangerous for satoshi, because if they were to 'cash out' their bitcoin and move their money to a bank account. Of course the exchanges have the data and all it takes is one leak and we've got the true identity of satoshi.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

This link shows you the top 100 wallets with the most BTC, but pay attention at one thing, the most rich person, has probably several wallets and a his entire stack is divided in these wallets. The richest one is considered Satoshi (the inventor of Bitcoin) who has probably about a million BTC spread through various wallets. His wallets from the other hand, are not well known, and do be honest, I think Satoshi is smart enough and has destroyed the private key of these wallets a long time ago, he's not in this for the money, he's in it for the history, and knows that the only thing that might ruin BTC are these one million tokens being sold by somebody and devaluing the entire BTC price
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Nothings permanent so if the one who's holding the record in the past it will be a history. But I dont think if whos next or what ever. Only I thought is "business is business". You tade you earn, you buy you sell, so on and so fort.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
There is a user who posted that website that contains all the bitcoin holders, wow, i did not expected that there was a site like this one, it is a little bit risky and it exposes all of the holders all over the world.
Anyway, so those who said that there was a wallet of 500k of bitcoins from Satoshi are all wrong, because the wallet who most bitcoin has, only have 140k bitcoins and it is the cold wallet storage from Bitfinex (the most biggest exchange)

I do not believed that there is a site which all the bitcoin wallet was listed because even blockchain can not get the total number of bitcoin wallet due to all users using multiple wallet with huge fund inside.
I do not think also there are system, device or apps can show the biggest amount hold in a wallet who owned by one person.
It is not possible at all to keep the complete record of all wallets at the same place. There are countless wallets used by people and the main problem in maintaining data of wallets is that there are different types of wallets plus one person owns more than one wallet. So on the basis of technical analysis we can never say that this particular wallet is having biggest amount of bitcoin.
Activity: 52
Merit: 10
Who knows maybe these 144к bitcoin has long been walking in the world. Bitcoin for the government has no value and is taken away by the officials. It is interesting to know that amount accrued bitcoin cash? They did no one believes. It's not a bad amount even today. I guess we will never know the fate of that amount.

Technically by losing them and not using them its increasing the value for all of us. The FBI probably knows this too. I wonder if they will ever move them or do anything with the funds they seized.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
Who knows maybe these 144к bitcoin has long been walking in the world. Bitcoin for the government has no value and is taken away by the officials. It is interesting to know that amount accrued bitcoin cash? They did no one believes. It's not a bad amount even today. I guess we will never know the fate of that amount.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
1 million bitcoins is bit much now. estimated value of that is 5 billion$ just for holding the bitcoin.. what if satoshi nakamoto invest in ethereum and all the top 10 alternative coins today. Smiley do you think bitcoin will be monopolize as well in the near future just like all banks that control by rosthchild?
I think that he wouldn't even be able to sell all of his bitcoins on any exchange that easily. I mean, there is no suffiecient demand for 1 million bitcoins just like that. Maybe that's why we don't hear about it. He keeps it for the future, when everyone will be using bitcoins or when all of them will be mined, so that there is his last supply to the community.

you have a point.. but on this day you buy plenty of things using bitcoin. many countries now accept bitcoins for buying real estates .. so maybe even there is no sufficient demand for 1 million bitcoins. he can use few bitcoins of him to buy real estates or things that he need Smiley because i myself keep bitcoin and use a little bit as a reward for myself Smiley
Apparently, that is why it is a currency and it will gradually exchange hands as you need to keep buying some stuffs and all. However, it is an innovation and satoshi (either one or more persons) apparently will make a whole lot from their innovation as people keep buying into it.

A time will come that even what he will end up having will be too much to go around as it is right now cause even a million bitcoin is not a small amount of money. Then I wonder what would happen when a value becomes extremely large as some have speculated, then mahn! Those accounts would be worth a whole lot. That is life anyway.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
There is a user who posted that website that contains all the bitcoin holders, wow, i did not expected that there was a site like this one, it is a little bit risky and it exposes all of the holders all over the world.
Anyway, so those who said that there was a wallet of 500k of bitcoins from Satoshi are all wrong, because the wallet who most bitcoin has, only have 140k bitcoins and it is the cold wallet storage from Bitfinex (the most biggest exchange)
One thing you should understand first is I can decide to have more than one wallet and split my funds in them.
So, that does not guarantee that someone might not be holding more than that amount of bitcoin even with what the list showed.

Personally, I might have one of the top 10 wallets shown on that site Grin ... Also, I do not see any risk that poses, since except for some exchanges, I can decide to stay anonymous and no damn person will know the person which each account belongs to.

Aside from Satoshi Nakamoto one who own the world's biggest bitcoin wallet in the internet estimated 1 million bitcoins. There is another one, the FBI holds 144 000 bitcoins in shutting down the silk online drug marketplace. Seizing bitcoin own by Dread pirate Robert the operator of the illicit online marketplace.
Activity: 770
Merit: 505
One thing you should understand first is I can decide to have more than one wallet and split my funds in them.
So, that does not guarantee that someone might not be holding more than that amount of bitcoin even with what the list showed.

Personally, I might have one of the top 10 wallets shown on that site Grin ... Also, I do not see any risk that poses, since except for some exchanges, I can decide to stay anonymous and no damn person will know the person which each account belongs to.
Activity: 435
Merit: 251
It is not possible to know world's largest bitcoin holders, because BTC have some privacy in transactions. From Web there are some discussions, but in fact nobody knows the truth, you can check some here - info https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/largest-bitcoin-stash/.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1152
That is very impossible to know. That is the reason why it is an anonymous way of making transactions. No one's name is attached to any public address unless they display it and that is the only way you can even know the amount that has probably gone through it via blocktrail or blockchain which still doesn't guarantee the amount they have.

All the above, except for exchanges and some who bought in early which may have a whole lot, we can't still say specifically even though I have seen some rich list in the past.

Also, no one knows if satoshi actually had such an amount of coin as that was just a speculation but I would not be surprised anyway. Grin Who wouldn't have? I am sure it would even be more than.
Activity: 287
Merit: 101
A dead guy. RIP.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I do not know yet, because it's still a beginner
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
And no, there is no way to know who has the most amount of bitcoin, so this thread is useless, there is no way to check it and see who is the most millionaire in here, lol.
Just imagine, a lot of people would try to hack that poor guy's wallet..

There are some ways to narrow down the list of people who own the largest wallets and there are certainly some wallets that have already been identified, and a few even labelled by their own users. Notably some large sites and exchangers' so-called cold wallets are known.

Keeping your address private is just that. Privacy. Your wallet being visible doesn't actually decrease your security. Otherwise the transparency of the blockchain would be a flaw.

So, don't pity the guys in this list. You can try and hack their wallets all you want.

https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html
What i like about this list is that despite the hash power concentration we still have a very wide dispersion of BTC over several wallets. If big holders have several wallets or not is still to be known. This also confirms that it is very difficult to hold above certain price ups. we are only human. It´s quite unlikely that someone holds a coin from cents to 5k and doesn´t sell.
This is correct, but at the same time you need to understand, if you bought bitcoin for a few cents and then it was worth 10 dollars then most people will sell at that point, no one thought that bitcoin will reach these levels, I have seen some very old threads where people were happy that bitcoin reached parity with the dollar, and now when you think about it that sound ridiculous but can you imagine how ridiculous are going to sound our conversations when people read our conversations 10 year in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: