Pages:
Author

Topic: Who thinks Bitcoin will HardFork back to GPU only mining Algorithms? - page 2. (Read 1591 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I keep reading posts on the other threads and on Reddit and everybody keep insisting that Bitcoin change algorithms to prevent this Chinese centralization of mining hardware.

Who here thinks this is non-sense and will never happen.

I remember the dev of LTC said something similar saying that changing algorithms isn't fair for everybody who purchased hardware and the new algo can eventually have ASICs built.

I don't think it will happen due to it will not stop the main thing which is those with super cheap electricity .... can mine cheap.  There would be mega mines of GPU's happening if we went that way.   So maybe shifts companies in the lead but still would be huge companies mining most of it.

I think we can see with ETH mining even gpu mining can have a decent increase in just a single month.   So same thing would happen if BTC went way of GPU.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
I keep reading posts on the other threads and on Reddit and everybody keep insisting that Bitcoin change algorithms to prevent this Chinese centralization of mining hardware.

Who here thinks this is non-sense and will never happen.

I remember the dev of LTC said something similar saying that changing algorithms isn't fair for everybody who purchased hardware and the new algo can eventually have ASICs built.

Pages:
Jump to: