Pages:
Author

Topic: Who was the first person you ever saw using bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 2307 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
Hey guys, i was wondering how you guys got into bitcoin. Furthermore, who was the first person you saw using bitcoin, and was it them who got you hooked? Personally, my first experience with a fellow bitcoiner was when I was walking through the mall and a boy was busking for bitcoin xD

What about you?

In my case it's more the other way around. I was the first one around my friends and buddies using it.And I hooked a few of them over the time.
I myself found out about Bitcoin in a tech online magazine around 2012 the first time but completely ignored it.
In 2013 things got more interesting for me and stepped deeper ans deeper into the rabbit hole.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
Well, I heard about it first from someone, it was actually a couple of months later when I started to do some research about bitcoin myself.
That's when I got hooked on it.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
I was in line at Ocean Beach Deli in San Francisco buying one of the best Ruben sandwiches I've ever had with Bitcoin when a guy in front of me paid with Bitcoin. I was blown away. That's the first other person I've ever seen use Bitcoin to make a purchase. 
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
Some friends of me recommended Bitcoin to me because you could mine them very "easily" and sell them for fiat. There was nothing easy here as I figured out what mining is all about. After that they showed me how to purchase a Bitcoin, and after that I had 1 whole Bitcoin  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 840
I didn't say only one person but i saw a whole community and i found it here in forum, the first was the faucet if it counts.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
Well, the first person that I ever saw earning(not using) Bitcoin is my school friend. But I never see a person using Bitcoin in real life, instead myself is the first person that I ever saw using Bitcoin to buy something.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Well in 2010 I'm 90% sure that I earned some amount of BTC (I was searching for free items and found one site.. not sure which one) and I've brought some items in facebook games.. then I have searched for it again and couldnt find them.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
The first time i encountered bitcoin was from internet at that time still saw nobody using bitcoin as payment

but one of my cousin that come home from abroad introduced me to this bitcoin, he said how he earn money from bitcoin and how he exchange bitcoin to his currency

so i know bitcoin thanks to my abroad cousin
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
It sounds like most people on here were the first to use btc before any other in their circle. Hopefully that changes in the near future as btc get a further reach. I cant remember specifically where i first saw it but it was online somewhere.

I wasn't. My friends where the people that told me about Bitcoin. I didn't tell them. Thanks for reminding me that I am not special.
Some of my friends were really interested in Bitcoin and they somehow persuaded me to invest in Bitcoin. After that, I got really hooked. They were also the people that told me about this forum.
legendary
Activity: 1008
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
It sounds like most people on here were the first to use btc before any other in their circle. Hopefully that changes in the near future as btc get a further reach. I cant remember specifically where i first saw it but it was online somewhere.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
First person that ever showwed me or used BTC in front of me was an old friend actually and he was explaining to me that there were darknets and that you could spend these imaginary "Bitcoins" on this place that was basically drug ebay and that it was real. I laughed at him of course and thought he was a nut.. BTC was around $3 at that time.. In hindsight I should have bought some and just held them.. Oh well.. Hindsight is a bitch in BTC for sure.

Some interesting stories on this post are sure to come. Tongue
Activity: 322
the first one was my infancy friend the portuguese guy back into 2012
Hey guys, i was wondering how you guys got into bitcoin. Furthermore, who was the first person you saw using bitcoin, and was it them who got you hooked? Personally, my first experience with a fellow bitcoiner was when I was walking through the mall and a boy was busking for bitcoin xD

What about you?

No offence, but these seems like a very fake story. Who would be busking for Bitcoin? Isn't it smarter to just busk for fiat and then buy Bitcoin with that, people could at least give you some change then.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
I think the first time I saw something about Bitcoin, was when I was searching for a new graphic card for a gaming computer. I found a Youtube video like this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEGIZOO-HYY explaining how you can use your computer and GPU's to mine for bitcoins. The concept of using your computer to "make"

money, grabbed my attention and I got into it. Many years later, and I am still doing Bitcoin, without the solo mining. I also spoke to a guy at a party, and he learned me a lot

about mining and using Bitcoin.  Grin
Activity: 476
well i think its nice thread . reminds me once when first encountered bitcoin  Smiley

The first person I see using bitcoin is hackers . they accepted bitcoin as payment for their services
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
My first encounter with it was on hackforums. People would talk about it and offer services for Bitcoin. I also won a contest there and got my first $100 in BTC.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
basically it was hostfat(italian moderator here on bitcointalk), that created another thread about it in another forum, at first i ignored it because i thought it was the usual waste of time, and the website was a bit shady at that time(bitcoin.org) or it look not so legit

then i investigated again two years later(damn me) and i discovered this whole new world
Activity: 410
I got to know about bitcoin by myself while i was surfing over the net and came across frebitco.in and then moved to PD and else .
even now there are very very less people known to bitcoin near by my place and now i am the one to refer them to use it.
So I myself was the first person to see using bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1134

What about you?

My answer will be a little funny. I was introduced to bitcoin by.... myself. I have all my experience with bitcoin related only to my activity with it. I had the first contact with it through an (totally) anonymous website which offered high profits if you collaborate with that and in which to create an account was enough to give only your email. No name, no surname, no absolutely other kind of data. You entered your email and then your account was created (showing you the username and your password). Within the site was a proposal (fantastic if reading it) and for the realization of which needed funds. They asked donations and in return gave a founder position in their future built business. They accepted only bitcoin as a donation. Here we are. I was attracted by that I have read in their website (within my account) and decided to become founder. Their give some rows about bitcoin and where it were possible to find other news and places to buy it. All the remain time from this February-March three years ago until today is a continuous increasing relation (in learning and using it) between me and this precious invention named bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: