Pages:
Author

Topic: Who will be the first country to own Bitcoin reserves and publicly display them? - page 3. (Read 656 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 323
Maybe Africa because their citizens really need bitcoin, although the infrastructures is not support bitcoin now but choose bitcoin for their transactions will be better because build bank building will not so appropriate for this country. Paper money is worthless there and the cost to manage paper money there will be very expensive. Bitcoin can help their citizens to do transactions. Honestly I don't think that any country will own Bitcoin as reserve currency, all country will still choose gold as reserve currency, and this happen since long time ago. Gold is better rather that USD and Bitcoin.
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
Interesting future between countries dominance in bitcoin. This ranking could lead us into conclusion that from top 20 countries there will have much more progressive than the other. Maybe USA win this category due to huge USA citizens. However, things change like ethereum and ripple ranking. So this matter is still on going.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 11
Crypto in my Blood
According to the present time, Koria is doing great for the Bitcoin. But it could change anytime if the more powerful country will accept it as Gold.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158
This is going to be tricky. Governments need compliance and regulation to exercise control and power. Recognizing bitcoin to this extent means loosening of that power over its own citizens. The biggest worry for developing countries at least is the implications on money laundering. As far as developed countries are concerned, their too the governments don't stand to gain anything by legitimizing bitcoin.

Japan and Korea seemed to be very accepting of Bitcoin, till the hacking drama with exchanges and involvement of officials. Now we have the regulators jumping in. The problem for the governments is recognizing its importance.

As much as we'd like this to happen, I doubt this is gonna happen in the near future. Then again, wouldn't people like the twins and entities like coinbase become too strong in their own right?  How would the lawmakers come to term with that?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
Just like they are holding big amounts of gold and displaying amounts that I think may be approximate amounts:

Could we see this in the future? I think it's a matter of time. If a country starts accumulating a lot, at some point other countries will not be able to keep ignoring it, and I believe you can't ignore Bitcoin just like you couldn't ignore powder, you must be in. Most likely they hold some already but aren't disclosing it.
Pages:
Jump to: