Pages:
Author

Topic: Whoa! Hard forks are BAD! - page 2. (Read 1745 times)

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
June 17, 2016, 09:45:30 AM
I think Vitalik Buterin is in a dilemma.  If he does the hard fork, that would be frowned upon and many would view Ethereum as some sort of joke for doing it.  On the other hand if they don't, it's like the Ethereum version of getting goxxed, which also would make the people view it as some sort of joke.

But yeah, I agree.  The hard fork should be a no go.  Though I feel for the investors.  I hope they find another solution and get their funds back.  

And here on forth, the whole crypto community will have a field day everytime this historic hack is remembered.  Imagine if the hacker actually gets all 11M ETH.  Jesus that's a lot.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026
June 17, 2016, 08:53:02 AM
In a crypto scheme - if the community 'decides' it doesn't like a transaction they can just hard fork away.  What kind of network is that?  NXT did it.  Now Ethereum is going to do it.  Do you think Bitcoin could similarly negate a valid transaction someday just because many in the community didn't like the basis of some transaction?  Crypto might not be nearly as decentralized as everyone keeps saying. 

Ethereum should just let contract author that screw up take the hit.  One day the Bitcoin community is going to face this same problem.  I wonder how it will unfold. 
Pages:
Jump to: