Pages:
Author

Topic: Whonix vs. Tails vs. Linux - page 2. (Read 6737 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
May 10, 2015, 10:10:59 AM
Hey guys, I just bought a new laptop and I'm thinking of making it completely anonymous

Like 100%, encrypting it with a 30 char password so no mofo can break into it Cheesy

How are you going to remember a 30-character password? I think there's a good chance you would forget that then you'd be screwed.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
May 10, 2015, 10:05:49 AM
Some applications are internally very complex, like browsers, and thus complex applications are notorious prone to serious security bugs, if exploited, the malware could simply turn off the anonymization. This is why I think that's a very bad idea to run the application which is subject to be anonymized on the same machine which is responsible for maintaining the anonymity.

I suggest you to use virtual machines at least, use physical machines if you fear facing an exploit which is capable to break out of the virtual machine.
Box #1 is responsible for the routing&anonymity only.
Box #2 is for non-anonymous stuff only (online banking, pizza service).
Box #3 is for anonymous stuff only.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
May 10, 2015, 09:11:13 AM
Tails is just another Linux distribution right?

Anyway the best operating system doesn't exist. It's a matter of preference. Unless it's bloody windows that shit is shit. Although I do use it for posting when gaming  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
May 10, 2015, 09:09:17 AM
Hey guys, I just bought a new laptop and I'm thinking of making it completely anonymous

Like 100%, encrypting it with a 30 char password so no mofo can break into it Cheesy

And using an OS + VPN so my info can't be revealed anywhere on the internet

I'm wondering which OS would be the best?

I'v heard good things about Whonix and Tails, but I'm wondering can I install usual files on it?

I need to be able to use bluestacks on the OS, skype probably and that's mostly it

I'd also like to be able to run a VPN, since I heard that TOR IP can be broken trough?

I'm not really too much savy about this things, that's why I'm asking about it

If you have any tips on anonymity I'll welcome your advice Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: