Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are altcoin exchanged for btc and not for dollar - page 3. (Read 504 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
ALtcoins are not always depend on bitcoin price you can see october and november 2107 a almost all altcoins price were declined while bitcoin massive bull run happened . If you really concern about stable value then you can look into USDT , DAI are which value always revolve around 1$ may be few cents difference you get it based on market fluctuation.
Activity: 548
Merit: 12
The main factor of the exchange of altcoin to btc is in exchange for USD because BTC is commonly used many that do not meet altcoin work, BTC can be used as a means of payment for each country that allows it, I would rather redeem all the benefits of altcoin for BTC as an investment and sometime will become more useful as I continue to gather because BTC will be great in the future.
Activity: 100
Merit: 0
I think it is easier to exchange to BTC, also it's price almost always correlates to BTC. You can see in a coin price graphs, that almost every time the Bitcoin price changes - the altcoin changes in the same direction.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Because from a technical point of view, it is not profitable for exchanges to provide an exchange for the dollar of many cheap altcoins
Activity: 215
Merit: 10
That's because governments are not allowed to trade bitcoin directly in cash. Grin
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
Why are altcoin exchanged for btc and not for dollar?
having tons of altcoin is just like having bitcoin. If bitcoin grows, they grow. If bitcoin falls, they fall.

Isn't this pointless? Why not buying and selling alts for dollar?
I think it's all because Bitcoin is the currency of all cryptocurrency world and therefore all trades are on bitcoin

but in this way if bitcoin explodes, all will dies... there is no point on keep them... eth is also exchanged in dollar, why not the others?
Yup you are right, if the price of alts keep on bring paired with bitcoin then the movement of bitcoin will affect alts, that's why we need more usd pairing for each alts so each alts price will based on their own value, the price will also increase or decrease based on the project development. But there's also advantages of the btc pairing as you can earn more if the price of bitcoin increase while the coin hold its ground against bitcoin.
Activity: 154
having tons of altcoin is just like having bitcoin. If bitcoin grows, they grow. If bitcoin falls, they fall.

If you hold the U.S. dollar, it is just a way to preserve the value. It will not bring profits. If you hold the bit, then there is a big chance that you can bring huge profits. Therefore, it is not recommended to change into U.S. dollars.
Activity: 336
On some exchanges, you can exchange any altcoin or bitcoin for dollars.  True, this is not so popular, because many people prefer to keep their investments in the crypto currency.  To date, this is more promising than storing money in fiat.
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Because traders always want to take advantagenthe volatility of bitcoin, yes it may decrease in value but traders are confident that it will increase more than it decrease and by holding bitcoin it will grow a significant amount. And if we're just sticking in fiat we can't experience how crypto currency really work.
Activity: 34
I believe exchange through bitcoin which has significant symbolic meaning. It is meaningful itself by acknowledging bitcoin as a form of currency in cryptoworld
Activity: 112
Altcoins are generally exchanged for BTC because it allows exchanges to get around regulations related to fiat currencies. Using BTC, governments don’t have jurisdiction like they would if they used fiat. It’s also just a good thing in the scope of crypto. Using bitcoin supports the whole movement in my opinion.
Activity: 101
The bitcoin will be upgraded from 2.0 to 9.0 like the Windows operating system. But the odds of a bitcoin being replaced are as slim as the money being replaced in an open market. Because Bitcoin has a deep rooted brand, protocol and technology. As bitcoin defines its role as a government, it is difficult for the media to remove the bitcoin from the masses ' sight. Bitcoin will create an unlimited potential market different from gold.
Activity: 85
Becacuse there are only a few altcoins which you can exchange to FIAT. Most altcoins are still heavily dependent on their corresponding BTC pairs.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
I think now many exchange that offer pair altcoin with USDT for trading like Bitfinex, Huobi and gate.io,  pair altcoins with USDT is more easy to trade because we make analysis in 1 coin only, and when all crypto on downtrend we can move all asset to USDT as soon as possible to keep the profit.
Activity: 314
For my opinion, all altcoins is usually going to bitcoin if the coin holder wont use SPECIFICALLY use some in particular project. My reason for buyng bitcoin using altcoins is to convert it into cash. My online wallet can do that. that what I see reason altcoins is to convert it to btc so i could convert into cash
Activity: 284
in the cryptocurrency market Bitcoin is common currency , but some exchange at this moment they accept transactions directly into dollar or some other local fiat money , let say Ethereum Litecoin Etc.
Activity: 28
You can buy an altcoin with dollars.
Go to the dollar market.
Activity: 333
In my opinion, BTC has more value other than any altcoin, perhaps most of the exchanger does not accept altcoin coz it has no value at all and it its so risky for them to accept altcoin that's why most of the altcoins depend on bitcoin for the easy way to exchange them.
Activity: 266
I think it is connected with the same, why many goods, currencies, stocks and so on on real exchanges can be bought for dollars. Because the dollar is the system-forming currency of our humanity. A bitcoin is the system-forming crypto currency of the entire crypto ecosystem.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
Bitcoin is the first truly cryptocurrency that was not made by any government first decentralized digital currency. Altcoin came as a result of bitcoin and must altcoin in the beginning were forking bitcoin code. Now many of them are functioning without bitcoin but they are still value against bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: