Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are Americans blocked from participating ICO Telegram groups? - page 3. (Read 403 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Right now US government somehow discourages crypto investment right now. Things will possibly change. For now I would like to invest in south american region, or Europe works fine I guess.
Activity: 56
My friend also told me this thing today. I think this is something related to SEC. There are many ICOs which have already blocked users from certain countries. And I don’t think it’s weird.
Activity: 658
The only vague reason is that,they are trying to do business with the SEC, i.e. trying to comply with them. SEC is not that bad and is worth the shot. This is the only evident reason why they are blocked from it.
Activity: 91
Because American law has restrictions on this, if you often participate in ICO, you will find that many ICOs prohibit US citizens, Chinese citizens, Singapore citizens, and I think their telegraph group may have similar regulations.
Activity: 71
Well, you are correct, though eMusic is a very unique American project that has many resources

and made a huge progress in negotiations with the SEC to get a rare approval to raise money.

Looks like a very serious one, check their site

https://token.emusic.com/
Activity: 14
There are many projects that restrict US citizens from participating in the ICO in any form because they are trying to be in compliant with the SEC, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I just came across the weirdest thing. In the eMusic ICO telegram community,

there is some sort of a ‘bouncer bot’, blocking U.S. citizens from participating in the discussion.

This is the first time I see this kind of thing.. can anyone explain what is all about?
Pages:
Jump to: