Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are my posts being deleted? - page 2. (Read 516 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
October 28, 2019, 06:54:54 PM
I see some non-moderators violating local posting rules. Of course the moderators will selectively enforce this rule as well I am sure, because the rules here are only for when they serve people you agree with. Posting a relevant reply in an on topic thread is not hijacking, it is a continuation of the conversation. This is why people lack respect for authority on this forum, because you allow people such as the above to utilize the forum as a cudgel to punish those they can not silence through other means. Then everyone pretends these rules are not selectively enforced because you are only acting on the reports of obsessive stalkers with a vendetta because some one dares have an opinion they do not agree with. Moderators I am sure you think this kind of behavior serves you, but it is in fact counter-productive, and the source of most of the conflict and drama you see on this forum. People don't respect those in positions of authority when the rules are only imposed on them and not also used to protect them.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
October 28, 2019, 06:14:57 PM
Wait, deleting necrobumps in a 4-year old thread is now "selective enforcement"?
legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
October 28, 2019, 05:13:07 PM
Local thread rules: I want to hear from moderators, anyone who is not a moderator is not allowed to post.
I am (one of) the users who reported your posts in that thread; is that good enough?

OP: "Is hijacking a thread illegal?"
Answer: Yes. That's why I reported your posts in that thread, and why they were subsequently deleted.

There was also a third party that had their comment in reply deleted. This kind of response is not at all convincing that they don't selectively enforce the rules.
Replies to deleted posts are also deleted as a matter of course, since they no longer serve any purpose.

Any other questions?
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
October 28, 2019, 04:55:37 PM
I posted these on topic, in a related thread. It seems to me the moderators are intent on proving they in fact do selectively enforce the rules, especially when it comes to even mild criticism of their own activities. I would be interested to hear the excuse for removing the comments of myself and others in a relevant on topic thread.

OP: "Is hijacking a thread illegal?"
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10874981

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Should I report this behavior after seeing it or just let it go ?

If it's off-topic or just an advertising post that doesn't bring anything to the discussion, I think that reporting is the way to go.
Also keep in mind that bad/incorrect reports don't hurt as long as they aren't too many:

Do not worry about your accuracy too much; one accurate report is worth many inaccurate reports.

I am less concerned about my reporting stats and more concerned that have to suffer these people because don't get to enjoy equal protetion under the rules for some reason. 

There was also a third party that had their comment in reply deleted. This kind of response is not at all convincing that they don't selectively enforce the rules.

Local thread rules: I want to hear from moderators, anyone who is not a moderator is not allowed to post.
Pages:
Jump to: