Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are people still buying XRP? - page 12. (Read 2603 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 10
BountyMarketCap
January 14, 2021, 03:45:21 PM
I got disinterested in XRP back in March 2020 when I learned about the 20 XRP wallet minimum. That was a deal breaker for me because it requires people to invest some money that they will never be able to access again. Also, I did not like how XRP is centralized. But now, with the giant lawsuit, why are people still buying?
Why do you think that xrp and ripple are done and dusted, if you follow them you will know they are working and it is business as usual for them so unless there is a serious ruling against them the project is here and what i see is that the majority of market players are still hopeful that the issues will get cleared soon.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
January 14, 2021, 03:28:41 PM
I got disinterested in XRP back in March 2020 when I learned about the 20 XRP wallet minimum. That was a deal breaker for me because it requires people to invest some money that they will never be able to access again. Also, I did not like how XRP is centralized. But now, with the giant lawsuit, why are people still buying?
Well, you got disinterested for the wrong reasons.

This 20 XRP is a required deposit to avoid the creating of millions of wallet that would be considered a spam or malicius usage of the network

Ripple ledger uses 20 XRP unspendable balance as a restriction measure to prevent the shared global ledger from growing excessively large as the result of spam or malicious usage.
https://support.atomicwallet.io/article/43-why-20-xrp-is-an-unspendable-balance#:~:text=Why%20Ripple%20Ledger%20has%20this,in%20the%20shared%20global%20ledger.

This is, by itself not bad. How much have you ever paid your bank or Visa in fees? You know that visa fee is about 2-5% of each transaction.

The problem with Ripple, which is basically the same of all other altcoins, is taht is it centralized.

As banks own a lot of XRP, i think it still have an upward potential. But after SEC investigation, that upward potential is considerable smalle.r..
Activity: 1050
Merit: 103
BIB Exchange
January 14, 2021, 03:05:30 PM

Perhaps people have the hope that they will win the court, if for a moment think about what will happen if everything goes in favor of xrp, then this is the most ingenious plan.
Activity: 938
Merit: 13
AMEPAY
January 14, 2021, 02:55:00 PM
Why they should not? Xrp is perhaps the most undervalued coin in the top 20 list so definitely it is attractive for investors, secondly do not forget that xrp has a big community and despite the panic and negativity it is still the 3rd largest crypto coin so i believe it is here to stay.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
January 14, 2021, 02:43:25 PM
I am also confused about why other people are still currently buying XRP, after the SEC issue because most exchanges have delisted XRP, so it will be huge risk if people will continuously buy XRP. I think investors are trying to take advantage on the cheap price of XRP, assuming XRP can recover it's price back if Ripple will resolve it's issue.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
January 14, 2021, 02:19:36 PM
Right, that's a good question. Why would people pay money to buy XRP after all the lawsuit and exchange disqualifications???

I'm puzzled just like you, and I can't say that people don't yet know about it, the lawsuit was covered by all media. Honestly, XRP turned out to be just a drag
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
January 14, 2021, 02:16:59 PM
There can be 2 main reasons for people still buying xrp:
1) Hardcore supporters that still have hope that xrp will come back stronger and its SEC issues will be resolved.
2) The traders especially those that trade on technical signals think that xrp price is cheap and at longterm support price so for them this is an attractive entry for them.

Traders somehow always think they are tricked and that the lawsuit is just part of the fud. After all, XRP still is working. Its technology didn't stop all because there is a lawsuit though. I tried using it many times since last wee as well. Withdrawing and cashing out XRP is just the cheapest option and while it looks stable, it should be useful. Many still will use it despite the case and it got alliances too.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
January 14, 2021, 02:07:26 PM
Possibly trying to convince themselves that Ripple Labs will turn these lawsuits around and be some sort of a fairy tale ending wherein everyone holding XRP will get handsome profits. Seriously, with all those exchanges delisting XRP on their indices, it’s unwise to really push your luck into trading these coins since you’re left out with platforms that are relatively new and unproven when it comes to reliability and integrity. Also you’ll be facing liquidity issues since a lot has already dropped their XRP due to the news. At this point, only the delusional will have faith in XRP, and that’s no exaggeration.
Activity: 14
Merit: 1
January 14, 2021, 01:45:35 PM
Pages:
Jump to: