Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are people still using gox when there is no way to withdraw - page 2. (Read 4134 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
gox is probably making a killing buying coins on bitstamp or btc-e and selling them at their inflated prices.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Crypto Pros
Because if you are in Japan you can still withdraw. It's just international wires that doesn't work.
Activity: 381
Merit: 274
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Ahh that big evil company that gox is !
Yes good question why don't we use some other exhanges ?

I don't know about you but here are my reasons :

- on some other exchange i can't get money in as easily as i can with gox (i am not living in the USA for people living there you might have heard that there are other continents and countries in the world , we do have internet too!  and we are also quite a lot to buy bitcoin. for most of us gox is pretty fine)

- on some other exchange the volume is too low for what i trade (i am not againdt btc-e for example they are fine especially if you want to buy some LTC  and why not NMC . I never had any problems with them but if you begin to accumulate more than 150 btc to trade then you certainly won't do it on btc-e !

- Some other exchange might have nice website and good marketing but for some reasons i trust gox better ( i might be such  fool yep but i don't thing i am the only one)
- Their will always be people angry or is it jealousy because the success of some company (look there's always those good old "micr0s$ft haters" who are proudly displaying on their hacked windows 7 ultimate;  wallpapers picturing a penguin breaking a windows (you know your classic ? ) but hey that's life it is wasn't gox it would be an other one.

- Mtgox has been and is still a great "help" for bitcoin !

- I don't consider myself being particularly lucky , but when i see all those people "who have problems to withdraw" it makes me feel kind of lucky for once because i haven't had any problems to withdraw with gox. (ok i am not saying gox never had troubles regarding the withdrawals, but i withdraw in EUROS so maybe i am not concerned and apparently they have been working hard on it so there shouldn't be much bad cases left). I agree it can be pretty slow thought but the maximum for me had been something like 2 weeks, which is for me acceptable.

PS : i Don't work for GOX , I am not related in away to them, I am not against new echanges taking their part of the market but let's be honest , even though gox isn't perfect for everybody (and it isn't for me either. I'd love some improvments) they are still the biggest exchange and I believe they are the one of the most reliable. Now you could have a look at some shaddy exchange but thrn don't come and cry later if you lost all your money.

Activity: 235
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
And some withdraws are coming through, its really just USD withdraws that are having issues. The SEPA EUR transfers queue seems to be getting shorter and shorter.
I asked them to withdraw via JPY, and they said NO. So my impression is they have no money at all.

JPY withdrawals working.
You mean working as in you can withdraw JPY into a country besides Japan? Or it only works with withdrawals inside Japan?
My bank an accept JPY currency, but Gox says they don't send any JPY outside of the country.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
And some withdraws are coming through, its really just USD withdraws that are having issues. The SEPA EUR transfers queue seems to be getting shorter and shorter.
I asked them to withdraw via JPY, and they said NO. So my impression is they have no money at all.

Why would they have said No? I know people who withdraw JPY last week without issue, and the JPY volume is way higher than normal right now, so I think people are indeed getting JPY transfers out.

And BTW, you cannot withdraw USD via a JPY domestic transfer...
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000
Truly decentralized stable asset

this^
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Activity: 282
Per topic, why are people still using mtgox when there is no way to withdraw your money?
because the 15-20 dollar gap is luring ppl to gox.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Why are people still using gox when there is no way to withdraw?
The real question is:
Why are people still using gox?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
I'm selling BTC on a very low rate, because SEPA needs about 3-4 weeks for me. I tried a lower amount now, 399 EUR, but it also lasts 2 weeks now.

As soon as price differences are more equal, I say goodbye.
Activity: 350
Some lucky people got SEPA transfer recently Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Per topic, why are people still using mtgox when there is no way to withdraw your money?

I'm able to withdraw my money.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: