Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are people using Ethereum to create token ? - page 2. (Read 967 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Dear Community,

I have been looking around the website for the answer but I have not found anything clear. The question is simple, why are most of the token being created are on the Ethereum blockchain ?

Why are people not using alternatives like ETC, Counterparty, Statis, etc ? what are the advantages and disadvantages of using the Ethereum blockchain in this case ?

In my opinion, most people are using Ethereum because out of all blockchains, ethereum has the biggest and most active developer community.

What do you think ?
Thank you in advance for your opinion.

peace

I honestly have the same question, why eth blockchain is more desirable than other alternatives, and it turns out after reading in this thread I found the answer, because eth blockchain has smart contract ERC20 feature. Which is why investors are interested
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Dear Community,

I have been looking around the website for the answer but I have not found anything clear. The question is simple, why are most of the token being created are on the Ethereum blockchain ?

Why are people not using alternatives like ETC, Counterparty, Statis, etc ? what are the advantages and disadvantages of using the Ethereum blockchain in this case ?

have In my opinion, most people are using Ethereum because out of all blockchains, ethereum has the biggest and most active developer community.

What do you think ?

peace
Here the main reason ( in my opinion ) is that the fee , If you can make eye back at the fee of the bitcoin then bitcoin fee transaction was not much high but in the last couple months we seen the big fee that we needed to confirm our transaction .
So may be most of the tocken platform decided to launch Thier tocken for the blockchain of the Etherium coin .
But here I don't think that to have tocken for the ETH based blockchain are better because we can't direct withdraw to any ETH address of exchange , we need to have offical wallet for this but in the bitcoin there was no condition and we were able to cashout any tocken into bitcoin at any address .
So here now a type of competition will arise where the developers will have the option to choose bitcoin or Etherium .
Here no doubt bitcoin is better for ico platform then ETH .
Activity: 3038
Merit: 617
Eth is one of the stAble chanin and easy to configure. It won't be long Waves will also be used by hundreds of tokens to be created. More developers and businesses prefer doing this because they don't have to develop their own network which can be tiresome and requires a lot of money.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Actually there are a few systems being developed on those other chains. The thing is ethereum is evolving fast, because the community is pretty active and is constantly upgrading it and helping with documentation that is mandatory to help developers.

Agree on this, if you will be observing carefully many of the ICO's appearing nowadays are usually are into Ethereum Platform. because of the fast evolvement of ethereum i guess this the the main thing  why most of the developers choose etheruem as their platform. but there are others also such as waves and nem. you can have lots of choices you prefer depending on the coin you are launching
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
ETH is not the best platform around but is the one most investors have confidence in.
Yeah, because of the trust of investors than many people are making coin by using Smart contract ERC20.
Activity: 280
Merit: 122
it's easy to create token using smart contract, and eth founder VB is still active to guide the development unlike bitcoin
Activity: 132
BC create a Dapp on ethereum blockchain have more advantages than others. Although some may prefer EOS recently.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
It's a combination of things, it is the biggest coin and has the biggest current development going on around it.

You are wrong though about this one, most tokens are being done on ethereum yes but there are some alternatives that are becoming very popular as well, especially the waves platform.
Activity: 84
imo the main reasons are the ERC20 standard and the large scale of the Ethereum network. Ethereum is pretty battle tested so it's a lower risk for issuers.
Activity: 66
Actually there are a few systems being developed on those other chains. The thing is ethereum is evolving fast, because the community is pretty active and is constantly upgrading it and helping with documentation that is mandatory to help developers.
legendary
Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001
Thank God I'm an atheist
ETH is not the best platform around but is the one most investors have confidence in.
Activity: 168
Merit: 102
Relest - first real estate rental auction platform
Yes, ETH has an active community, and, ofc, ETH is more advanced platform
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Dear Community,

In my opinion, most people are using Ethereum because out of all blockchains, ethereum has the biggest and most active developer community.

What do you think ?

peace
Pages:
Jump to: