Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are signature campaign scarce? - page 2. (Read 904 times)

Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
September 13, 2017, 02:23:23 PM
I have observed that signature campaign are not forthcoming as users make applications and re-applications. Few campaigns  reward very minimal. Is it anything about China's ban?
What's your view?

You can check the alt market and you will see a lot of bounties. If you are talking about bitcoin paying signature campaign  there's a lot but you have to wait till a campaign manager open a campaign. But don't expect like everyday there will be a campaign. Sometimes like every week there will be 2 or 3 simultaneous campaign being opened. I guess patience is also needed in order to join a campaign.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 279
September 13, 2017, 02:10:11 PM
it is true that the signature campaign with bitcoin payment was scarce, but for signature campaign under bounties are getting more visible. reward for bitcoin based signature was relatively low and so as the risk for it is paid weekly unlike to the reward for bounties signature campaign are high and also the risk are high for it is paid after the end of the ICO and you will never knew if the ICO will succeed or not and some are ended up as scam so it is quite studios in joining bounties than joining bitcoin based signature campaign.

Seems to be the case. I've never had a campaign since Waves closed and I don't bother with ICOs anyway. And there'll be probably less of those after what the Chinese government has done.

I'd prefer having a few microbits here and there while I gossip in this forum. At least that's sure coffee. ICOs seem to be a hassle. You'll register in their site where they dump you the tokens and there's that chance that it would be worthless.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
September 13, 2017, 01:45:09 PM
China has nothing to do with anything when it comes to signature campaigns.

The truly successful sig campaigns occasionally outgrow the need to do them. Coinsbank is an example of this.

Others are closed to new posters permanently as they have more than enough users to pick and choose from and they stay put anyway. Others like Bitmixer simply end their business.

And there seem to be many more short term ones, especially ICO related ones. They're quick bursts of marketing and nothing else.

It should also be noted that the ICOs the Chinese government is getting uptight about are largely unknown and unavailable in the West so there's no overlap.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
September 13, 2017, 12:45:56 PM
I have observed that signature campaign are not forthcoming as users make applications and re-applications. Few campaigns  reward very minimal. Is it anything about China's ban?
What's your view?
OP,  your observations are right. There's scarcity of signature campaigns paying in bitcoins these few days here. There is so much apprehension in the crypto world because of "China". This has caused  developers to be laid back and observing how things unfold before rolling out campaigns. It isn't really because there are so many people in the forum chasing after these campaigns. For instance before now we had on regularly basis an average of five fresh campaigns weekly. But now we have fewer campaigns. Devs are being careful.

I wouldn’t say signature campaigns are scarce and China has nothing to do with campaigns at all. It is true that there are more people applying for signature campaigns than positions available...

China has a lot to do with it! If not, why do prices of cryptos plunge each time there is a negative news from China?
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
September 13, 2017, 12:29:11 PM
it is true that the signature campaign with bitcoin payment was scarce, but for signature campaign under bounties are getting more visible. reward for bitcoin based signature was relatively low and so as the risk for it is paid weekly unlike to the reward for bounties signature campaign are high and also the risk are high for it is paid after the end of the ICO and you will never knew if the ICO will succeed or not and some are ended up as scam so it is quite studios in joining bounties than joining bitcoin based signature campaign.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039
September 13, 2017, 11:41:43 AM
I have observed that signature campaign are not forthcoming as users make applications and re-applications. Few campaigns  reward very minimal. Is it anything about China's ban?
What's your view?

It's possible that from your perspective as a newbie on this forum that you see very few opportunities for yourself. However, there are a large amount of sig campaigns, but keep in mind that there is an even larger number of members on the forum. Not everyone can be added into a sign campaign.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
September 13, 2017, 11:34:02 AM
I wouldn’t say signature campaigns are scarce and China has nothing to do with campaigns at all. It is true that there are more people applying for signature campaigns than positions available. It is also true that some people re-apply because they don’t get accepted, but there is a big problem in the forum with low quality posts due to signature campaigns and at least some managers are trying to address the issue.

So, if you want to get into signature campaigns in the future try to post in the forum regularly but adding value to the conversations.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
September 13, 2017, 11:26:03 AM
What's your view?
Pages:
Jump to: