Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are signatures allowed in the META forum? - page 2. (Read 500 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 160
February 08, 2018, 01:01:43 AM
Maybe you can try install this script if you are get annoyed with signature ads :

Code:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1003570.0

i hope it helpful
cheers^^
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123
February 07, 2018, 11:14:46 PM
They should be disabled in this section IMO.

This section is about issues and development of this forum.    We don't need advertising here....

I know another user mentioned that this logic taken to its conclusion would wind up at "No advertisement anywhere.", although I disagree; it might be nice if the advertisements were left to specific sections, instead of it being the default that they are allowed/enabled. Although, as I think theymos put it (I'm paraphrasing) he enjoys the idea that quality, long-term members can earn some extra coin just for doing what they already do.

That being said, maybe only allow signatures in the marketplace, service discussion. gambling and sections that would be seemingly relevant and non-intrusive. I also enjoy the idea of a "Signature Ban", this obviously would put more work on moderators that may not be feasible; the idea would be, if a moderator/admin feels you are abusing or misusing their section, they may disable your signatures there (or everywhere). This also would make a campaign managers job more difficult.. I'm thinking out loud, but I have a few under-developed ideas that might be the starting point for something half-decent.

I definitely think all of the "Merit plz" threads would still exist, with or without the signatures, so I'm wondering.. Has something recently caught your attention to make you feel it necessary to bring this issue up now?
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
February 07, 2018, 10:28:26 PM
Disabling it in only this section is technically not easy to do, and is most likely not worth the time to implement

It would take Theymos a couple seconds to implement it, since other forums here do not allow signatures.

But thanks for the ignorant comment.  Smiley

copper member
Activity: 103
Merit: 7
February 07, 2018, 09:37:06 PM

This section is about issues and development of this forum.    We don't need advertising here....

Disabling it in only this section is technically not easy to do, and is most likely not worth the time to implement
Activity: 908
Merit: 657
February 07, 2018, 09:30:11 PM
With that logic, why should they be allowed anywhere on the forum?
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
February 07, 2018, 09:15:19 PM

This section is about issues and development of this forum.    We don't need advertising here....
Pages:
Jump to: