Pages:
Author

Topic: why are there so many scammers when it comes to bitcoins and paypal - page 2. (Read 1316 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Chargebacks can occur months after a transaction. So if someone pays by Paypal, they haven't really 'paid' anything until months have passed and the chance of a chargeback lessens over time.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Is there a time limit on how long you have before a chargeback could not be done? If so, you should specifically state that you will not send the coins until that time has passed and do just that.

As a buyer, why should I trust any seller who does that?
Activity: 9
Why are there scammers?

1. Free money
2. see 1.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Is there a time limit on how long you have before a chargeback could not be done? If so, you should specifically state that you will not send the coins until that time has passed and do just that.
Activity: 23
Unfortunately paypay has always been against anything which makes it worth using.  I remember that currency exchange was always against their ToS and if a buyer initiated a chargeback, there's nothing you can do as a seller.  I'm happy bitcoin exists and that these problems will fade out over time.  I mean it all comes down to trust in the end, and you might still have to use escrow, but it's still better in the end
Activity: 6
I thought that the buyer protection didn't cover intangible goods & services???
Activity: 1
What ever happened to Paypal's 'Buyer Protection Service'?
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
How can I buy with paypal? I Would like to buy with Paypal.

everyone who was selling and accepting paypal was scamed, so there is none left i guess
Activity: 470
Anyway, I think paypal does not allow for such bitcoin exchange transactions as per their terms?

This is correct.

Good luck finding anyone. If you do they will probably have high fees to recoup chargebacks.
Activity: 9
Activity: 14
Anyway, I think paypal does not allow for such bitcoin exchange transactions as per their terms?
Activity: 15
Why not use escrow service for trade ?

Escrow doesn't really help as the person sending the PayPal can file a claim long after the transaction took place. It just wouldn't be practical.

he's right

Escrow doesn't really help as the person sending the PayPal can file a claim long after the transaction took place. It just wouldn't be practical.
Activity: 322
Ask me anything if you have any problem
Activity: 14
Paypal always protect the buyer in chargeback case especially for intangible goods. It is quite unfair for the merchants.
I just have charge backs on my account and funds are held in like 3 different transactions. So its messed up one of my methods, plus i sent the coins already so am totally screwed  Cry
I no same here as i had a legit person i dealt with before. But i dont want to use this method again so i lost a customer  Embarrassed
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I feel sorry for the people who aren't scammers that use this method.
It is way too easy to reverse the transaction with PayPal while impossible with bitcoin. Doing these kind of trades is just asking to be scammed.
why are there so many scammers when it comes to bitcoins and paypal, I am a legitimate seller but i have been ripped off by paypal users claiming chargebacks anyway to win a case with this

anyone ??
Pages:
Jump to: