Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are transaction times so slow? - page 2. (Read 611 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
August 28, 2017, 10:17:26 AM
Hello! I am not sure if this is the wrong board or not, but I would like to ask.

Why are the transaction times so slow? I have sold an item online around 5 hours ago and my transaction is still on 0 confirmations.
Transaction TX:ID

Is there a problem with my wallet or is it just the network that is currently slow.

The blockchain is under attack, look at the obvious spam on the network. They spam the network in order to make newbies like you complain about it and then sell their centralizing big blocks solution, so don't fall for it. Pay an higher fee if you are so impatient to get your transaction confirmed or wait for the spamming idiots to run out of money, do not sell your real BTC for shitcoins because of this.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 28, 2017, 10:14:45 AM
Hello! I am not sure if this is the wrong board or not, but I would like to ask.

Why are the transaction times so slow? I have sold an item online around 5 hours ago and my transaction is still on 0 confirmations.

Is there a problem with my wallet or is it just the network that is currently slow.

Miners are switching their hashing power back and forth between bitcoin and bitcoincash. Plus the bitcoin network is congested.

My advice - if you have to use bitcoin, do it on the weekend, when the number of transactions drops, so your chances of getting confirmed rise. And if you are moving coins from exchange to exchanage, use an alt (litecoin, ether, doge Bch)
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
August 28, 2017, 10:10:25 AM
then Switching to bitcoin Cash is the best option you want us to do? and right now BCH price is at $607.43 yes this is a good value just like when bitcoin is just starting but whatever you said bitcoin will still have a delightful price than any other Altcoins out there, and I think waiting for the confirmation of the transaction is not new to us and up to now fees are really rising but let's just say that Segwit is doing something to their power to really Fix this even with the small 1 mb core maybe segwit's taking a counter measure with things.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026
August 23, 2017, 04:10:41 AM
My transaction has been completed, looks like there was a lot of load on the block chain. Still waiting for Segwit to be able to give us 8Mbs/block. Anyone have an idea when that will be?
Yes.  I have an idea when that will be: Never.  SegWit doesn't do 8MB.  SegWit will never do that.  SegWit is being carefully restricted to 1MB by Core.  Indeed, they are looking for ways to go to .5MB.  I am not kidding about this. 

Just use Bitcoin Cash.  They already have 8MB running right now and they have very short confirmation times and very low fees.  It is already running.  You don't need to wait for anything.
Activity: 322
Merit: 134
August 23, 2017, 03:45:38 AM
My transaction has been completed, looks like there was a lot of load on the block chain. Still waiting for Segwit to be able to give us 8Mbs/block. Anyone have an idea when that will be?
Activity: 322
Merit: 134
August 22, 2017, 05:07:46 AM

Pages:
Jump to: