Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are you still mining on AntPool? - page 4. (Read 48401 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
March 12, 2017, 09:06:11 PM
they line up in droves to buy their used miners and mine at the pool.  how greedy can one company be?  boy, we've all come a long way from geeks at our computers mining bitcoin for $10.  only wanting enough bitcoin to buy another gpu for gaming.  but hey,  let's just give them or any other greedy farm corp your money.

Where would these greedy fucks be if Bitcoin was still under $100?   Hmmm  Imagine if the fastest miners were still the usb miners? Then bitcoin wouldn't be in the hands of the wealthy. and still in the hobbyist.

sorry kinda went off track there.  probably not the thread for this  Grin
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
March 12, 2017, 09:05:59 PM
Seriously folks.  Why are you mining there?  You are giving up SO MUCH coin.  Here's just the past 24 hours:

In the past 24 hours, Antpool has made 29.50355862BTC for themselves from transaction fees ALONE.  They've solved 17 blocks, which means they've made an average of about 1.74BTC per block.  That turns into 13.88% fees they are charging their miners.

Why are you giving up 13.88% of your income?

Mine on a pool that pays you for your work.

I'm curious to how much of their hashrate is simply b/c they put themselves as the target pool.  I hope/trust users do actually change the payout address to their own, but maybe some see the btc coming to their wallet and think it 'good enough'

i would think readers of this pool sub-forum wouldn't be your target audience - and likely don't use their poo(l)
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
March 11, 2017, 12:35:06 PM
How much of their pool total hashrate hashnest?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
March 11, 2017, 11:55:04 AM
Seriously folks.  Why are you mining there?  You are giving up SO MUCH coin.  Here's just the past 24 hours:

In the past 24 hours, Antpool has made 29.50355862BTC for themselves from transaction fees ALONE.  They've solved 17 blocks, which means they've made an average of about 1.74BTC per block.  That turns into 13.88% fees they are charging their miners.

Why are you giving up 13.88% of your income?

Mine on a pool that pays you for your work.
Pages:
Jump to: