Pages:
Author

Topic: Why aren't there many women in the crypto space? - page 2. (Read 286 times)

Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
My theory why this is so:

* The event host probably have lots of male friends. He send mass invite to most of his male friends.

* Women are not traditional the bread winner... So they don't bother much with work. They are rather busy raising kids.

* They are just being shy.

*  They don't take a lot risk (unless encouraged). It traditionally man's role to take risk.  Men are more adventurous and more willing to risk it with new & risky businesses. It more like how "Man of a house" would be the first to inspect a strange Christmas gift dropped by a neighbor in his front door.

* It could be cultural.

Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Lack of interest?
Maybe this.

I have my wife and she likes crypto because she seem to believe that it's just all about making money. But when I try to explain about the risk that it has, she's not willing to listen.

They are interested if its about cashing out crypto but if the market isn't favorable, they lose interest.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
because the girls have no money
Activity: 82
Women are not able to understand the logic of blockchain
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
Whenever you attend meet-ups or see photos from blockchain or crypto events, 90% of those in attendance and those  representing blockchain companies are usually guys.

What's stopping women from getting into the crypto space?

Systematic barriers? Lack of interest? Lack of acceptance?

What could we do to increase their numbers?

I think that women are more careful,  think more,  check every little detail. . .
Maybe I'm wrong but based on my wife and experience with her I can say that she is still skeptic about crypto and don't trust it much 😀
So,  what to say more! ? 😁
Activity: 1
Whenever you attend meet-ups or see photos from blockchain or crypto events, 90% of those in attendance and those  representing blockchain companies are usually guys.

What's stopping women from getting into the crypto space?

Systematic barriers? Lack of interest? Lack of acceptance?

What could we do to increase their numbers?
Pages:
Jump to: