Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Bitcoin Instead of Gold? - page 2. (Read 889 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 263
CONTEST ORGANIZER
August 23, 2023, 11:39:26 AM
Because gold had his time and that time ahs passed, we evolved so much and we change our system years ago, and we still in the system who replaced gold, in the mid 1900, so now Bitcoin its the new system and the future to addopt.

Gold was gold,then """trust""" in FIAT system not backed by gold, and now computer and math based who is Bitcoin.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 370
August 23, 2023, 11:17:16 AM
Bitcoin is far better than Gold, when it comes for safety and thirds parties knowing the assets your having, while holding for a long term, Bitcoin can not be disclose to anyone, accept mentioned it out and is more secured in digital currency that can be exchange anywhere, I mean any country you are or travelling to, while Gold has to under process and is not easy to move out of country, because of security involved, I prefer Bitcoin than Gold.
From my personal experience, investing in gold can be a smart decision for the long term. If you face a financial crisis, selling your gold at a pawn shop can quickly cover your daily expenses. However, it's important to remember that investing in Bitcoin is a different strategy than investing in precious materials like gold. Each investment approach has its own set of advantages and risks. Depending on your trading style, investing in Bitcoin may be a better option than gold because it is highly volatile and liquid, and you can sell it quickly for a high amount. While gold tends to have a more stable price than bitcoin, it can take longer to appreciate its value. Nonetheless, having gold as a part of your investment portfolio can provide a safety net during times of economic downturn.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
August 23, 2023, 10:49:06 AM
In ancient times, people often invested in gold for the future as it was a great investment option.
We are all modern people so no need to compare to ancient people and why did they invest in gold. Your comparison is too much and too exaggerating but I like it as it funny and makes me laugh.

Now people prefer to invest in Bitcoin, which is also known as digital gold. Bitcoin has several features that make people prefer investing in Bitcoin over gold. Bitcoin has a fixed supply while gold has no limited supply. Bitcoin is mined with a certain amount while gold mining has no limit.
Gold has limited supply but we just don't know the exact number and there is potential for finding more gold in deeper layers on Earth, from other planets, asteroids and somewhere in the space. It is not correct to say gold does not have a limited supply but of course, Bitcoin is clearly with its supply at 21 million bitcoins and it gives investors feeling of scarcity than gold. They will feel more FOMO with Bitcoin than with gold.

Activity: 336
Merit: 292
August 23, 2023, 07:32:25 AM
The answer to a debate that is constantly discussed on social media accounts and news outlets may open doors to different answers for everyone. So, Why Bitcoin Instead of Gold for you?

If this topic has been discussed before, I would appreciate it if you could enlighten me.

In ancient times, people often invested in gold for the future as it was a great investment option. Now people prefer to invest in Bitcoin, which is also known as digital gold. Bitcoin has several features that make people prefer investing in Bitcoin over gold. Bitcoin has a fixed supply while gold has no limited supply. Bitcoin is mined with a certain amount while gold mining has no limit. As you can imagine, Bitcoin has been on the market for a very short time, but its value has increased many times that of gold. You can store as many bitcoins as you want, because it has no physical form. You won't have any problem, but if you store too much gold, you may have a problem. Bitcoin can be sold anywhere in the world at any time when needed. Bitcoin can be easily transferred from one place to another in any corner of the world, you just need to remember your password. Moving gold from one place to another is very difficult, and there are many risks involved. Gold investment cannot be ignored but I think bitcoin investment is more profitable and safe than gold.
Activity: 517
Merit: 12
August 23, 2023, 05:40:33 AM
Bitcoin is far better than Gold, when it comes for safety and thirds parties knowing the assets your having, while holding for a long term, Bitcoin can not be disclose to anyone, accept mentioned it out and is more secured in digital currency that can be exchange anywhere, I mean any country you are or travelling to, while Gold has to under process and is not easy to move out of country, because of security involved, I prefer Bitcoin than Gold.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042
HODL
August 22, 2023, 11:06:53 PM
I often wonder why people frequently draw comparisons between Bitcoin and Gold. While Gold is a tangible asset and Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, they seem quite incomparable. Nonetheless, as a crypto enthusiast, I personally favor Bitcoin over gold. The potential for profit that Bitcoin offers grants me a sense of financial freedom. Holding Bitcoin allows me to have control over my assets without worrying about traceability, unlike physical assets that authorities can monitor and tax.

Because both is a good asset that's why there's a comparison especially for people seeking for better opportunity. That's how people think and its really normal that they compare it,  but at the end of the day if they have money for sure they invest on both since they would provably know that both asset is worth to grab since they are good asset that good to hold for long months or years. Maybe taxation is less concern since the main priority of investors is to earn more profit from their investments made.

Each has its own pros and cons, nothing is perfect. But the comparison here is not fair because this is a bitcoin forum, and of course, people will favor bitcoin over gold no matter how good gold really is. Personally, I would also choose bitcoin, simply because my goal is profit and I am willing to take risks for bigger rewards. But if I were a rich person with a lot of money, I would choose gold as the bulk of my portfolio, would still have bitcoin but not as much as now. There is no denying that while bitcoin is more profitable than gold, it is also riskier than gold.
Activity: 12
Merit: 1
August 22, 2023, 09:03:07 PM
Bitcoin, in contrast, is a highly liquid asset. Unlike gold, trading the crypto is not subject to government regulation, making it more flexible. Bitcoin also has the potential for high returns, as its value can rise rapidly. However, this volatility makes it a risky investment, as it can just as quickly lose value.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
August 22, 2023, 06:45:18 PM
I often wonder why people frequently draw comparisons between Bitcoin and Gold. While Gold is a tangible asset and Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, they seem quite incomparable. Nonetheless, as a crypto enthusiast, I personally favor Bitcoin over gold. The potential for profit that Bitcoin offers grants me a sense of financial freedom. Holding Bitcoin allows me to have control over my assets without worrying about traceability, unlike physical assets that authorities can monitor and tax.

Because both is a good asset that's why there's a comparison especially for people seeking for better opportunity. That's how people think and its really normal that they compare it,  but at the end of the day if they have money for sure they invest on both since they would provably know that both asset is worth to grab since they are good asset that good to hold for long months or years. Maybe taxation is less concern since the main priority of investors is to earn more profit from their investments made.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
August 22, 2023, 05:49:34 PM
Activity: 1316
Merit: 436
August 22, 2023, 05:32:14 PM
your explanation does make sense too, because if we had both of course it would be even better, but what the op asked in my opinion is this, why do people prefer btc over gold? yes, personally, of course, I prefer BTC because investing in BTC can potentially get large profit, but if investing in both, namely BTC and gold, of course it's better because we can potentially get maximum benefits.
Great rewards only come to those who take significant risks, and Bitcoin carries greater risks than gold. However, it's important to note that one can easily stumble into high-risk investments. The primary purpose of diversifying assets into Bitcoin and gold is to mitigate risk, essentially preventing sudden financial downfall.

Bitcoin and gold come with distinct strengths and weaknesses, making a direct comparison between the two quite peculiar. It's like comparing the purchase of meat and fish. Both are valuable, and I find merit in both for certain allocations.

Diversification does not help us get the maximum profit, but only helps us to reduce risk, so depending on the risk tolerance of each person, there is the most suitable option. When we have $100k and invest $50k in bitcoin and $50k in gold, gold doesn't fluctuate too much, how can we get the maximum return if compared to the investment 100k dollars into bitcoin?

Because I don't have a lot of money, investing in gold for me is a barrier to increasing profits. So I will accept the risk when investing in bitcoin. Although the risk will be higher, but if successful, my profit will be maximum than investing in gold.
I agree in this case because indeed in this case regardless of what is said is verified or something like that everything depends on the interest and disverification is only a reason to want both but on the other hand it also returns to the wishes of each only if we are smart then indeed being in bitcoin compared to gold is a wise choice.
Talking about risk is just a classic reason because of course when we are in a choice then the risk will still exist and in bitcoin also clearly has risks that we have to go through.
It is not wrong to want to be disverification but in the end when our profits are not greater don't complain about it because the benefits also adjust to the level of investment we make.
Activity: 336
Merit: 296
August 22, 2023, 04:29:14 PM
Because it is easier to move across to globe.  It is easier to cut in a million pieces.  It is easier to sell.  Easier to buy.  Easier to own.
Activity: 672
Merit: 16
Looking for guilt best look first into a mirror
August 22, 2023, 04:20:16 PM
The preverance of Gold vs Bitcoin is like depened what you would like and in what situation.
If you are like mad max Gold then without question its Gold.
If you are in to be rich someday well most likely BTC it'll be.
Activity: 618
Merit: 140
August 22, 2023, 03:45:46 PM
Some countries disallow the massive collection and gathering of gold over a single place/entity, and doing so may hold you accountable for crimes that would lead to jail time and repossession of your gold holdings. With bitcoin we can't expect that to happen unless said governments assume complete control of bitcoin which is nigh impossible. Another would be the convenience factor. As many have said here, it's much easier keeping a password on a sheet of paper or on a 65 gram trezor wallet than hoarding tons and tons of gold in equivalent value. Keeping it safe from thieves would really be a hard thing too.

Bitcoin is just superior in many ways over gold, but that doesn't mean that they are to be compared. Gold serves different purposes to bitcoin.

Well, actually bitcoin does not necessarily have to be centralized and controlled by the government in order for it to be penalized for it, the simple reason that it is not yet legalized may be the main obstacle that this currency may have, of course this is focused on those that perform mining of this asset, which can be victims of the law if they are discovered doing this in a territory where they do not admit it, as well as for those establishments that decide to receive bitcoin as a form of payment, for them this decision can be a problem, however, is the other scenario, where users obtain bitcoin without the need to mine or expose it in a store, this other way has allowed this asset to cross borders without any inconvenience, and without the anguish of being discovered, since that being so encrypted and preventing the identification of those who possess it, gives you that freedom to move anywhere in the world, I suppose that if this were not the case, governments would not sit still and invent some way to snatch them away (something that i consider impossible).

Now I agree with this
Bitcoin is just superior in many ways over gold, but that doesn't mean that they are to be compared. Gold serves different purposes to bitcoin.
... gold and bitcoin are two very different assets, one with more history than the other, but I believe that even though i consider bitcoin to be better in several ways, both can be used without the need to substitute one for the other, The best way to progress in this world is by having several methods of income.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 655
Bitcoin is achievement
August 22, 2023, 03:20:50 PM
The answer to a debate that is constantly discussed on social media accounts and news outlets may open doors to different answers for everyone. So, Why Bitcoin Instead of Gold for you?

If this topic has been discussed before, I would appreciate it if you could enlighten me.
The comparing analysis will let you know while people preferred bitcoin over Gold, its obvious that bitcoin technology was introduced in the year 2009 and when looking at in another perspective bitcoin have not reached up to thirty year in existence, but bitcoin have more firms and its use for transaction of currency from one country to another without much processes, and secondly, its a valuable asset that you can invest and it became propagate, so therefore, you cannot compare Gold with bitcoin,  gold is an ancient currency and many people like young adults does not value Gold like bitcoin. Myself I have not taught of investing in Gold but immediately I noticed bitcoin I developed the interest to invest with bitcoin, people have their special reasons while they do invest in bitcoin instead of Gold.
Activity: 770
Merit: 106
August 22, 2023, 02:53:19 PM

I would definitely prefer Bitcoin because of the reasons that,

1. As time goes by, its value will surely increase, not equal to Gold, it's not like that, it's just limited.
2. Bitcoin is not easy to steal unless someone is a hacker.
3. Definitely secure and safe as long as you hold the seed and private key.
4. can be inherited from the person you love.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
August 22, 2023, 05:42:32 AM
Both have a limited supply, both need to be mined although the mining process is very different, and both can be used as currency and are also great for promising investments.
I have both, and all I did was take some of the profits from Bitcoin to buy gold when the bitcoin price hit a high. And I prioritize Bitcoin because of its security, even though it has risks due to fluctuations. But for the long term Bitcoin in my opinion there is no risk as long as I have strong faith and patience, in the long term Bitcoin always promises to provide good returns.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 129
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
August 22, 2023, 05:24:36 AM
your explanation does make sense too, because if we had both of course it would be even better, but what the op asked in my opinion is this, why do people prefer btc over gold? yes, personally, of course, I prefer BTC because investing in BTC can potentially get large profit, but if investing in both, namely BTC and gold, of course it's better because we can potentially get maximum benefits.
Great rewards only come to those who take significant risks, and Bitcoin carries greater risks than gold. However, it's important to note that one can easily stumble into high-risk investments. The primary purpose of diversifying assets into Bitcoin and gold is to mitigate risk, essentially preventing sudden financial downfall.

Bitcoin and gold come with distinct strengths and weaknesses, making a direct comparison between the two quite peculiar. It's like comparing the purchase of meat and fish. Both are valuable, and I find merit in both for certain allocations.

Diversification does not help us get the maximum profit, but only helps us to reduce risk, so depending on the risk tolerance of each person, there is the most suitable option. When we have $100k and invest $50k in bitcoin and $50k in gold, gold doesn't fluctuate too much, how can we get the maximum return if compared to the investment 100k dollars into bitcoin?

Because I don't have a lot of money, investing in gold for me is a barrier to increasing profits. So I will accept the risk when investing in bitcoin. Although the risk will be higher, but if successful, my profit will be maximum than investing in gold.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 538
paper money is going away
August 22, 2023, 04:56:31 AM

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
August 22, 2023, 04:33:58 AM
We can see that the price of gold has increased tremendously over the past few days.

No it hasn't, its been flat or down.

As gold is a natural resource, and it is always preferred by people and invest more in gold than Bitcoin.

Since Bitcoin is currently invested and preferred by most people, with Bitcoin being preferred over gold, the future of Bitcoin is clear and imminent.

Nevermind the fact that you contradicted yourself and nothing you said makes very much sense -- I'm just wondering how you come up with these posts... All the information you presented is factually wrong. Do you just make stuff up or do you translate it from old articles in your native language? You're not providing anything remotely of value to any conversation you engage in.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1253
Cashback 15%
August 21, 2023, 11:31:54 AM
I challenge anyone here to got to a garage sale, flea market, coffee shop or gas station without selection and buy something with a bitcoin. Go for it see what happens. Nothing but blank stairs.

Sure as an investment sure it CAN and will excel at some point. What if you need some money for a oral surgery and you need cash. How does bitcoin look when your 33% down at the moment? It's going to take some work to make up that loss. Little bit of evil fiat on hand is handy, I can cash in the silver or gold at spot or slight loss now. No biggie.

You can revert the situation when Bitcoin is uptrending.  We cannot just choose one side when another side also happpens.  If a person buy BTC @$900  and intend to sell BTC now, do you think the person suffer losses?

What happens if a screaming opportunity comes by but your all lock up in BTC undrwater with no other assets on hand? You lose. (opportunity cost).

No?  You can sell your BTC if you think the opportunity of profit on the target venture can outweigh you losses when you sell your BTC.  Remember, BTC has high liquidity, although highly volatile, you can sell your BTC any time you wanted.

I suspect allot of you are really young like 33 or less and haven't seen enough and parrot other is threads.

Most probably younger than 25 years old. Others maybe are still in college level.

Oh it's limited amount, oh it will go up over time, it's so portable and fast... Blah blah..

This is logical, with continuous adoption and finite supply what else can you think of?

May be true but stop counting on the best possible scenario and hedge against middle of the road worst.

Read the books by the winners, not listen in an echo chamber of what you want to believe.

True that, in every investment expect the worst and make adjustments accordingly.  Between Bitcoin and Gold, both are precious if we have the opportunity to hold both, then why not buy both?  After all diversification is another good thing in an investment venture
Pages:
Jump to: