Pages:
Author

Topic: why bitcoin is banned by the government - page 23. (Read 2060 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
January 24, 2018, 02:07:24 AM
some government who tries to ban bitcoin are perhaps afraid that their people will not be working for their government anymore (that is, by paying taxes). because people earn easily without hard labor in doing bitcoin, government see that this could change the business structure of the country (people doing work in front of each own laptops). and by that no established big businesses would be happy about. you see, its all politics and business, because those who basically run the government are mostly if not all, owns big businesses in their respective country. if this will be the case, then who will work for these oligarchs anymore?
Activity: 175
Merit: 1
January 24, 2018, 01:33:09 AM
is not that bitcoin able to change the state of its users which effects also on the state of the country's economy, why even banned hemzzz Grin Huh

I think that is not a good idea because I thought bitcoin helps a lot of people in the community that's why the government must embrace and love bitcoin. There is no reason to banned bitcoin. I think that the government need to study hard regarding this and kindly consider a lot of people in the community that using bitcoin.
Activity: 30
January 24, 2018, 01:19:01 AM
One of the reason is they want to regulate bitcoin. And since they cannot do that entirely, one of their option is to ban any bitcoin transaction. But it very hard to implement that policy.
Activity: 868
Merit: 256
January 24, 2018, 12:48:34 AM
is not that bitcoin able to change the state of its users which effects also on the state of the country's economy, why even banned hemzzz Grin Huh
not all country are banning bitcoins but they are some goverment controlling bitcoins because bitcoin is decentralized government has no control of it. i also think that it may affect some business like banking. instead of saving for local money people exchange their money into to bitcoins which may cause bankraft . here in my country goverment adopting bitcoins but want to put tax on it

Well, There are some governments that Banned bitcoin because it is not under the laws of other government. Bitcoin is not also paying and receiving taxes for any transaction so that Government will not benefited on it. Bitcoin can also cause money laundering due to its anonymity that ables the user to tranfer a lot and huge amount of money without knowing the identity of the receiver and the sender.
Activity: 196
Merit: 3
January 23, 2018, 11:49:24 PM
I also dont understand the logic of the government officials why they need to ban bitcoin when actually it is helping their people to have a good source of income. The main reason I can see why they are doing this is because of tax and the peoples interest. First, they cannot put on tax to bitcoin. Second, people are more engage in working in bitcoin than working for their government.
Activity: 634
Merit: 10
January 23, 2018, 11:40:12 PM
I think the reason why bitcoin is being banned by governments is because they feel threatened for bitcoins being decentralized. It only means that government can't control it and I think this the reason why they ban bitcoin. If people keeps investing in bitcoin, government would not be able to control these people, know their transactions, if they're doing illegal things or what.
Activity: 296
Merit: 100
January 23, 2018, 08:15:22 PM
The user anonymity is the main thing as there no central authority to control it, even though it exist only in online it is exchangeable for goods or service, the governments also fear of user confidentiality that this currencies can be used for money laundering, drug dealing, weapons or tax evasion. Also when people find ease to use bitcoin the demand for banks will be reduced thus shaking the economy of the country, well all these makes governments not to legalize bitcoin.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
i love my family
January 23, 2018, 07:31:27 PM
not all country are banning bitcoins but they are some goverment controlling bitcoins because bitcoin is decentralized government has no control of it. i also think that it may affect some business like banking. instead of saving for local money people exchange their money into to bitcoins which may cause bankraft . here in my country goverment adopting bitcoins but want to put tax on it
Activity: 266
Merit: 122
January 23, 2018, 06:37:47 PM
I only see one reason why government banned bitcoin it is because they are afraid of losing power over the economy because of the idea that bitcoin is decentralized and does not need anyone to control it and because government couldn't find any way to regulate bitcoin in the market what they do is to banned exchanges and prohibit the use of bitcoin in their market and surely as long as they could not find way to control cryptos this will continue in the future
Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
January 23, 2018, 06:28:10 PM
Countries that made an attempt to ban Bitcoin or has ban Bitcoin did so because they believe that crypto currency in general has negative effect on their economy and that is beyond them to control because of its decentralized nature without knowing that it will do their economy good if they allow it to be used in their country.
Activity: 479
Merit: 105
January 23, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
I think for some other country they are banned it because of the anonymity and decentralized use of bitcoin no owner so if someone having issue in bitcoin no one could report into the police to investigate ..
Some government believes that it is too bad, and is not good to be allowed in any country, and one of the reasons being that Bitcoin users does not pay their tax, and uses Bitcoin as a way to avoid paying tax. In some countries it may seem to them like a rip off from their economy, when they feel like they are losing. There can be various reasons why a government will choose to ban Bitcoin.
The government have the right the use of bitcoin in their country because some users become abusive and use it in doings that is against the law. Even we cannot pay taxes for bitcoin in the government directly,  we can pay tax in other way.  They add taxes in every goods and services we take. We are also contribute for the growth of the economy.
Activity: 104
Merit: 18
January 23, 2018, 05:57:51 PM
Bitcoin represent a revolution in the economic world and it becomes a real threat to world's economy. It offers a lot of things that can help people to earn money easily. Not only that, but also we can have a virtual banks with a very low fees and taxes so government to protect its self work on banning bitocin.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
January 23, 2018, 11:13:40 AM
Because those countries don't believe in bitcoin.
Bitcoin is anonymous, and there's no one that can control it, and therefore they think it might be dangerous since there's no protection about it.
Government can't do anything if there's a scam, they can't be responsible because they don't know who to deal with, and also it'll be dangerous for the banks if bitcoin is growing so big, and may be overcome cash.
It can disturb many things, and economy may be unstable if banks disappear. Although it's not a good thing to ban it, because bitcoin is great, and many people feel advantage from this.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
January 23, 2018, 11:12:25 AM
I think for some other country they are banned it because of the anonymity and decentralized use of bitcoin no owner so if someone having issue in bitcoin no one could report into the police to investigate ..
Some government believes that it is too bad, and is not good to be allowed in any country, and one of the reasons being that Bitcoin users does not pay their tax, and uses Bitcoin as a way to avoid paying tax. In some countries it may seem to them like a rip off from their economy, when they feel like they are losing. There can be various reasons why a government will choose to ban Bitcoin.
The reason you have mentioned are probably true but what are the effects the ban by the government will bring into bitcoin and its growth ? If they are getting clear idea about the consequence of banning bitcoin then definitely they will not bother about any regulations about bitcoins.

Yes, when people start using bitcoin as a currency and start dealing between them for their daily life's needs then government will not find any chances to regulate/ban bitcoins. It is a basic human right to accept any medium of exchange for their services and goods hence government will not able to intervene here.

This is what going to happen with bitcoin system in very near future and after that we can see governments are getting silent about bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
January 23, 2018, 10:30:39 AM
I agree that this is mainly because the govt can't tax Bitcoin transactions...
They can to a large extent. If a government forces every exchange to submit people's results on a yearly basis, they'll be gaining a whole lot tax income quite easily. I wouldn't even be surprised to later find out that exchanges are transferring data to the IRS already right now. South Korean exchanges are about to face these sanctions already, and I am pretty sure that western exchanges will follow too very soon. Big brother is watching you, and that while people don't even realize it. It's a scary thought, but not one that's unexpected. It's no secret that the majority of the people aren't paying their "due" taxes over their crypto holdings and profits. The government will take it out of you as result of that.

This will make the govt lose potentially Billions of funds for projects.
Lol. If crypto wasn't a thing at all, the governments would just continue their normal activities like they are doing right now, so what are they exactly losing? They are taking people's money by force, so it's more a form of theft in reality. The government punishes its people for theft, and rightfully so, but who punishes the government for their theft?
Activity: 510
Merit: 102
January 23, 2018, 10:11:42 AM
There are so many people in some country that has a power trying to ban bitcoins in their countries because i guess it ruined their taxes collection people finds a way to send money and earn money and doesn't paying for a tax. thats why government trying to ban bitcoin.
Yes, maybe that is the hidden reason of why they want to ban bitcoin because they cannot get an income tax or even in a money processing since bitcoin is having no central control. Government try to figure out to the public that bitcoin is prone in criminality and corruption because it is transacted anonymously, but for me i don't think so because as i see bitcoin as a financial miracle.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
January 23, 2018, 09:22:57 AM
Traditional currencies are issued, controlled and regulated by the central bank of that country. Volatility of such currency is regulated by government. Bitcoin is a decentralized, digital currency. It operates on peer to peer exchange system, so no third party interference is needed. So governments of many countries have fear that bitcoin may affect their fiat currency, so they put a ban on such decentralized currencies. Bitcon`s decentralized nature is increasing its use in criminal activities. Australia, USA, Japan have found use of bitcoin in drug trafficking, money laundering and also in terror funding activities. So these countries banned bitcoin from their economies.
Activity: 140
January 23, 2018, 09:09:16 AM

They may want to ban it, but it is nearly impossible to carry on effective measures to implement that decision. In essence, they just don´t like people with too much economic freedom.
Governments probably cannot shut it down through "technical" means, hacking the system, thus crashing the value or preventing it from working.
Activity: 91
January 23, 2018, 08:58:08 AM
I agree that this is mainly because the govt can't tax Bitcoin transactions... This will make the govt lose potentially Billions of funds for projects.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
January 23, 2018, 08:57:08 AM
There are so many people in some country that has a power trying to ban bitcoins in their countries because i guess it ruined their taxes collection people finds a way to send money and earn money and doesn't paying for a tax. thats why government trying to ban bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: