Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Bitcoin Is Going to Succeed: The Reason Nobody Is Talking About - page 2. (Read 17285 times)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
Also check out this great presentation by a Google engineer on Bitcoin applications that can be implemented right now. That's what I'm talking about as far the workforce overcoming hurdles.

Link?
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
Also check out this great presentation by a Google engineer on Bitcoin applications that can be implemented right now. That's what I'm talking about as far the workforce overcoming hurdles.
I don't think Wallstreet is really aware of Bitcoin's existence yet. I wonder what their take on it would even be.
Activity: 727
Merit: 500
Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

You, as well as millions of others, obviously do not know what technology means.

The term "technology" means a production process. For instance a technology for baking bread. From the way the ingredients are mixed, to the conditions of baking to packaging, etc.

What you mean is technics. You cannot build technology. Fact is that 90% of the people are illiterate and do not realize what they're saying half the time.

Who cares? We all understood what he meant. Words exist to convey meaning in the context they are used. This isn't an academic paper, why be a dick about it?
Changing the word "technology" to "technics" in his post would not have changed the point he made at all. Besides I've never heard anyone refer to their microwave as technic. Common usage.

Yeah let's not overreact to misuse of the word "technology"?  I edited my post to make it more clear.
I refuse to use the word "technics", but maybe someday I can still become literate like the zombie-guy...

Back on topic - of course I agree that money has increased the velocity of trade over the past 1,000 years or so,
and the increasingly global movement of money will only exaggerate such effects. Bitcoin has the potential to do
exactly this. In theory, accelerating trade should distribute goods and services more efficiently (especially if the
transaction costs are lower), resulting in higher quality of life? 

well brother? what are you willing to do for that higher quality of life? Are you going to let wall streets dirty methods infect bitcoin?

However, if bitcoin moves in the direction Wall Street wants it to (speculative instrument, derivatives, etc.), it won't
create any tangible gain for society.

What if Bitcoin goes far beyond that? What if Bitcoin is an architectural foundation for an evolutionary step in the internet?  What if we have just made a fountain of value in the middle of the digital dessert? Ready to nurture any project that uses it as it's foundation?   No one has ever been paid for doing something like this directly; No one has thought of the bigger picture Smiley The many can become one.

Sure, it's possible. However, I do think people overestimate the ability of money to change the world... it's really about hearts and minds.

Also remember that real wealth can only be extracted from nature by labor. All technology is built on the backs of children mining metals in Africa...

You, as well as millions of others, obviously do not know what technology means.

The term "technology" means a production process. For instance a technology for baking bread. From the way the ingredients are mixed, to the conditions of baking to packaging, etc.

What you mean is technics. You cannot build technology. Fact is that 90% of the people are illiterate and do not realize what they're saying half the time.

Yo are very right, it is the hearts and minds of the people that will perfect Bitcoin, and their is plenty of labour to be extracted from the network, did you know that the world wide market for online transactions is 2.7 trillion? Now imagine Bitcoins technique of distributed p2p labour, the miners labours to safely transfer that money to anywhere in the world... now how do you spread that 2.7 trillion dollars/year? you pay fees, payable to all the miners in the network. Don't you see? the misinformation that is being distributed in the world? Bitcoin is a more frugal choice than all the competition, it is more efficient, more secure, faster(for international transfers)  we gotta get our money! Are people willing to work for 2.7 trillion dollars by believing in the p2p wealth distribution model?

well Teodore you are right, Bitcoin is a Technique for transferring economic value built on Encryption technology
Activity: 159
Merit: 100

Who cares? We all understood what he meant. Words exist to convey meaning in the context they are used. This isn't an academic paper, why be a dick about it?
Changing the word "technology" to "technics" in his post would not have changed the point he made at all. Besides I've never heard anyone refer to their microwave as technic. Common usage.

Yeah let's not overreact to misuse of the word "technology"?  I edited my post to make it more clear.
I refuse to use the word "technics", but maybe someday I can still become literate like the zombie-guy...

Back on topic - of course I agree that money has increased the velocity of trade over the past 1,000 years or so,
and the increasingly global movement of money will only exaggerate such effects. Bitcoin has the potential to do
exactly this. In theory, accelerating trade should distribute goods and services more efficiently (especially if the
transaction costs are lower), resulting in higher quality of life? 

However, if bitcoin moves in the direction Wall Street wants it to (speculative instrument, derivatives, etc.), it won't
create any tangible gain for society.

Join us, comrades!

Joseph Stalin would roll in his grave if he saw Bitcoin,

It is the free market, That asserts the right of the individual to control their own destiny and that of their community(The Economy); to be entitled to the fruits of their labours, to defend their right to live by casting their ballot every time they purchase the goods and services that they want, the way they want it, when they want it.  

Bitcoin is a assertion of these principals in a way that has not been seen, but it does this with this realization.

That it is of greater benefit for the individual to be open and share their knowledge and efforts to the greater community accelerating the pace of innovation, increasing over all efficiency, pooling mental, physical, technical resources together for the good of one and all. The fact that this movement is happening is proof that people understand this... they are getting access to resources they would otherwise not get... it is logical and yet somehow the general market has fought this idea for decades...why?

Bitcoin Asserts the right of individuals to collaborate collectively to incorporate for the collective benefit, there by asserting an individuals right to make a living.

Bitcoin is the Free Market 2.0, the system itself is designed so you cannot use money you do not have, your money cannot be taken from you, the right to spend your money where you want to with no direct restrictions, money is created to offset the money lost only, At it's appex Bitcoin will not have inflation,  300 years of market principles built right into the design so you cannot tamper with what works.

Bitcoin does away with the inflation tax, I'm sure a lot of governments are not happy with this right now, It's affecting their operations.

but there is a lot of missinformation circulating, I just read this article... see if you can spot the missinformation

http://theweek.com/article/index/242753/want-to-make-money-off-bitcoin-mining-hint-dont-mine

The miners are the foundation of the network, this seems to me to be a circumvention to reduce the integrity of the networks over all hashing power there for bringing the system within attackers reach or merely causing large pools to inadvertently reach the 50% threshold.  I believe the miners are what is causing the market to grow, if they set the price for their labours it means the market can even out properly regardless of hardware costs or efficiency, they set the bottom price, without the miners Bitcoin cannot scale, it cannot stabilize.
legendary
Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
Nice call OP !

Cooperation is way better than competition, and Bitcoin promote cooperation like you're saying.. It's doomed to succeed well beyond expectation !

Gratz for this text OP !

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Sometimes - history needs a push.
Join us, comrades!

Also remember that real wealth can only be extracted from nature by labor.

Obviously. And that's why we invented currency to manage the movement of that wealth, so that you don't have to take a backpack full of tin or sweet potatoes down to 7-11 to barter for your slurpee.

Sure, it's possible. However, I do think people overestimate the ability of money to change the world...

....All technology is built on the backs of children mining metals in Africa...

And that right there is the power of money to change the world. Power goes both ways. So the current management scheme isn't working, especially for the kids in Africa, time for a shift methinks.
Activity: 154
Man is King!
What if Bitcoin goes far beyond that? What if Bitcoin is an architectural foundation for an evolutionary step in the internet?  What if we have just made a fountain of value in the middle of the digital dessert? Ready to nurture any project that uses it as it's foundation?   No one has ever been paid for doing something like this directly; No one has thought of the bigger picture Smiley The many can become one.

Sure, it's possible. However, I do think people overestimate the ability of money to change the world... it's really about hearts and minds.

Also remember that real wealth can only be extracted from nature by labor. All technology is built on the backs of children mining metals in Africa...

What if Bitcoin goes far beyond that? What if Bitcoin is an architectural foundation for an evolutionary step in the internet?  What if we have just made a fountain of value in the middle of the digital dessert? Ready to nurture any project that uses it as it's foundation?   No one has ever been paid for doing something like this directly; No one has thought of the bigger picture Smiley The many can become one.

Also remember that real wealth can only be extracted from nature by labor. All technology The computers that make bitcoin possible are built on the backs of children mining metals in Africa...
I agree,

I really like this post, seems the people are fighting back against the missinformation.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/04/mining-bitcoins-takes-power-but-is-it-an-environmental-disaster/

there has been a story going around that Bitcoin mining is the same as gold mining, that it uses resources that are destroyed in its creation, (of course not, the miners secure the system, a necessary expense)
People began dismissing it an bringing up the calculations on how much energy was being used, but this article left out the fact that it is in the miners interest to have the most efficient machines possible.

hmmm, your right, someone should do an article about Bitcoin, a nice thick article that is thorough and split-able into different sections so that media outlets with different known positions can take their spin at it and base it all on fact, pure unadulterated fact straight from us.

Isn't google servers crunching our real time search results a disaster for Mother Nature? Isn't by just looking for stats to prove the bitcoin network bad for the polar bears and write an article about it contributing to the death of 1 and half baby seals?

It could very well be, no one has done a study on the ratio between search results and death by seal, but I am sure that only a small fraction of the seal pup dies per search result Smiley
Activity: 536
Of course Bitcoin Is Going to Succeed.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
I agree,

I really like this post, seems the people are fighting back against the missinformation.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/04/mining-bitcoins-takes-power-but-is-it-an-environmental-disaster/

there has been a story going around that Bitcoin mining is the same as gold mining, that it uses resources that are destroyed in its creation, (of course not, the miners secure the system, a necessary expense)
People began dismissing it an bringing up the calculations on how much energy was being used, but this article left out the fact that it is in the miners interest to have the most efficient machines possible.

hmmm, your right, someone should do an article about Bitcoin, a nice thick article that is thorough and split-able into different sections so that media outlets with different known positions can take their spin at it and base it all on fact, pure unadulterated fact straight from us.

Isn't google servers crunching our real time search results a disaster for Mother Nature? Isn't by just looking for stats to prove the bitcoin network bad for the polar bears and write an article about it contributing to the death of 1 and half baby seals?
Activity: 475
Merit: 255
I like this thread very much :-].
I was referring to an Open Source project in which all contributors had direct financial incentive to see the project succeed. This is the first of its kind. As you also said later in your post. Very cool seeing Bitcoins going to charity work! And just the kind of good press Bitcoin needs to balance out the bad publicity lately.

OP, I agree that the open source model is a strong characteristic of bitcoin which gives it value. However, It's definitely not the first time that a cooperative
model has won over a competitive one - any successful open source project is an example of this (Linux, Firefox, Wordpress, etc.). In all of these
cases, companies sprang forth to support these software projects as soon as it was determined that there was money to be made, and
many contributors ended up having a financial incentive to succeed.

Only the closed-source giants were opposed to these projects, because they cut into their business model. By analogy, only banks and
payment processors are currently opposed to bitcoin. As discussed in other threads, we should probably be "expecting the Spanish Inquisition" from them...

Regarding these Winkeltossers, I don't think these guys are smart enough to do anything besides "buy low, sell high", and "sue somebody".

I agree,

We are trying to get the funding for a massive Press Release distribution, spreading the facts about Bitcoin.

Can be seen here: https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/31

Also we will include that mining is necessary energy expense to maintain the integrity of the Bitcoin network and to make it function at all!

+1

I think this going to be necessary, I've been exploring the legal cases worldwide and Bitcoin has a legal problem... in some countries. how do we address this? we need to spread the truth ASAP!
somehow we must integrate the system to our Banking customers to minimize legal scrutiny.
I was referring to an Open Source project in which all contributors had direct financial incentive to see the project succeed. This is the first of its kind. As you also said later in your post. Very cool seeing Bitcoins going to charity work! And just the kind of good press Bitcoin needs to balance out the bad publicity lately.

OP, I agree that the open source model is a strong characteristic of bitcoin which gives it value. However, It's definitely not the first time that a cooperative
model has won over a competitive one - any successful open source project is an example of this (Linux, Firefox, Wordpress, etc.). In all of these
cases, companies sprang forth to support these software projects as soon as it was determined that there was money to be made, and
many contributors ended up having a financial incentive to succeed.

Only the closed-source giants were opposed to these projects, because they cut into their business model. By analogy, only banks and
payment processors are currently opposed to bitcoin. As discussed in other threads, we should probably be "expecting the Spanish Inquisition" from them...

Regarding these Winkeltossers, I don't think these guys are smart enough to do anything besides "buy low, sell high", and "sue somebody".
Pages:
Jump to: