Pages:
Author

Topic: Why bitcoin will hit 100000$/BTC in 2014. My conspiracy theory - page 4. (Read 10111 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Nice thread, but I think the OP and others are looking at the situation from the wrong end of the microscope.

My conspiracy theory is that perhaps the Fed is behind crypto-currencies.  Think about it.  They've expanded the balance sheet by well over $14 Trillion since the housing collapse and have run out of tools to use.  They have been relying on *poof* money creation to keep the system afloat.  That is unsustainable and there is no "out" to rein in all that liquidity.

Unless one simply created another currency and converted a huge chunk of to that new currency.  Well, lookie thar!  A new currency with a mysterious origin just *poofs* onto the scene right after a new administration takes over and sees that things are a complete and utter non-fixable mess.  So, they maintain the status quo until the new currency gets some good footing, but without outright endorsing it lest it draw attention.  "A love fest" was how the congressional hearings were described, wasn't it?  Not to mention the strategic value a totally new currency might have in curtailing the growing influence of China - our biggest banker.

I could go on for pages, but I'll stop well short.  Just think about it:  The Fed and Treasury actually behind BTC.  Oh, the possibilities boggle the mind!

Also worth considering:  BTC can be denominated down to 8 decimal places.  Isn't a Satoshi = 100 millionth?  So if one were to take our national debt and do the math, then it does seem plausible that a BTC should be at least $100,000 USD.  That would be a more supportable arguement for such an obscene(?) valuation.

Yes, the mind gets boggled with the possibilities...
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
the U.S. already has hundreds of thousands of bitcoins as a reserve currency (seized from DPR by the FBI)

i think we'll eventually see other nations hop on the bandwagon as well, but 100,000 in a year? that's pretty unlikely.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
i wonder how much the confiscated Ross Ulbricht coins will be worth a few years down the road.  I can see the headlines already: "jailed man single handedly paid off USA's debt to china"
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
It won't hit 100k in 2014.

Lower your expectations, you'll be less disappointed when things don't go your way.

Slow, steady rise is the best. I'd love if the price would settle around this level. 600-700.

That's amazing rise from previous ATH and good floor for future rise.

I agree with this, but does anyone see 50k/bitcoin in the next couple years?

Or is it just a few who believe it will go this high and... is there any experienced traders on here who are long bitcoin but
think anything between 10k and 50k is ridiculous?
Tenfold increase every year. 100k by 2016.

That's not absurd, unsustainable or any of the other nonsense. That's fully to be expected given the current very low level of adoption and the ever growing awareness and demand.

Anyone wanna play a round of golf on the moon?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
China is understood !!!

U.S give most BTC to China and takes most real money of the Chinese people. Give nothing for real money !!!
It is tactical general impoverishment of China.

Check this, 99% transaction U.S and China !!! Chinese real money (yuan) go to U.S wallets.
http://fiatleak.com/
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
It won't hit 100k in 2014.

Lower your expectations, you'll be less disappointed when things don't go your way.

Slow, steady rise is the best. I'd love if the price would settle around this level. 600-700.

That's amazing rise from previous ATH and good floor for future rise.

I agree with this, but does anyone see 50k/bitcoin in the next couple years?

Or is it just a few who believe it will go this high and... is there any experienced traders on here who are long bitcoin but
think anything between 10k and 50k is ridiculous?
Activity: 509
Merit: 564
"In Us We Trust"
Stop posting nonsense, your topic should be removed, not even realistic. Should be under category of "fantasy", not "speculation".

I'm thinking you probably chose the wrong username...
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Stop posting nonsense, your topic should be removed, not even realistic. Should be under category of "fantasy", not "speculation".
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
OP, you long pressed your "0" too much and have 2 0s more.
Activity: 182
Fourth richest fictional character
Strategically, it makes sense for the Chinese to quietly push for a stateless decentralised currency of any type. They can avoid getting any scapegoating when the US dollar nightmare unwinds.

Exactly. Gentleman, I think BTC is the de-facto new world currency.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
Strategically, it makes sense for the Chinese to quietly push for a stateless decentralised currency of any type. They can avoid getting any scapegoating when the US dollar nightmare unwinds.
Activity: 308
I like your theory!

But realistically, it's just wealthy Chinese investing. I invested some for some Chinese businessmen back in the 50s after the April crash. Then Baidu announced accepting BTC, getting the ball rolling -plus free trading at BTCChina, people put money in to trade, pushing up the price, causing a mania - Asians love this type of stuff.

Activity: 136
Why the long face?
If I have learned anything this year, it is that I am unable to overestimate what bitcoin can do.

You might have managed, though.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
maybe China will use their trillions of USD toilet paper reserves to buy bitcoins Smiley

Over the next 30 years or so.  Most of China's USD holdings are in US treasury bonds not "cash".

Maybe this is their exit strategy Wink
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
China will never supply cryptocurrencies. It is centralized country.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1129
I got in early enough for two orders of magnitude, and they've come far faster than I ever expected.  Another two seems -- possible, but I doubt they will be nearly as fast.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
maybe China will use their trillions of USD toilet paper reserves to buy bitcoins Smiley

Over the next 30 years or so.  Most of China's USD holdings are in US treasury bonds not "cash".
Activity: 448
There's a chance it'll hit $10k per BTC, albiet fairly small.

I doubt 100k, though.
donator
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Who knows, may be they are doing it right now.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
Pages:
Jump to: