Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Bitfinex is that much more than other sites? - page 3. (Read 2257 times)

copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
Probably because their fiat accounts has been blocked and you can't withdrawal any fiat from there? but has anyone tried to deposit bitcoin and buy any of the alts they're trading? I agree it doesn't make any economic sense to offer $50 above the market price, maybe they are trying to pack their bags and run away?
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
Because wire deposits are paused (https://www.bitfinex.com/posts/200).

Since people can neither deposit nor withdraw fiat, they:

- Buy BTC so that they can get their funds out, so the price goes up.
- Can't do arbitrage, because if they buy Bitcoin cheaper elsewhere to sell it at a higher price on Bitfinex their fiat will be stuck there.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
Has anyone tried doing arbitrage? should be easy to make free money by moving BTC there and selling then rebuying back on the cheaper exchange ad infinitum? whats the problem?

That is the concern. Why all of a sudden their rates become like that and really appealing for others to do an arbitrage trading.

And to think that they have a recent problem, it's really doubtful to continue using their services. Well honestly I stopped trading there after their recent issues last year where all my balances turned into their own token. Bitfinex is my first exchanged that I used in trading but today I preferred other platforms after they totally ruined my trust to them.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1004
Has anyone tried doing arbitrage? should be easy to make free money by moving BTC there and selling then rebuying back on the cheaper exchange ad infinitum? whats the problem?
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
less btc sellers on finex, probably because they fear something bad is already going on there. what's rather puzzling is why someone would buy btc at that premium at all. maybe some have no choice?
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Why Bitfinex is at 1263 and Bitstampt at 1210?
Pages:
Jump to: