Pages:
Author

Topic: why BTC price could still hold after the Segwit2x cancellation? - page 2. (Read 930 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 13
It is exactly same as what happend after Bitcoin Cash fork. After people got their free Bitcoin Cash. I personally expected the bitcoin price to fall. It didn'g happend and the situation seems to be the same although there was no free coins this time.
Activity: 728
Merit: 537
I don't think the price increase in the past few days had anything to do with the fork that was going to happen with the Segwit2x plan.
Well at least this is my own opinion. And I base it on the amount of attention that was given into it before it happened.

It was already less than a week left until the fork was supposed to happen but you couldn't find really enough people who were asking about it. I'm comparing it to the previous BTG fork (which we still have no idea if it's ever gonna go live but it doesn't matter since it's a big joke/scam anyway).

There was actually a lot of people who were planning to sell just before the segwit fork happens as they were afraid that the price drops by a lot. Since it got cancelled and the price is already going pretty solid, there's nothing that makes them sell.

In fact, people the altcoin market is starting to get back into the game as well which I actually have no reason for and can't justify. How is it that there are no major sales of btc BUT growth in altcoins ? New entrance ? I have no idea.

Activity: 145
Merit: 101
I read a lot of fear around the new forking, and BTC RIP logos all over the internet.

Now the fear is gone and I think I am happy for this result as most of us here.

Only those bet big on bt2 will not be happy.

However, I wonder how long the altercoin booming could last.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Yes, Segwit2x was canceled. Still, the price of BTC holds up and the alts bumped and now down again.
Do you think BTC price will keep going up still?

I've read an article days ago that some miners are withdrawing their support for the SegWit2x hardfork. This may be the reason for that. SegWit2x hardfork lacks support and consensus. How can it proceed when they lack support, right? So they cancelled it since it will be a chaos if they continue.

The price is exceptionally surprising, though. When Bitcoin declined earlier, around $500, I thought it will continue lower than 7,000 but it held up. It seems people are happy holding at the moment.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
It's always problematic to speculate what will happen in the short term, like in the next few days or even few weeks.  But one thing we do have to go on is past performance, and that certainly indicates that despite the regular challenges and hand-wringing over various scenarios, the trend is solidly up over a longer term.
Activity: 650
Merit: 500
The whole market reacted strange today, it went up by a lot of money, but it is now going down, it is very strange because we dont even know what is going to happen by tomorrow, but nobody can predict what is really going to happen soon.
But all those who invested on bitcoins or in altcoins before the fork, they are still holding those funds, and this is why the price is still at that price, because it is impossible to see it droping if the holders doesnt dump their coins,  it is simple as that.
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
Yes, Segwit2x was canceled. Still, the price of BTC holds up and the alts bumped and now down again.

The first wave affected both bitcoin and other coins positively. Yet, we don't know what's gonna happen tomorrow. The market is in an uncertainity. We should be ready for the fluctuations which will happen within this week, until the end of the weekend. It's 12 November.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: