Pages:
Author

Topic: Why can't the Bitcoin development be more like Linux? - page 2. (Read 1782 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
there is a team of bitcoin-core people.

I should have made my post more accurate. What I meant is Bitcoin-core development should be more like Linux kernel development.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
how many people work on say the tcip protocol?
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
there is a team of bitcoin-core people. a team of multibit people. a team of coinbase people a team of bitpay people. a team of bitcointalk people. a team of... you get my point, many teams

they all have their own little projects. linux however is not just a program, its a operating system where print driver group NEEDS to work with image editor and word document groups to ensure what word and image editors show on screen will be what comes out on a printer.

i can waffle on about other collaborations, but basically everyone needs to work together to some extent on a OS.

with bitcoin though it is decentralized, web designers do not have to collaborate with bitcoin-core developers as much as you think, maybe a couple hours a month if there is an update that has changed things..

bitpay web developers do not have to collaborate with coinbase developers at all.. apart from social events..

so bitcoin is more spread out in smaller groups each doing their own separate projects.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Why can't the Bitcoin development be more like Linux?

Linux has a huge development team. So many people take part in updating it. If you run Linux on your computer, you will know there are always updates. All these updates are created by the open source community. So why can't Bitcoin development be more like Linux?

What are we missing? Or maybe the development team will grow as big as the team of Linux?

What do you think?
Pages:
Jump to: