Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Celsius is better than Salt? - page 39. (Read 108247 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
August 04, 2017, 08:07:43 PM

I just received an email from them:

Dear SALT Community,

Community Membership Sale
On Wednesday, August 9th we will be announcing the date, time, and details of SALT’s Community Membership Sale, which will include the following allocations of discounted memberships:

2 million Memberships at $3.00 each (70% discount)

1.5 million Memberships at  $5.00 each (50% discount)

1 million Memberships at $7.50 each (25% discount)

Please note that Memberships will be sold on a first come, first served basis. The order will be determined by when each purchase has the requisite number of confirmations on the corresponding blockchain (2 confirmations for BTC, 12 confirmations for ETH). For example, if you purchase $1,000 worth of memberships when there are 50 left in the $3.00 allocation, you will receive 50 memberships at $3.00 ($150.00 total) and 170 memberships at $5.00 ($850.00 total).

Things are moving, have to look when it's gone open  Smiley

Activity: 739
Merit: 500
August 02, 2017, 07:01:50 PM
It doesn't look like Salt is bothering to campaign on bitcointalk (although I seen an account being set up by them some time ago), but their Slack and Telegram channels are active, and they already did several AMAs, more info should come out any day now, along with the reopening of sales.
Activity: 1
July 30, 2017, 08:05:38 PM
Hello,

I'm very interested by this project and I would like to know if the presale is over or if it's still going on? They are not letting a lot of information on it on their site sadly.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 30, 2017, 01:58:44 PM

Salt Lending website: www.saltlending.com.

The SALT platform is meant to facilitate getting a loan, where the company holds your cryptocoins as collateral while you don't pay back the loan.

Hard Cap: The proceeds from SALT’s Discounted Membership Sale (presale + public) will be soft capped at $35m and hard capped at $48.5m.

The plaform uses the SALT token as payment for membership, currently the token has not been yet release.

Pricing Structure: After the current tier of $1.50 (85% discount) - SOLD OUT - SALT Membership presale is now closed.

SALT will move to the following price discounts:

• 2m units sold at $3.00 (70% discount)
  • 1.5m units sold at $5.00 (50% discount)
  • 1m units sold at $7.50 (25% discount)

After which the discount will end and SALT will begin selling Memberships for no less than $10.
Approximately 38% of the Memberships have been set aside for later sale.

Supply: A total fixed supply of 120m SALT will exist, with a fractional supply in circulation representing only those SALT which
are not actively held as loan collateral or redeemed and now held for sale on the platform.

I recommend you check out the terms.

PS: Let's wait for the white paper in order to understand how SALT really will work.

More details soon, so stay tuned for updates!

You have bounty program (twitter and fb)?

why is it all icos lanch without a platform so you have an idea and nothing else
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
The Operating System for DAOs
July 30, 2017, 01:53:21 PM

Salt Lending website: www.saltlending.com.

The SALT platform is meant to facilitate getting a loan, where the company holds your cryptocoins as collateral while you don't pay back the loan.

Hard Cap: The proceeds from SALT’s Discounted Membership Sale (presale + public) will be soft capped at $35m and hard capped at $48.5m.

The plaform uses the SALT token as payment for membership, currently the token has not been yet release.

Pricing Structure: After the current tier of $1.50 (85% discount) - SOLD OUT - SALT Membership presale is now closed.

SALT will move to the following price discounts:

• 2m units sold at $3.00 (70% discount)
  • 1.5m units sold at $5.00 (50% discount)
  • 1m units sold at $7.50 (25% discount)

After which the discount will end and SALT will begin selling Memberships for no less than $10.
Approximately 38% of the Memberships have been set aside for later sale.

Supply: A total fixed supply of 120m SALT will exist, with a fractional supply in circulation representing only those SALT which
are not actively held as loan collateral or redeemed and now held for sale on the platform.

I recommend you check out the terms.

PS: Let's wait for the white paper in order to understand how SALT really will work.

More details soon, so stay tuned for updates!

You have bounty program (twitter and fb)?
Activity: 420
July 30, 2017, 12:46:40 PM

This seems like serious business.
Activity: 266
Merit: 251
DIW - Security Decentralized,Life Revolutionized
July 30, 2017, 12:38:58 PM
Something sweet wanted. And then overdo it somehow too much. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
July 30, 2017, 12:28:22 PM
Feels lucky to get my hands on $1.50 (85% discount)

now waiting for ICO to finish... it will take time. but will get sweet result
Activity: 728
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
July 30, 2017, 12:27:09 PM
i m willing to get the signature if there will be some
Activity: 784
July 30, 2017, 12:23:25 PM
sig bounty available? When will phase 2 open?
Activity: 130
July 28, 2017, 07:10:06 PM
This token and project fulfills a much needed space in the crypto market. As crypto grows, folks will need the ability to use that crypto as collateral. Being first to the plate with the connections to borrowers to make this project work is huge. SALT is a straight-up bargain at ICO price.
Activity: 61
July 28, 2017, 04:11:55 PM
I joined this sale and trust this project because :

- The market is so huge !!!
- The Business plan and the roadmap are clear
- The team seems solid ( Erik Voorhees founder of well-known ShapeShift )
- It will become the Uber/AirB&B of loans ...

The only negative thing is the weak marketing campaign ATM .....

I don't even remember how I arrived on https://saltlending.com/ as most of Crypto's and ICO's websites don't mention .... Grin

Besides the phase 1 of the sale is closed and the phase 2 is not open, even you can register an account for the sale ....
Activity: 3038
Merit: 617
July 28, 2017, 10:09:16 AM
Token price starts at 3$! If the platform is going be work, is anyone allowed to loan to it?
The project seem to be fair, if i have at least a ton of token and want to hold, I would rather be taking a loan than selling it.
Activity: 574
Merit: 115
July 28, 2017, 10:00:58 AM
I will follow this project with great interest, but I hope it doesn't open cryptocurrency's own Pandora's Credit Box aka Lehman's Brothers.
Activity: 34
July 28, 2017, 09:50:23 AM
This is the best project ive seen in months. Thanks!
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
July 28, 2017, 06:41:31 AM
reserve chinese translations, if needed, for me.
Activity: 128
July 28, 2017, 06:40:14 AM
All information will be disclosed in some days as soon as Salt releases the whitepaper.

"...Loans are not made by SALT Lending. SALT Lending is a Platform. All loans are subject to review and approval. For example, a one year $10,000 loan with a rate of 10.00% APR would have 12 scheduled monthly payments of $880. Annual percentage rates (APRs) through SALT vary. Eligibility is not guaranteed, and requires that a sufficient pool of liquidity is available to fulfill your request and that you meet other conditions. Individual US citizen borrowers must be a permanent resident and at least 18 years old. Valid bank account and social security number/FEIN are required. Refer to The Membership Agreement and The Subscriber Agreement for details and all terms and conditions. Borrowing against collateral entails risk and may not be appropriate for your needs. Salt Lending does not provide legal or tax advice. Please consult your advisor.

SALT Lending’s notes are issued pursuant to a Prospectus. You should review the risks and uncertainties described in the Prospectus related to your possible investment in the notes. Not FDIC-insured; investments may lose value; no SALT or bank guarantee."

source: https://www.saltlending.com/terms
Activity: 42
July 28, 2017, 06:14:57 AM
I will follow this one.

Seems to have great potential !

Is it available for non-US citizen ?
Activity: 128
July 28, 2017, 05:58:26 AM

Celsius is an upcoming project that offers blockchain lending. That is the possibility of taking loans through the blockchain (a decentralized public ledger which records every transaction) and the smart, self-executing contracts allowed by the Ethereum platform.Another similar project is the SALT lending service, which also looks to decentralize the process of lending money away from today’s dominance of established banks.
Nevertheless, what’s essential to the consumer is: Which option is the best?
And for this, we shall compare both competitors over several points:

Decentralization.
One of the reasons we are praising blockchain credit is that it allows for more lenders to enter the market without the issue of being consistently and permanently obscured by financial institutions.
Celsius does a great job doing this since it gives lenders the opportunity of entering an environment free of over-identification which allows for users to choose lenders based only on their reputation as a lender in the platform.
SALT, however, looks to bridge the gap between financial institutions and blockchain services, thus allowing for already-established banks to enter the market and potentially obscuring emerging users just like they do today.

User-friendly.
While Celsius operates a wide selection of consumer credit services, these options (and their long-term goals) might confuse new users not used to the world of smart contracts.
On the other hand, SALT offers a user-intuitive interface which shows lending options and clients can just choose the one that fits their needs the most.

Security.
While SALT does an excellent job at managing security, their whitepaper does not go too deep describing this, leaving many questions unanswered.
Celsius, on the other hand, offers a decentralized lending that rates customers by how effective they are, based on a rating system which classifies them per credit or paying responsibility and can even expel them from the app or allow users to vote for it.

Long-Term Goals.
Overall, we have to give Celsius the upper hand since they are looking to create a self-governing environment which empowers users to regulate their market and offering the reputation meter mentioned above which filters risky users with a higher default probability.
And from here, they’re looking to empower blockchain platforms by making them more trustworthy and less risky.
SALT, on the other hand, seems to only focus on blockchain lending without no different goals other than helping its customers’ acquisition power.

EARN INTEREST ON YOUR CRYPTO HOLDINGS

Crypto Cashback? Yes, Please.

Your Celsius Wallet will enable you to earn interest on your crypto holdings. When you deposit your coins you’ll join our decentralized crowdsourced lending pool and earn daily interest. We’re building a lending platform for the crypto community to reap the benefits of the futures market and margin lending without the profits going to traditional financial institutions. You can also get a cash loan against your coins so you do not need to sell them.

"The Coin Challenge: name your favorite coins"

"Crypto for the people."

FAQ:

If I’m from the U.S., can I participate in the crowdsale?
U.S. citizens/residents cannot participate in the crowdsale. Non-U.S. citizens do not have to be accredited to participate in the crowdsale.

If I want to contribute to the crowdsale, what is the minimum?
$500 or BTC/ETH equivalent.

How can I pay in US dollars?
We will provide you with wire information for our bank account.

What is the ETH or BTC price of 1 Celsius Token (CEL)?
For the crowdsale, the price of one CEL will be issued at USD $0.30 each. It is not tied directly to ETH or BTC. The conversion is based on the USD price provided to us by Gemini at the time when we receive the contribution. We can provide you with the email confirmation from Gemini if necessary.

When does crowdsale end?
The crowdsale will end on March 22th or when we hit our hard cap of $50m.

How many tokens will there be?
650,000,000 tokens in total, with 325,000,000 for sale. Unsold tokens from the token sale will be burnt.

What documents do I need in order to pass KYC?
We’ll need a copy of your passport or ID as well as a selfie.

How long does it take to get KYC verified?
It usually takes less than 48 hours to get KYC verified. However, you can still contribute and purchase your tokens in the meantime.

When will I get my CEL tokens?
Two weeks after the crowdsale closes, we will start sending out CEL tokens.

SEE ALSO:

Whitepaper: https://celsius.network/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/celsius_whitepaper-march14-2.pdf
Blog: https://celsius.network/blog/
Media: https://celsius.network/media
FAQ: https://celsius.network/frequently-asked-questions
Videos: https://celsius.network/media/videos
Press: https://celsius.network/media/press
Telegram: https://t.me/celsiusnetwork

Pages:
Jump to: