Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Cryptocurrency threatens governments - page 21. (Read 19868 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
September 23, 2018, 11:51:20 PM
I guess you can read it in this forum that some people made a nice point. Basically, people invest on crypto currency from a national currency then once the user exchanges it back to fiat in a much higher value, the government doesn't get any tax from it but losses a great deal of fiat in the process accross alot of users.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
September 23, 2018, 12:49:18 PM
Over the years cryptocurrency  has evolved into a global currency but governments are trying to sweep it's relevancy under the carpet. We all know that the eyes of the community are now opened to the importance and blockchain technology.

What baffles me is why are the government making lives difficult by banning or limiting it's use? Is it because it threatens the political power or are they scared it will improve the global economy or force the traditional banks to reduce their ridiculous interests rate which we have been robbed of for decades now.

What is your take on this and what do you think will make governmental bodies to finally accept crypto?
I think it is because of the fact that the tax on the government might be gone because of the cryptocurrency if it will become implemented as the main currency.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 23, 2018, 12:48:57 PM
Over the years cryptocurrency  has evolved into a global currency but governments are trying to sweep it's relevancy under the carpet. We all know that the eyes of the community are now opened to the importance and blockchain technology.

What baffles me is why are the government making lives difficult by banning or limiting it's use? Is it because it threatens the political power or are they scared it will improve the global economy or force the traditional banks to reduce their ridiculous interests rate which we have been robbed of for decades now.

What is your take on this and what do you think will make governmental bodies to finally accept crypto?
some of the income that can be obtained include some of the income budget of a country and one of them is taxation, but it is very regrettable that the taxation system that should be included for budgets that are on the growth of the economy of the community, but most are misused by some government officials who wants to take advantage. and if the crypto system is implemented for the financial system in government, it might be that there will be no opportunity for the government to take advantage of the benefits that will be obtained, maybe that is one reason why the government thinks crypto will be a threat.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
September 23, 2018, 12:41:55 PM

What baffles me is why are the government making lives difficult by banning or limiting it's use?

That's a deep question. There is an aspect of cryptocurrency that seems to weaken the power of the government to issue tender facilities or fiat currencies. On the other hand, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency are implicated as a means of illegal trade etc. Even though that may be true, money always has the same goal and this is no different.

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency aim to reconstruct the financial system by including transparency and eliminating the possibility of fraud.

The way I see it (in my personal opinion) transparency, security, and a financial system without trust are things that should be accepted and understood by the government for the good of humanity. This democratization of money may be the biggest revolution for our generation.
Activity: 397
September 23, 2018, 12:28:55 PM
According to me government thinks that cryptocurrency will disturb the economy of their country that why they are afraid of cryptocurrency.They think that cryptocurrency will affect the economy upto that extent that ones it get disturbed it can never be recovered easily.Moreover  their is no central management to control the cryprocurrency when threatens the government more.
Activity: 644
COVIR.IO
September 22, 2018, 10:19:36 PM
Cryptocurrency like bitcoin threatens by government because its decentralized and can not controlled by any authorities. Government must be want to control the transaction data and it can not be done with bitcoin, thats why many government hate crypto like bitcoin because government can not track the transaction
Activity: 644
September 22, 2018, 05:00:10 PM

Well, I think the Government is not threaten but they analyze it carefully. Its hard to make a decide without a basis, Governments need to have a research first about it especially cryptocurrency is not centralized they can not control it. Before making decisions there is a lot of process possible it will going through, many people will discuss about it before they decide what to do.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
September 22, 2018, 04:48:45 PM
Governments want to be able to control the flow of money. Thats how they rule and regulate. They want centalised control systems. Thats why they hate decentraized crypto assets.
True, governments love the banking system because they only need to deal with a few banks and they can control almost all the population because the banks have most of the money of the people, and in case something goes wrong with the economy they can even confiscate all the money by just making a few clicks in a computer screen, but with bitcoin its impossible to do this and that is why they do not like it.
Activity: 882
Merit: 297
September 22, 2018, 01:29:19 PM

This is more like a battle between a centralized sector and a decentralized sector and definitely for the fact that centralization has always been the usual right from the onset, there is no doubt that the government will always want to fight back at anything that threatens their territory.

They already believe if the control should drop out from them, it would be a hard thing to ever take back in the long run and all the monopolies, the bullshit policies to favor them, will never be a thing anymore.

What you are telling the mindset of Government but they dont know that if they allow cryptocurrency then lot of economy solutions can be found and it will be more profit for the peoples of their country.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
September 22, 2018, 01:01:18 PM
Many states have already legalized the crypto currency, but made it property, not a means of payment. But this did not affect the work of bitcoin. Difficulties in working with crypto-currencies arise only in those countries that have banned the use of crypto currency.
Yeah, a lot of states have legalized it for now and some are simply just quiet about it and I believe their idea of legalization would bring about some form of regulations and then when it comes to making transactions with the use of fiat, there would always be a need for fiat, and that certainly should make it not a threat to the government.

Even when we start hitting the point of real life usage, some of these tools will have a way of sticking with regulatory policies and comply and in that case, being a threat to the government will really not be a problem. If it is a huge threat to the government, we all know the government will frustrate and jeopardize everything.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 278
September 22, 2018, 06:02:55 AM

This is more like a battle between a centralized sector and a decentralized sector and definitely for the fact that centralization has always been the usual right from the onset, there is no doubt that the government will always want to fight back at anything that threatens their territory.

They already believe if the control should drop out from them, it would be a hard thing to ever take back in the long run and all the monopolies, the bullshit policies to favor them, will never be a thing anymore.
Activity: 693
September 22, 2018, 06:00:43 AM
Cryptocurrency threatens governments, since those economic pillars that governors have been arranging for decades and did not suit the people will break down.
As for me the only thing that makes crypto a threat to government is becauae there are more people keep on coming to work in crypto and left their corporate job and with that government can't take any taxes from people's crypto earnings.
Activity: 434
September 22, 2018, 06:00:00 AM

I think the governments know that the bitcoin is very powerful. They know that the bitcoin can control them. I think that is the reason why some government did not support or allow the bitcoin in their country.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 505
September 22, 2018, 05:46:25 AM

Really, Which community are you talking about? There isn’t much of us that are making use of Bitcoin and every single I’ve discussed Bitcoin with always kicked against it. And by the way, do you ever think of the disadvantages that might take place if Bitcoin takes over our banking system.

Making every digital means putting hacker and web criminals in charge. We haven’t even started and they are already hacking wallets and exchangers websites. I prefer what we are using now.
Activity: 308
Merit: 3
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
September 22, 2018, 05:20:59 AM
Because there are quite a lot of money launderers and terrorists funding their governments can not control, so some countries are scared of electronic money. They claim that they are always high risk.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
September 22, 2018, 03:56:45 AM
Cryptocurrency threatens governments, since those economic pillars that governors have been arranging for decades and did not suit the people will break down.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 448
September 22, 2018, 03:53:58 AM

Cryptocurrency is threat to the government because there are a lot of people today who prefer bitcoins rather than placing their money on the banks, that is the reason why it can change the flow of the economy of a country.
the main reason in this case is, because bitcoin, or cryptocurrency seems to threaten a system in some countries, whether it's in terms of transactions, money laundering, or anything else. but I think it can still be avoided by accepting it. sometimes the government only sees the risks, but not the benefits.
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
September 22, 2018, 03:40:24 AM
The government is trying to make everything under its control, the banks control all the money, and the government controls that banks.
Blocking or restricting is a feature of anything new, new things need time to accept.
The Internet has been a tool for freedom before, but now there are a lot of restrictions on its use, and this will happen to cryptocurrencies.
I do not know why people tend to be controlled? But this is a present trait.
The government has always been in control right from the onset, and something threatening to take that control away from them is absolutely expected to generate concerns for the government.

Policies are formulated daily at the expense of the citizens, monopolies have always been a norm, and all these is a way of them trying to make just themselves and some few sections rich so they can always gain control of how they want things to be, and that is where the whole idea of decentralization is hitting them as that control could be taken away from them.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
September 22, 2018, 01:54:23 AM
I think because the nature of the crypto currency is still anonymous and the government cannot regulate the circulation of this crypto currency, so it might threaten from their country's currency, they are worried if the use of crypto currency is higher than their local currency
Well in my opinion, and from the articles i read on web, the only primary reason why majority of the countries do not accept cryptocurrency is that they have policies which are being formulated keeping fiat in mind like the fiscal and monetary policies which only works when the economy is free of any exogenous factor that affects the market.

Having the cryptocurrency firstly reduce the demand for the fiat and secondly it reduce the circle of the policies to control inflation and unemployment and the development countries have already a very huge scale of problems so they do not look like they give much heed to it.
Activity: 378
When Football meets Crypto
September 22, 2018, 01:47:43 AM

Cryptocurrency is threat to the government because there are a lot of people today who prefer bitcoins rather than placing their money on the banks, that is the reason why it can change the flow of the economy of a country.
Pages:
Jump to: