Pages:
Author

Topic: Why did Litecoin rise so fast? - page 3. (Read 1830 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 22
December 13, 2017, 01:28:13 PM
easy transaction, easy mining  Cool
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 13, 2017, 01:25:37 PM
Litecoin was the first to alter Bitcoin and the most significant difference is that it takes 2.5 minutes for Litecoin to generate a block, or transaction, in comparison to Bitcoin’s 10 minutes.‘While this matters little to traders, miners who use hardware to run Bitcoin’s network cannot switch over to Litecoin. This keeps bigger mining conglomerates away from Litecoin because they cannot easily optimize their profits by swapping to another coin, contributing to a more decentralized experience. Litecoin also has bigger blocks, and more coins in circulation, making it more affordable and swift when transacting,’ Investopedia explained.

A
s explained above, Litecoin can transact a lot faster than Bitcoin, but there are also a number of other characteristics that investors need to know before trading. According to Coindesk, Litecoin can handle higher volumes of transactions because of the capability of transacting faster and if Bitcoin attempted to transact on the scale of its altcoin, a code update would be needed.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
December 13, 2017, 12:48:25 PM
its now 300 usd litecoin how fast increase is that, damn I should buy that litecoin when the price is 100 usd and now its x2 increase you can earn x2 profit with that.
Imagine the amount of profit when you bought a decent amount of Litecoin when they were still around 4 dollars, not that long ago. That would be amazing.
Activity: 826
Merit: 518
December 13, 2017, 08:30:40 AM
It maybe happened due to the bitcoin and ethereum transaction issue in recent days the fee is getting higher and the transactions were in pending status for days so people may turned to some coin with fast transaction and cheap fee.Recently coinbase also shut down their site because many new users so this also maybe a reason many new crypto users in recent days.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
December 13, 2017, 08:30:39 AM
its now 300 usd litecoin how fast increase is that, damn I should buy that litecoin when the price is 100 usd and now its x2 increase you can earn x2 profit with that.
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
DIW - Decentralized Security
December 13, 2017, 08:17:33 AM
Low fees and Fast transactions but the fact that BTC and ETH had there own issues probably also boosted LTC to where it is right now, which is quite interesting because it has does have the potential to rise.
Activity: 89
December 13, 2017, 08:06:15 AM
it caused by bitcoin price that so high, and the price of LTC itself is really lower than bitcoin, both are the couple of cryptocurrency since few years ago before ethereum get involve in cryptocurrency, it will be balanced between them if the litecoin price get higher, but there also many investors are attracted to involve theirselves in litecoin for now.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
December 13, 2017, 07:57:42 AM
It might have something to do with ETH congested network and BTC being costly. Most newbies don't realize they can divide btc in small parts so they are buying ltc instead. Price correction is also due for ltc so I think it's just getting to where it should be.
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
December 13, 2017, 07:52:17 AM
there is no good news about ltc, i also wonder why such a coin with no real value pump so much, i think it must be manipulated by some strong holders
Activity: 364
December 13, 2017, 07:52:07 AM
With bitcoin and crypto making the 9 O Clock news and bitcoin making the front page of newspapers in various countreis, people are fomo making accounts at coinbase. And guess what all coins they see when they reach there other than btc. This is the reason of rising value of etherium and litecoin.
Activity: 284
December 13, 2017, 07:49:52 AM
coinbase and the high fees with BTC and slow network times with ETH makes litecoin easy to move money
Activity: 238
December 13, 2017, 07:46:27 AM
I was also surprised by the question, and I didn't think LTC could go up so much, which is clearly beyond the expectations of many people. But I don't know what the reason for the rise is?
Activity: 154
Merit: 121
December 13, 2017, 07:44:15 AM
I think litecoin price increase so fast nowadays, because of people changing their minds to place their investments to Litecoin. As they discovered its features, which they take as an advantages of Litecoins from other altcoins. Ithink one thing is the coin limits of Litecoins compared to Bitcoins and also the higher prices of Bitcoins and Ethereum in the coin market cap.
Activity: 602
Merit: 111
December 13, 2017, 07:01:16 AM
In the past few days, litecoin started growing really fast and it's now almost hitting 350$ on coinmarketcap. But what is the reason for it to grow this fast? Did they announce something big which I missed?

I think it happened due to the pending transactions in bitcoin and ethereum block chain so people try to choose some other altcoin with cheaper anf faster transaction so litecoin is an option for them but I didn't expect this much of price growth but it is a sign that altcoin also has great future so people who can't afford to buy bitcoin then they can invest on litecoin.
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
December 13, 2017, 06:53:30 AM
Now it is the right time to shine for Litecoin for it was over shadowed and under rated alt coins for how many year, it was overtook by other crypto like bitcoin cash and other new comer altcoins like IOTA and CARDANO, but Litecoin was just sitting there silently take-off to launch and soar its price higher going to the moon. The most significant development of Litecoin this year is the Atomic Swap, where you can swap directly with other coins with no exchange platform intervention at a lightning speed.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
December 13, 2017, 06:45:37 AM
Coinbase accepted litcoin on it's platform. Many people also are you litecoin as alternative to bitcoin in transacting  and transaction. I do not see any development going on in litecoin but it could be best use for transaction if bitcoin become impossible to use!
REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY
December 13, 2017, 06:44:26 AM
The reason is that it's the cheapest on Coinebase. Just wait til they list a cheaper coin this coin will also increase.
Coinbase is one of the largest cyrptocurrency exchange in the market and it mainly brings Bitcoin, Ethereum and LiteCoin as it's main top coin exchange so this is the effect that people would choose the cheaper coins that has the capability of increasing after few months.
Kodus to the team
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
December 13, 2017, 06:43:34 AM
Here is my take on the Litecoin rise - its not rocket science - I think its multiple things aside from whats just been discussed it' s also

1. global news about bitcoin bringing new investors in looking for a cheaper (faster, higher tech etc) alternative to invest in

2. the american futures market opening up bitcoin options trading means a truckload of investors including savvy institutional investors and those who hold the reins of big investor blocks are suddenly seeing this new associated credibility for an industry that has growth beyond any other sector right now - doing the asseement & reading al lthe articles saying Litecoin is the one that has the most undervalued price.

3. more general crypto traders than ever seeing the rise & jumping aboard.

4. if its been listed on more exchanges that will also be a factor - opening up new markets

Either way its win win for LITECOIN Hodlers

The main reason due to which all coins has started rising because if the future started trading on the exchange. And that too it started with 18k so it means that price is expected to rise further from here. Thus in anticipation all the altcoins have started rising and those which are old and existed from a long time have started rising now. And with btc the transaction fees are high and also the confirmation take time which is an advantage to altcoins coins as they can easily be transferred quickly and at low cost.
December 13, 2017, 06:42:35 AM
Altcoins are now pumping together with Bitcoin and one of the reason behind it is Bitcoin is very expensive today so people wanted to invest into Crypto-Currencies in order to experience what Bitcoin does long time ago so Atlcoins is currently on their way to price up their coins like LiteCoin.
Litecoin has a good future like Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum so this 4th quarter is the best quarter for LiteCoin and all also most promising Top Altcoins.
December 13, 2017, 06:41:53 AM
Altcoins are now pumping together with Bitcoin and one of the reason behind it is Bitcoin is very expensive today so people wanted to invest into Crypto-Currencies in order to experience what Bitcoin does long time ago so Atlcoins is currently on their way to price up their coins like LiteCoin.
Litecoin has a good future like Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum so this 4th quarter is the best quarter for LiteCoin and all also most promising Top Altcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: