Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Didi sold everything for Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 320 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257
October 15, 2019, 11:47:55 PM
This guy is a bitcoin fanatic and is super bullish or maybe he wanted to be a billionaire and so he sold everything he have for bitcoin. He gambled with his future and spend everything on bitcoin. If bitcoin will increase in value by the coming years then he will be very rich but if its the other way around then he will be forever poor and will become homeless.
This is the type of guy who are not afraid to face the risk, he trusted bitcoin so much, he can risk all his assets to bet on bitcoin.
Few years from now this guy will be a millionaire, he did not made a mistake for this, investing in bitcoin is the best decision to be made at this moment.
Activity: 644
Merit: 264
Aurox
October 15, 2019, 11:25:24 PM
This guy is a bitcoin fanatic and is super bullish or maybe he wanted to be a billionaire and so he sold everything he have for bitcoin. He gambled with his future and spend everything on bitcoin. If bitcoin will increase in value by the coming years then he will be very rich but if its the other way around then he will be forever poor and will become homeless.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
October 15, 2019, 10:48:31 PM
While I might be almost as long-term bullish as this guy, selling almost everything for bitcoin, and to live off solely bitcoin, is a hugely ballsy(though not necessarily smart) move. If bitcoin crashes in price(yes, crash, I'm talking 70-90%) probably due to a black swan event, the family could be screwed in the long-term. It's a smarter move to leave a good percentage of their wealth on other assets(index funds, etc). But I guess because he's a "blockchain speaker", he might still be earning good money. Though I'll be completely honest I didn't watch everything as I've immediately lost interest lol

The man has an amazing story and in today's world if you have one you can capitalize on that and make some money along the way. We have to admit that Didi made a big gamble with Bitcoin because of instead of putting his eggs in many baskets he opted to stake it all with just one: Bitcoin. To us, of course, this can be irrational and something we don't recommend anytime to anybody.

However, we would not be viewing a YouTube video on Didi and his story if he picked the usual route. I still have to know of an ordinary guy getting famous because he allocated his assets in many investment vehicles as that is already reserved for Warren Buffet. At the end of the day, this gamble with Bitcoin (non-sense it might be for us) is where Didi will be known for.

P.S.: The guy is actually talking a lot of sense in the video and I am beginning to like Didi (which means drinking milk preferably breastfeeding, in our local dialect). I love his family's adoption of a minimalistic lifestyle...something we should be looking at. As for adoption of Bitcoin, right tools and infrastructure are all playing a critical role.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
October 15, 2019, 03:44:25 PM
The guy bet it for bitcoin and I admired and amazed what he did because I'm sure that no one has the guts to do the same even me.

The decision he made contains a big risk because he's with his family. I can't imagine the "what ifs" if the market didn't do pretty well last 2017 and drop today under the price he bought it but well, it did well and I'm happy that there's someone that did all in to bitcoin.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 116
0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC
October 15, 2019, 03:25:19 PM
He is just being lucky imagine the bitcoin now worth less than 10% worth of USD in contrast with his initially invested amount, he would have been telling the other story, and I’m seeing he would be begging for a living if the price continued to fall, and 20k ATH seem to be a mission impossible for the foreseeable future, the hype for bitcoin is likely over, I think most millennial would have know and invested into it, we wouldn’t have any more sheep to pump bitcoin to the next trajectory, and they’re the one group of population that have the highest spending power, don’t tell me we can hope for new group of rich investors to magically appear.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1568
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
October 15, 2019, 02:43:05 PM
Yes diversification is always smart. Putting all your eggs in the same basket, is asking for trouble.

But in principle, if the amount is large enough, it could work. Even if it means that, sometimes, exchanging at low price would mean "losing" as opposed to having left that in fiat. However, in theory, this should average in times where price goes high.

By going deflationary, this person only needs to use what absolutely must for daily living expenses, and keep the rest as savings. I assume all income will be converted into bitcoin no matter what, and this needs discipline. In the long run, it does work, but slightly. As long as you have some steady source of income, and not expect to pull it out all from the bitcoin exchange difference.

But even if bitcoin does goes low for a long time, it will recover. But can you survive this period going minimum expending? It might be quick, it might be long. This is something you only consider if you live in a country with good strong fiat currency. If you live in my place, you don't have to think anything, everything to bitcoin is your only way from saving whatever you can (unless you have access to foreign currency, which is not exactly easy or safe).
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080
October 15, 2019, 01:30:42 PM
I'm not going to commend someone for doing this because this is at face value such a stupid move. Bitcoin has proven over the years that it can be unstable and can drop significantly. What happens if he needs emergency funds and Bitcoin has hit a low? What if Bitcoin completely flattens for a long time? These are situations that an adult should be able to look at and prepare for without going all into one currency which is not known for its stability.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
October 15, 2019, 01:20:46 PM
Well I commend any one who have the courage to take such risk, I don't think I will be able to take such risk, as much as I believe in the future of btc and believe the price will be high long term, I can't sell everything I own and invest all on btc and left with nothing, it is always good to have a plan B, 
well best of luck to Didi and all investors out there.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
October 15, 2019, 12:30:17 PM
While I might be almost as long-term bullish as this guy, selling almost everything for bitcoin, and to live off solely bitcoin, is a hugely ballsy(though not necessarily smart) move. If bitcoin crashes in price(yes, crash, I'm talking 70-90%) probably due to a black swan event, the family could be screwed in the long-term. It's a smarter move to leave a good percentage of their wealth on other assets(index funds, etc). But I guess because he's a "blockchain speaker", he might still be earning good money. Though I'll be completely honest I didn't watch everything as I've immediately lost interest lol
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
October 15, 2019, 12:05:37 PM
https://youtu.be/9CdvsM_CMaE

24 min. long but worth it!
Pages:
Jump to: