Pages:
Author

Topic: Why didn't Bakkt launch bring $25000 on the table? - page 2. (Read 218 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
We all had high hopes since the time we knew that a major stocks trading provider was set to launch this Bakkt since it was going to bring big buyers and 'institutional investors' to the table. There is no doubt that Bakkt had been setting records one by one after its launch and had brought Bitcoin a greater volume in Future trading. But, was that enough? What happened after the launch and why couldn't Bakkt deliver what we were expecting highly from it? The rise in price of Bitcoin? Didn't you think it the way I did? What could be the reason for this continuous decline that BTC is facing?

Unfortunately, these institutional buyers are not the same kind of people (newbies and innocents) that helped push Bitcoin to the top of the hill in 2017. These investors are savvy and they actually do not care what can happen with Bitcoin all they care is that they get the profit that they wanted. This is something we should always put into the table. We could never expect these people to be carried away by hypes and emotional appeal. In my view, there is nothing wrong with Bakkt and it can be playing a good role in the overall goal of making Bitcoin go mainstream but we should not be overestimating this platform as this is not the only reason why Bitcoin will be adopted by the people.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 628
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
Overhyped? It isn't that Bakkt failed to live up to what the people want or expected, but rather, the expectations of the people were hiked up way too much. Too much so that Bakkt hadn't expected it, which ultimately led to a disappointing launch back then. On the other hand, Bakkt is on the right track (imo) and currently shows an improving trend. It is already developing quite nicely and is showing promise of affecting the BTC market in the long run.

As for the decline, well, it isn't the worse we've seen so far. Pretty good for others to take advantage of as an entry point. When it dips into 5k or so, question the reason at that time.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
Didn't you think it the way I did?
Not really.  I was curious as to the effect Bakkt would have on the market, and part of me thought that it might be a bullish thing, but obviously it hasn't been at all. 

One thing I've wondered is how trading on Bakkt affects bitcoin's price, if at all.  The traders that use Bakkt aren't trading real bitcoin--they're trading futures and I don't think there's much "physical delivery" when the contracts expire.  The same situation happens in the commodity markets, where oil traders for example don't usually want barrels of oil delivered to them when the crude oil future contract that they bought expires.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not a options, futures, or commodity trader but I have learned a little about all of those things in college.

What could be the reason for this continuous decline that BTC is facing?
Who knows, but so far it isn't a continuous decline.  It's more like a pretty good dip, and bitcoin is at $6886 as I'm writing this.  That level was reached about a month ago, so it's not a huge deal IMO.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
We all had high hopes since the time we knew that a major stocks trading provider was set to launch this Bakkt since it was going to bring big buyers and 'institutional investors' to the table.

you thought wall street was just gonna show up the second bakkt launched and buy up the whole market? Cheesy

the smart guys in the room weren't expecting that at all. the launch was always either gonna be a nothingburger or "buy the rumor and sell the news".
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
We all had high hopes since the time we knew that a major stocks trading provider was set to launch this Bakkt since it was going to bring big buyers and 'institutional investors' to the table. There is no doubt that Bakkt had been setting records one by one after its launch and had brought Bitcoin a greater volume in Future trading. But, was that enough? What happened after the launch and why couldn't Bakkt deliver what we were expecting highly from it? The rise in price of Bitcoin? Didn't you think it the way I did? What could be the reason for this continuous decline that BTC is facing?
Pages:
Jump to: