Pages:
Author

Topic: Why didn't satoshi implement reward system for bitcoin node runners? - page 2. (Read 300 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
There are over 20000 node runners in the world. Is that not enough? If there are insufficient node runners, it would have been better if you ask this question, but you ask the question when everything is running smoothly in a well decentralized way.

Not everyone can run their own node. If you can not run your own node, you can still be using Tor to connect to SPV wallets like Electrum. You can also have more than one wallet and use different location for each.
Activity: 2198
Merit: 847
It's very important to run bitcoin node to increase the security of transactions, to help the decentralisation of bitcoin and make it even more secure. There are so many benefits for bitcoin network to run bitcoin node that it would require from me to write a big article. To sum up, it strengthens the robustness of the network and that's one of the most important part but I often see that people don't run bitcoin node because they don't want to let it take some space in their computers and also don't want to spend days to download bitcoin blockchain. They prefer to use lightweight wallet like Electrum. To my mind, it's okay to use Electrum on your smartphone but at the same time I think that by relying on other nodes, we aren't doing good for bitcoin. Wouldn't it be a good idea if satoshi also implemented reward system in running a bitcoin node? For example, every 24 hours, each node runner would receive its share from 1 bitcoin or something like that. No one would be able to make money from it but I think a lot of people would run bitcoin node even for some small rewards and that would benefit bitcoin. What do you think about that?
Pages:
Jump to: