Pages:
Author

Topic: Why didn't Satoshi Nakamoto just give 10 BTC to everyone in the world for free? - page 2. (Read 1239 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Why give when everyone posses the ability to mine one or more  for them selves?

Gold would not have had the same value, or the same impact on society and global economy if it was everywhere and everyone had access to it...
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Read somewhere that he is holding some 950,000 BTC. Not enough to give one BTC to everyone who possess a wallet right now.

If there were a way to track active addresses I would bet the # of active addresses is significantly lower than 950,000
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Read somewhere that he is holding some 950,000 BTC. Not enough to give one BTC to everyone who possess a wallet right now.
Activity: 2
Perhaps once BTC reaches a significant presence in worldwide markets, Satoshi will distribute his fortune equally among all active BTC addresses. This means adopters in 3rd world will be given a great economic boost. If any man is in a position to dramatically transform the world economy it is Satoshi.
Activity: 31
Why couldn't they set the max number of total BTC to maybe 50 or 100 Billion and just send 10 free BTC to every email or IP address in the world
Think about this for a while, and you'll realize why it wouldn't work. There's no true correlation between IP addresses, email addresses, and people. If you think it would work, I challenge you to do one of the following:

1) Send an email to every email address in the world.
2) Send a message to every IP address in the world.

Good luck!  Smiley
Activity: 25
Please let us know , how the hell would have he been able to do this.
Satoshi can do anything, he is no mere mortal. You just have to believe!
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Please let us know , how the hell would have he been able to do this.
Activity: 28
I've been studying about Bitcoin for the past few days. I've been wanting to get my feet wet all week but just buying a few mBTC with $20 or $30 USD, but after reading about all these stories of complications, delayed transactions, hacking scams going on BTCe, Mtgox, Coinbase, I'm really afraid to try now.

One thing that strikes me as strange is the whole start of Bitcoin by the person/group Satoshi Nakamoto; so Bitcoin was programmed so that there can only be 21 Million total, only a few diehard computer geeks knew about it in the beginning, mined a disproportionately large bulk when it was unknown and worthless, and then Bitcoin went semi-mainstream. The only problem is, with a so many people attempting to mine a fixed number of Bitcoins, everyone gets a smaller share, and only those who can afford large, commercial-grade mining setups can accrue decent amounts.

Why didn't the creators of Bitcoin just give everyone in the world 10 free BTC at the very start? They were worthless in the beginning, so it would have cost nothing. Why couldn't they set the max number of total BTC to maybe 50 or 100 Billion and just send 10 free BTC to every email or IP address in the world and let people decide if they wanted to keep them, throw them away, give them to someone else, trade them for something and so forth?
Pages:
Jump to: