Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do altcoins sell for different prices? - page 2. (Read 1207 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
October 19, 2016, 12:13:38 AM
I think every markets has rates by them selves depend on demand and supply, but usualy the rates of price is no too high for different , and it will not be survive for time. because some traders using strategy of arbitase, if there are different price between markets.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
http://www.leocoinapp.com/
October 18, 2016, 11:59:03 PM
some already for mining cost 1$ some cost 0.0001$
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
October 18, 2016, 11:34:13 PM
Evolution at work, BTC was the 1st successful crypto, but others unsuccessful cryptos came first.
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/quick-history-cryptocurrencies-bbtc-bitcoin-1397682630

BTC main evolution is it's Blockchain , which the previous ones did not have.
BTC current design can not handle the amount of transactions of being a world monetary system, it just can't keep up with the transaction volume.
Supplemental Systems like Lightening Network are being designed to try and make BTC better , but time will tell.

Alt coins are just the next step in evolution many will fail, but the strong ideas will survive.
Example:
DASH evolutionary step is being anonymous and a masternode system, where people hold coins and receive some of the generated coins for maintaining a masternode in a PoW network.
The fact that many coins have to be held in an escow type situation causes a decrease in the available coins which allows for a higher price.
Strickly Supply & Demand and some Manipulated Hype is how most coins find their price, although sometimes the hype is in the reverse direction and stunts the price of a coin instead of helping it.

BTC is PoW, Proof of Work,
Coins like ZEIT are Proof of Stake, PoS , I prefer this evolutionary step as it gives everyone a chance to earn more coins and not be completely beholding to the ASICS miners.
Plus ZEIT has a blockspeed of 30 seconds, meaning I can send it to someone and they receive it 8 minutes before BTC finds it 1st block, since BTC blockspeed is 10 minutes.

Other evolutionary steps are Hybrid coins that are PoS & PoW, or Ripple's Ledger Style system which is not a blockchain, or Monero's ring central system style blockchain where no one can see the transactions amount or sender or receiver unless given a view key.

Dogecoin is cheaper to send than Litecoin, but Both are cheaper to send than BTC, price conscience will prefer the cheaper option to send with faster blockspeeds.
LTC 2.5 minutes Blockspeed, Doge has 1 minute blockspeed

Everyone is different , so everyone has needs for different specs.
One Size does not Fit all when it comes to Crypto.   Wink

Cool

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
October 18, 2016, 10:34:26 PM
The volume of coins currently in circulation and the defined inflation rate (or undefined like with ETH) VS the level of HYPE/speculation.

It really is that simple... lol

There are other factors as well such as dev activity, future potential, use case, etc etc.

Demand and adoption also plays a big  factor I have been to one coin who started @ 3500 satoshis now down to 800 satoshis and there are coins that started to 2 sats and now selling 10 to 50 sats if many investors adopt that coin,there's a big chance to make a profit.
Activity: 246
Merit: 100
October 18, 2016, 09:53:51 PM
The volume of coins currently in circulation and the defined inflation rate (or undefined like with ETH) VS the level of HYPE/speculation.

It really is that simple... lol

There are other factors as well such as dev activity, future potential, use case, etc etc.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
October 18, 2016, 09:40:41 PM
I’m new to altcoins. Just understanding what a Bitcoin is took me awhile. Now I’ve hit another wall. How can some altcoins, like DASH for example, sell for $10.00 and one like Vcash sell for $0.23? I don’t get it.

Is there some inherent market difference in what each altcoin is capable of or it is just a matter of who’s brand name sells the best? I mean if all altcoins are based on the original Bitcoin software, with slight changes, how can there be a such a large difference in price between them? Why can’t Bitcoin suffice to fill the needs of all money transactions around the world that these secondary altcoins do? Do we need them? Why?

Like I said, I'm new to this altcoin market. It makes no sense to me to have more than one altcoin than it does to have multiple currencies.
Explain . . .

Thanks
Woodford
Pages:
Jump to: