Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do big corporations accept BTC? - page 2. (Read 287 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 257
January 19, 2018, 07:28:30 AM
Everything that big companies like Microsoft do, they do it for a good reason. And its same with bitcoin. It could be what you have been thinking or it could be something that we can not see, because we do not know everything about those companies. I think that it is a calculated risk on their side, they make good profit from short term holding. And in the meantime  they wait to see what will happen, because no one can predict future with 100 percent certainty.
Activity: 224
Merit: 121
January 19, 2018, 07:00:07 AM
Its been a great news that some big companies that accepting bitcoin.Bitcoin is a payment system that can be accepted worldwide if that would be implement in every country .Maybe some companies research for the benefits and good reason why they choose btc as a payment for every establishments they connected.Bitcoin now has a good future and a good news for us that bitcoin was spreadout.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
January 18, 2018, 06:48:04 PM
Many big companies are now accepting Bitcoin, and other virtual currencies (or cryptocurrencies), as valid sources of payment for their products because its technology world.. everyone have to change for their future. Bitcoin is the future Smiley
Activity: 19
January 18, 2018, 02:53:46 PM
i think vary soon some asian bank accept bitcoin
Activity: 184
January 18, 2018, 10:48:43 AM
Will Bitconnect stop working?  Cry Cry Cry
Activity: 84
January 18, 2018, 06:55:27 AM
Will Bank of America accept bitcoin ? Will banks become bitcoin hub ?
Activity: 182
Merit: 12
January 17, 2018, 07:30:01 AM
Large companies are now accepting bitcoin due to effective marketing campaign which includes most of the transactions free of charge. Btc is widely accepted as a form of payment so I think there's no reason gigantic companies will not accept it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
January 17, 2018, 02:07:41 AM
the short answer is GREED.... corporations are only interested in profits. The global economy is changing and the FIAT world is starting to notice that crypto has benefits that far outweigh the short term volatility risk.

I don't think the GREED is the only reason.

All companies need to carry out research.   I always keep Andrew Grove's phrase "only the paranoid survive."  If the cryptocurrency is real, they need to figure out what it is.  MS, for example, participated in O'Caml development for a long time before they introduce F#.  So if these large companies are worrying about their long term survival, they need to find out how the cryptocurrencies work.  Many large companies are behind Iota.

Activity: 11
January 16, 2018, 10:40:05 AM
the short answer is GREED.... corporations are only interested in profits. The global economy is changing and the FIAT world is starting to notice that crypto has benefits that far outweigh the short term volatility risk.

This is super interesting, thank you for sharing your opinion.
Activity: 47
Merit: 5
January 10, 2018, 11:21:37 AM
Activity: 6
January 05, 2018, 03:47:10 PM
Hi there,
I wanted to know why big companies like Microsoft, Paypal, Overstock and now consulting firms (with PwC HKK) accept BTC as a payment method? Regarding the latter, it´s due to increasing cooperations with start-ups that operate with BTC as main payment, but regarding the others?
From my point of view, companies with sizes like the above mentioned (refering to cash flows and generated income) are normally risk averse and therefore it seems counter intuitive to me to accept BTC as a payment method due to its heavy volatility.
Moreover, not knowing how regulation might influence the outcome for BTC is another argument for not accepting it?!

This leaves me with only one (rather) simple solution, which is that they are convinced of BTC price rises (in the short-term at least), or even a bit more fare-fetched that they are convinced of BTC as "the new digital currency" or similar.
But that´s not plausible for me!

Does somebody know how much BTC Microsoft or the others generate with the exchange of fiat to BTC and vice-versa?

Can someone please help me out, it´s really grinding my gears  Huh Huh

Thanks a lot Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: