Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Bitcoin wallet GUI's look so basic? - page 2. (Read 1469 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
I think peopele are more concerned that thier wallet is safe and secure, but yes i get what you mean, i think as more people get into bitcoin then we will see a push for better GUI
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
= jasad =
I don't get why there isn't much improvement on Bitcoin wallet GUI's. They all look so basic and old. Whats stopping them from getting a makeover?
what you need?bitcoin wallet with not GUI layout and just like coinbase or blockcahin?its not good and not calssic as bitcoin,and i'm sure people will more lika bitcoin wallet with GUI layout.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260
I don't get why there isn't much improvement on Bitcoin wallet GUI's. They all look so basic and old. Whats stopping them from getting a makeover?

Have you seen Airbitz? You might like its look.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
If you are referring to Bitcoin Core then it indeed looks very basic but right now the only thing that matters to me is that it is doing its work without any problems.

And that it does, so for me a basic looking wallet GUI isn't that big of a deal.

If they at some point decide to give the GUI a fresh and more colorful upgrade then it's fine but if it doesn't happen any time soon then it's fine too with me.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
As far as I know you can submit as many requests as you want but they won't change it , I'm not sure where I read that but they are keeping this basic User interface because it was the original made by Satoshi . It's not that they can't , It's just that they don't want to.

Why would they change it?  That's not their priority; isn't their priority the protocol?  I don't see any reason why an open source project can't be prettied up by the community as long as the protocol remained intact.  Sure, we don't have commit privileges with github but what's to stop us from prettying it up individually and sharing?  Am I missing something here?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bazinga!
I'd have to agree that the wallet is indeed a bit dated, but it serves it's purpose. I don't think there's enough community intrest to change a fully working tool just because it looks a bit dated.
You can do anything you need to do with bitcoin core, and if you don't like it, i find multibit HD having a nice gui (altough it's not completely free).

it became free with the latest update, but it is too late if you ask me. they did a wrong thing forcing people to pay them fees for using their wallet while there are better wallets like Electrum available for free.
#damageisdone
Activity: 675
Merit: 504
I'd have to agree that the wallet is indeed a bit dated, but it serves it's purpose. I don't think there's enough community intrest to change a fully working tool just because it looks a bit dated.
You can do anything you need to do with bitcoin core, and if you don't like it, i find multibit HD having a nice gui (altough it's not completely free).
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
I like the fact that is is fairly basic. Think about what it does, it is simply an interface for you to send and receive coins from your private keys. The more features the wallet has the more it deviates from this basic function and the more things that can go wrong.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
As far as I know you can submit as many requests as you want but they won't change it , I'm not sure where I read that but they are keeping this basic User interface because it was the original made by Satoshi . It's not that they can't , It's just that they don't want to.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bazinga!
maybe it is because developers (and programmers in general) don't care about user interface since they don't use it that much themselves.

so i think if you have any suggestions you should submit it that way as a suggestion to improve the GUI
mkc
Activity: 517
Merit: 501

Are you talking about Bitcoin-qt?
The interface has been the same for years. What is your vision that it should be?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
Which wallet GUI your referring to? If blockchain.info then IIRC, some that have upgraded to the new version, stated some changes in terms of it's look but from what I've noticed, wallets GUI isn't that important as long as their functionality is what it's supposed to be so can't really see it as a priority to any wallet provider.

i think he is talking about core, i do agree that a modern restyle may put average joes, on a better position about running it on their machine, but it's not prioritary now
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
Which wallet GUI your referring to? If blockchain.info then IIRC, some that have upgraded to the new version, stated some changes in terms of it's look but from what I've noticed, wallets GUI isn't that important as long as their functionality is what it's supposed to be so can't really see it as a priority to any wallet provider.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
I don't think anything's stopping bitcoin's wallet from getting a make over accept interest.  It's an open source project isn't it?  Give it a shot!  Pretty up your wallet the way you like, show us what you come up with, and maybe it will catch on.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: