Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do companies sell Bitcoin miners, like ASIC? - page 3. (Read 2886 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
This is what they are probably doing, or what I would do if I were them at least.

1. You build a bunch of new ASIC miners.
2. Start using the new ASIC miners to mine.
3. Put them for preorder on your website.
4. Start developing better ASIC miners.
5. Once you've created the upgraded ASIC miners, replace the old ones and sell them
6. Go back to 2. and repeat forever!

Essentially, they build their own top of the line equipment, and use it to mine.  Once their old equipment is outdated sell it for profit.  You've already profited from the mining, now they profit again from the selling, and they are probably selling for much higher than the cost of manufacturing them in the first place.  They are probably making so much money.
Well this is very possible. This would work.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
This is what they are probably doing, or what I would do if I were them at least.

1. You build a bunch of new ASIC miners.
2. Start using the new ASIC miners to mine.
3. Put them for preorder on your website.
4. Start developing better ASIC miners.
5. Once you've created the upgraded ASIC miners, replace the old ones and sell them
6. Go back to 2. and repeat forever!

Essentially, they build their own top of the line equipment, and use it to mine.  Once their old equipment is outdated sell it for profit.  You've already profited from the mining, now they profit again from the selling, and they are probably selling for much higher than the cost of manufacturing them in the first place.  They are probably making so much money.
legendary
Terminated.
Or they mine with them, then sell them once they can't earn as much.

Exactly what they do and its the best business you can own in Bitcoin.
So let's make an ASIC factory.
Activity: 25
Why do companies sell Bitcoin miners, like ASIC?

Surely if they can make money from mining, they would keep it themself.

The only other option is that they make more from selling it, than they would make from mining with it.

It's definltely not some charitable gift to the people.

So, what do you all think?

Winner!

Right... but, according to minr.info... there is an ASIC that makes $397.40 per day, and takes 26 days to break even... After that, you would make $397.40 per day in pure profit.... and the total price of the ASIC is $ 9,995.... so... within a few weeks after break even, you would have made more than the total price itself....

So, I can only assume that by then, mining difficulty has increased so much that you're no longer making $397.40 per day...

Is this right?
Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Exactly what they do and its the best business you can own in Bitcoin.
legendary
Terminated.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

The only other option is that they make more from selling it, than they would make from mining with it.

Winner!
Activity: 25

Pages:
Jump to: