Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do ICO's make Airdrops? - page 4. (Read 465 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 0
April 09, 2018, 07:15:01 AM
to make more users and the growing popularity of altcoin they launch so they held an airdrop to do just that.
Activity: 42
April 09, 2018, 07:10:37 AM
Even legitimate, real projects need marketing to set themselves apart. Shocking, I know.

AIRDROPS THAT MAYBE DON'T SUCK

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OoNKjUxXkp-g0Etn5XZdD8lD3FiUngY8GfDNNoAWGPc

Like this one.

https://gonetwork.co/airdrop

Winners of ETHWaterloo - the world's largest Ethereum hackathon. I bet you didn't know about that.

Check out the Google spreadsheet for an active, ongoing list of other airdrops that maybe don't suck. I update it daily. Smiley
Activity: 246
Merit: 10
April 09, 2018, 07:08:13 AM
Its the cheapest way of advertising and rising rapidly the number of your subscribers on social platforms. Also ref links leads to extra advertisement
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
April 09, 2018, 06:35:39 AM
Airdrops is needed to solve two key problems faced by new crypto-currency projects:
1. ICOs need effective advertising to promote the idea to the masses.
2. In most cases, for the successful operation of the new blockchain platform, users  who will keep its crypto currency, forming network nodes, are needed.
Activity: 560
Merit: 22
April 09, 2018, 06:31:45 AM
They need to get the momentum going on. They need to build a first stage of followers. An airdrop is an easy and sure way to get a community quick. After that it is more easy to get the ball rolling. So a small 'empty' investment, empty since no money is actually being paid....a sort of pay after performance if you will. Later it will be easier to reach out to that same community to start a bounty campaign, or to spread the word about the ICO. Once hype is built, they attract bigger investors for their presale, and influencers for the real work of plugging the ICO (they get on board for the tokens too).

So yes.....airdrops are quite essential to get a good head start...
Activity: 209
April 09, 2018, 06:27:04 AM
I signed up for an ICO the other day and saw that they were giving away quite a lot of tokens for just signing up with Twitter and Telegram. How do they benefit from this? Do they just want more followers or do they want to get rid of tokens? Or is it maybe just a scam?

No, I think that the more you spread news or have more contacts is beneficial for ICO in order to drag in investor.
Activity: 12
April 09, 2018, 06:22:07 AM
I signed up for an ICO the other day and saw that they were giving away quite a lot of tokens for just signing up with Twitter and Telegram. How do they benefit from this? Do they just want more followers or do they want to get rid of tokens? Or is it maybe just a scam?
Pages:
Jump to: