Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do males make up 97% of the Bitcoin community? - page 2. (Read 3802 times)

Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
I don't think the data that the site collected are accurate enough to confirmed that the bitcoin community consist of 97% males users, bitcoin users doesn't need to provide any identity verification for setting up a bitcoin wallet, so it is really hard to gauge how much percentage of users are males or females in the whole bitcoin community.
I agree.I must admit males are more dominant than females here in the bitcoin community but i don't think that data is precise.I guess lot of females also are actively participated here so i don't think that's only 3% for female users.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
There are many factors why that could be the case, that the women in bitcoin society are only represented in 3%.

1. First of all. The reason to use bitcoin is mainly political. Women does not like to talk about politics as it is most of the time agressive and lead to argues.

2. Bitcoin is not a socialy acceptable. Women are more social creature than men, and most of them would not be interested in things that majority of population is not interested in.

3. Investing in bitcoin could lead to danger, and women are more prone to avoid the danger.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
The first news I have about this, and I would not know to really explain it, is a subject of study
Activity: 28
I don't think that this date is actually correct, couse btc provides anonymity, so we can't say for sure.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
I'm female. Only rec ntly discovered crypto currencies. I'm blown away them. My nephew told me about bitcoin when it was four pounds each. I wish I had listen d more closely. But I guess better late than never. I just thought of I as a fad. That would fizzle out. You could even mine bitcoin back then.

Yes, i also think that female are actively involve in bitcoin community but they do not disclose themselves. Thats one of the reason i think, people think bitcoin is a male dormant community while the fact is many females do not disclose them. I do not say that  female male ratio is  50 50 but it can be 60 to 40 ratio between men and women.
staff
Activity: 3038
Merit: 568
APP下载sbapp.io
I don't think the data that the site collected are accurate enough to confirmed that the bitcoin community consist of 97% males users, bitcoin users doesn't need to provide any identity verification for setting up a bitcoin wallet, so it is really hard to gauge how much percentage of users are males or females in the whole bitcoin community.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Patriarchy tells women they belong in the kitchen.
Not this meme again
It might be because women doesn't have any interest in bitcoin at all.
And they don't believe on a job [money making] such as bitcoin.

But it's not 100% right?
Nowadays there's lots of career women, and they may be knows about bitcoin.
But they didn't know how bitcoin works.
You can see with basically all events through history, women are typically following men that they trust or they are being pioneers in a field after it is somewhat established, as Bitcoin is right now, or you get the 1% where you have a woman, such as Marrie Currie, participate more actively in the actual development of something new and interesting. The Bitcoin community being composed of 97%, even 85%, males is no surprise.
Activity: 531
Merit: 258
I bet the stats come Google Analytics. So in this case you can say it is totaly unreliable. I don't know about Bitcoin but I can tell you in the Blockchain there are lot of females. Sometimes I g to meet up and there are 50/50 male female.

Power to females
Activity: 43
Technology, women always are behind it. In future situation will be changed. But for now, it is "programmer" thing for them.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 581
It is really hard to say that there are only 3% of female population in bitcoin industry. Maybe if we do talk about females population in this forum that might be pretty accurate or less
well! That’s really sad to hear that the women community is very less in bitcoin users and its not good for bitcoin as well because women is now working in each and every field and she can do everything that a man does so I think women should also contribute in bitcoin popularity.
Activity: 602
Merit: 253
It might be because women doesn't have any interest in bitcoin at all.
And they don't believe on a job [money making] such as bitcoin.

But it's not 100% right?
Nowadays there's lots of career women, and they may be knows about bitcoin.
But they didn't know how bitcoin works.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Patriarchy tells women they belong in the kitchen.
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
According to the website https://coin.dance/stats males make up 97% of the Bitcoin community. Why is the Bitcoin community dominated by guys?

Perhaps this data is accurate. While in fact, I tried to investigate how many women know Bitcoin and the answer is no woman knows it. Is not Bitcoin really popular or is it because women are not interested in virtual currency?

How many women did you interviewed? May I know? Well here in my country more men are into bitcoin than women like 2 out of 10.
Maybe men are more into the technology like there were are more expose in the internet like for a whole day and women are preferred to do something that can interest them.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
A man later was required to be the head of the household.
Men should be able to provide for their wives and children and even other family members.
But it's not just that a man has to work hard.
Men are not only required to work hard when they are married. They will find ways to make money. Men also tend to like electronic tools such as laptob and so forth. They may know other people who happen to know bitcoin so choose to work online with bitcoin. While women only take care of the house and their children
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
According to the website https://coin.dance/stats males make up 97% of the Bitcoin community. Why is the Bitcoin community dominated by guys?

Perhaps this data is accurate. While in fact, I tried to investigate how many women know Bitcoin and the answer is no woman knows it. Is not Bitcoin really popular or is it because women are not interested in virtual currency?
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
I think this the understanding that we can gain in our community .
Mostly females like to have the company of the females and males remains in the company of the males . So the company plays a big role for the contribution in any things .
But still here in my community there are few girls who are using Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to make earnings .Beside these facts there is a big factor that girls needed only to educate himself to became a house wife ( in the most of the cases ) , so they don't want divert herself toward any new thing or any new ways where they can make earnings .
Since factors are more to discuss , but overall that is the understanding and need only that forces the people to make earnings .
And here in my opinion the % of the female bitcoiners is more then what the site gave .
Activity: 12
Woman - nurturer, seeks security.
Man - hunter, provider.

Just look at this designated cuckold and why you shouldn't listen to women when engaging in man shit.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-i-love-bitcoin-andrew-mather (CTRL + F "wife" and "dear")

There was also this story about some guy who wanted to put his life savings into Bitcoin when it sold for a few $ but he listened to his wife instead. I wonder how many betas out there missed out because of listening to their women.

Actually it's not even her fault. I bet they blame their wives too, and their wives /gfs end up resenting them because 1. their men have no balls to do what they want and 2. put the blame on her.
Activity: 504
Merit: 105
Probably because most of the men think they have to work to make money. So they choose to work. While their women prefer to take care of the household rather than work.

At some point you are correct but that was generations ago. The generation now of women are the working wives. I know lots of women working for their family so that the burden that the husband is carrying will be lesser. I know at least 21 women who are into the world of cryptocurrencies and most of them are wives.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
It is just the way things are, more gamers are men too, that is just because that is something we find interesting, there is nothing mysterious about it, there are many other activities where women are the majority and that does not bring the attention of anyone for the simple reason that those activities do not pique the interest of most men.
A matter of interests. Men usually are into with technology but I'm not talking about the usage but rather the interests discover something in that technology since most women interests themselves more on social media while guys interest themselves in games, some stuffs here and there including this blockchain technology which we devote our time to understand how it works while on the other hand women are busy with other stuffs.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
It is just the way things are, more gamers are men too, that is just because that is something we find interesting, there is nothing mysterious about it, there are many other activities where women are the majority and that does not bring the attention of anyone for the simple reason that those activities do not pique the interest of most men.
Pages:
Jump to: