Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do many people call Bitcoin "digital gold"? - page 3. (Read 1291 times)

copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 234
Why do many people call Bitcoin "digital gold"?
The image of the logo displayed on Bitcoin resembles Gold, but not gold, the posture and shape resembles metal and is colored gold, but not gold, nowadays people don't want to bother in calling something, if the object resembles silver, gold, bronze they will say as they see it, to make it easier to pronounce and remember.

What you to know, Bitcoin is not physical, besides that Bitcoin can only be obtained when the internet is active, while real gold is in the bowels of the earth, does not need the internet and gold is physical, not imaginary, gold is a precious metal item, Bitcoin cannot be replaced as gold, that will not happen.

The nature of gold is unlimited and inexhaustible as long as the earth still exists, Bitcoin only has 21 million coins, if 21 million people in this world buy Bitcoin, Bitcoin will run out.

As a thought experiment, imagine there was a base metal as scarce as gold but with the following properties:
- boring grey in colour
- not a good conductor of electricity
- not particularly strong, but not ductile or easily malleable either
- not useful for any practical or ornamental purpose

and one special, magical property:
- can be transported over a communications channel

If it somehow acquired any value at all for whatever reason, then anyone wanting to transfer wealth over a long distance could buy some, transmit it, and have the recipient sell it.

Maybe it could get an initial value circularly as you've suggested, by people foreseeing its potential usefulness for exchange.  (I would definitely want some)  Maybe collectors, any random reason could spark it.

I think the traditional qualifications for money were written with the assumption that there are so many competing objects in the world that are scarce, an object with the automatic bootstrap of intrinsic value will surely win out over those without intrinsic value.  But if there were nothing in the world with intrinsic value that could be used as money, only scarce but no intrinsic value, I think people would still take up something.

(I'm using the word scarce here to only mean limited potential supply)

This is Satoshi's description of some properties of Bitcoin, and this post was found by other friends on the forum. When I saw this passage, I was really stunned. This is exactly the kind of state I envisioned.
Activity: 885
Merit: 112
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
many reasons here because people have made the highest profit by investing here and its price is rising day by day so most people consider it a more valuable asset than gold.

this digital gold goes up a lot in a very short period of time and people made the highest profit more than gold investment in a few years record so everyone wants to invest here.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
Why do many people call Bitcoin "digital gold"?
The image of the logo displayed on Bitcoin resembles Gold, but not gold, the posture and shape resembles metal and is colored gold, but not gold, nowadays people don't want to bother in calling something, if the object resembles silver, gold, bronze they will say as they see it, to make it easier to pronounce and remember.

What you to know, Bitcoin is not physical, besides that Bitcoin can only be obtained when the internet is active, while real gold is in the bowels of the earth, does not need the internet and gold is physical, not imaginary, gold is a precious metal item, Bitcoin cannot be replaced as gold, that will not happen.

The nature of gold is unlimited and inexhaustible as long as the earth still exists, Bitcoin only has 21 million coins, if 21 million people in this world buy Bitcoin, Bitcoin will run out.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
Right now gold is the accepted collateral from banks and financial services apart from bonds and stocks. Earlier investment on gold is a tedious job, now everything has turned digital. Most people prefer gold over bitcoin for different purposes. Based on the growth bitcoin has experienced in a short time period people started to make it as digital gold in conversation even though there is separate digital gold for investment.
copper member
because it is valuable, rare, limited in number, and must be mined to get it. yes, digitally bitcoin is almost like gold, the only difference is the regulation. op already explained the comparison of the two, and it's really worth it to have both. there are also those who say that btc is a safe heaven just like gold, on the other hand there are those who disagree because btc's volatility is very high.
if asked to choose which one is better, of course both have their respective advantages, so no need to bother and just choose both Smiley
because it is valuable, rare, limited in number, and must be mined to get it. yes, digitally bitcoin is almost like gold, the only difference is the regulation. op already explained the comparison of the two, and it's really worth it to have both. there are also those who say that btc is a safe heaven just like gold, on the other hand there are those who disagree because btc's volatility is very high.
if asked to choose which one is better, of course both have their respective advantages, so no need to bother and just choose both Smiley

In my opinion, the reason why the price of Bitcoin is currently volatile is that we are still in the earliest stage of Bitcoin's development. The market value of Bitcoin is not yet large enough. When the market value of Bitcoin is large enough in another 10 or 20 years, I believe that Bitcoin will not fluctuate so much.
Activity: 770
Merit: 113
Activity: 200
Merit: 12
People call Bitcoin a digital gold that's because it is not issued by a central bank or federal government. Investing in Bitcoin is as profitable as gold because the value of bitcoin increases. Bitcoin is a digital gold is that it is very scarce this is why Bitcoin is a successful cryptocurrency and not controlled by external authority and also financial crises, monetary policies don't affect the price of Bitcoin. That's why investers treat as a safe assets and as a digital gold.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 102
The main reason why people consider Bitcoin as digital gold is that investing in Bitcoin is as profitable as gold. However, in my opinion, the use and popularity of Bitcoin are not as high as that of Gold, but Bitcoin has surpassed Gold in terms of price growth. If you analyze the comparative growth of the price of Bitcoin and gold since the beginning of the creation of Bitcoin, you will see that the growth of the price of Bitcoin is several times higher than that of gold. Although there is a difference in price growth, Bitcoin and gold are a profitable way to invest and that is why Bitcoin is considered as digital gold.
Activity: 938
Merit: 13
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
First of all, due to the fact that this asset is quite expensive and always keeps in price, and also in the digital world it is difficult to find an asset more expensive than bitcoin itself, I would say that it is impossible to find, because it is the leader in the digital world in terms of assets for many years ...
Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
bitcoin is called digital gold, that's because bitcoin is like gold.  If we keep it, the value will continue to rise.  Like gold, the more you keep, the more expensive it is.  Even if we compare bitcoin and gold, the profit of bitcoin is much greater than gold.

Exactly, the many similarities between bitcoin and gold, the value that continues to increase and the number of active users continues to grow is proof that bitcoin deserves to be called digital gold, this makes me optimistic that bitcoin can last for a long time and of course with a price that continues to skyrocket.
copper member
From the value itself and you can see it by the numbers. Bitcoin is limited and can vary its price over time so it is considered as gold by many.

Many people are treating it and making it as a store of value and a way to earn profit in the market.

Bitcoin is the start of digital investment or a digital asset like gold, before anything else like buy and sell, bitcoin is the first digital asset.

Yes, in my opinion, Bitcoin not only has some of the characteristics of gold, but also has its own unique advantages. Bitcoin is more suitable as a store of value than gold, and it is not controlled by any single force.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 272
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
From the value itself and you can see it by the numbers. Bitcoin is limited and can vary its price over time so it is considered as gold by many.

Many people are treating it and making it as a store of value and a way to earn profit in the market.

Bitcoin is the start of digital investment or a digital asset like gold, before anything else like buy and sell, bitcoin is the first digital asset.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
The main reason why people are comparing bitcoin to gold is because they are both have a finite source there can only be so much of them available  in the world, sure you can say that fiat and physical money are also finite but governments are able to always print more and more where gold you can't create and so as the case with bitcoin
Merit: 10
I think that Bitcoin is called digital gold by most of people because its price is very high and there is less amount of Bitcoin. So Bitcoin is similar as gold. Bitcoin is consider as precious as gold. Bitcoin is safe and secure. Due to these reason Bitcoin is consider as gold.
Activity: 812
Merit: 105
Many people say bitcoin is digital gold because bitcoin has a very fantastic price and has a price that often goes up and down so many people benefit from it.
The existence of bitcoin has been known by the whole world so that many people who want to buy bitcoin as well as gold, bitcoin and gold do have a lot in common so that many people also make pictures or metals made of gold bearing the Bitcoin symbol.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
I think it's because bitcoin has the same value as gold.  the same is possible for investment but the difference is that gold does not have a fast and high increase like bitcoin, and bitcoin also cannot be as safe as gold.

Bitcoin has a similar intrinsic value as that of gold. A lot of people invest in gold and a lot of people invest in bitcoin too and it's just a matter of their prioriities.
I think bitcoin and gold both are equally unsafe. A thief can steal your physical gold whereas a hacker can steal your bitcoins if you don't have the proper security.
Matter of fact I think bitcoin is more secure if we don't leave any vulnerabilities.
Activity: 827
Merit: 100
I think it's because bitcoin has the same value as gold.  the same is possible for investment but the difference is that gold does not have a fast and high increase like bitcoin, and bitcoin also cannot be as safe as gold.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 510
why do many people call bitcoin as gold in digital, maybe from the price of bitcoin which is much more expensive than the price of ordinary gold, we can also make bitcoin an asset, to get bigger profits, but when compared to diamonds, bitcoin is still below diamonds. .
Activity: 1736
Merit: 116
Gold is the most popular metal in all over the world. And Bitcoin works same like the gold. It can be used in all over the world. It is not any country currency. It is now become a global currency that anyone can use from anywhere in the world. That's why many peoples say Bitcoin the digital gold. But gold is a metal and bitcoin is currency both have difference. But both can be used for exchange of goods.
because many people hear that Bitcoin is mined, many perceive Bitcoin as gold.  for me it doesn't matter because even now robert kiyosaki still calls bitcoin is digital gold.  I respect other people's opinion about Bitcoin.

Bitcoin and Gold are indeed obtained by mining, and not only that Bitcoin and Gold also have a limited supply. With some similarities that Bitcoin and
Gold have, finally some people call Bitcoin as digital Gold. And we don't really need to worry about that, everyone has their own thoughts, we appreciate
it if someone calls Bitcoin as digital Gold. Although Bitcoin and Gold are actually different assets, but as long as it doesn't have a negative effect then
let's appreciate it for people who call Bitcoin as digital Gold.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 141
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Gold is the most popular metal in all over the world. And Bitcoin works same like the gold. It can be used in all over the world. It is not any country currency. It is now become a global currency that anyone can use from anywhere in the world. That's why many peoples say Bitcoin the digital gold. But gold is a metal and bitcoin is currency both have difference. But both can be used for exchange of goods.
because many people hear that Bitcoin is mined, many perceive Bitcoin as gold.  for me it doesn't matter because even now robert kiyosaki still calls bitcoin is digital gold.  I respect other people's opinion about Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: