Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do most people invest in wrong ICOs to lose money ? - page 2. (Read 2436 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 100
www.daxico.com
This always happens all the time since most of us invests in ICO without even thinking or researching about the ICO. Some ICOs offer a very promising project only to deceive people to fall from their scam tactics. If we only just be vigilant and make an in-depth investigation of the team before investing, that will really help not to invest in a scam ICO and lose money, IMO.
Activity: 868
Merit: 108
www.Artemis.co
because they we're convince by their refferral, hyping that this will be their income in the coming weeks. most of the ICO's are real and has real use cases in a blockchain.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Risks are yes, ico is not a risk-free investment, so careful selection of qualified ico projects becomes even more important. However, the success ico, the rate of return is very high.
Activity: 238
This board amazes me sometimes.

All the hyped ICOs are killing people - Bancor, Monaco etc and there is no self reflection.

People need to change the way they participate in projects.

All the rubbish needs to be shunned.

Sectors need to be chosen carefully, and projects thereafter.

REAL energy projects (i.e. NOT asset managers such as wepower, and NOT the pure solar/other renewable energy investment rubbish where crypto is just "added" to the process as a marketing tool) should be favoured, such as Grid+ and Prosume Energy.

Stop following people who have proven themselves useless.

Wonder what you think now, as the forum is really overwhelmed by ICO scams and there are more stupid investment possibilities than ever. Definitely agree 100% with you, there are those guidelines regarding ICO's everybody should know about imho: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/3-kinds-of-icos-protect-yourself-2243157
Activity: 319
Because people believe on that ICO to success that's why they invest on it but lose money instead! in any investment there is a risk so we should research first the background of every ICO before trusting it.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
I think the main purpose of people following ico is not to follow the garbage project as you mentioned but they definitely want to make a profit, because wrong choice alone they become losers and believe the future will be more careful again
Activity: 232
People are throwing money into Crypto because they are looking for a get rich quick scheme. They are seeing what Bitcoin has become and they want to be a part of that.

Sadly it is down to the projects and the investors to not overload the ecosystem with poor products / poor investments.

I think once regulations come in (which will at some point) then it will change. But it will not change when we see ICO's raising hundreds of millions even without a working product.
Activity: 129
Merit: 10
The reason is simple, because investment ico is a copycat investment, oneself have not studied the ico project at all, now many ico project is the swindler project, most is the money that swindled the investor.
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
This board amazes me sometimes.

All the hyped ICOs are killing people - Bancor, Monaco etc and there is no self reflection.

People need to change the way they participate in projects.

All the rubbish needs to be shunned.

Sectors need to be chosen carefully, and projects thereafter.

REAL energy projects (i.e. NOT asset managers such as wepower, and NOT the pure solar/other renewable energy investment rubbish where crypto is just "added" to the process as a marketing tool) should be favoured, such as Grid+ and Prosume Energy.

Stop following people who have proven themselves useless.

because of marketing.they fall in marketing traps.
Activity: 806
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
You can never remove the risk when you invest it is already part of it. Even i thought that i invested in a promising ico but i was wrong i only lost my money.

No matter how promising and good is it, once bitcoin will make a big increase that means most altcoins will get rekt unless there is a solid news on that coin. If you are confident on it you will continue to hold, or try averaging it down or you make a cut loss if you think it will go down deeper and buy it back again when it's already very low. In terms of bitcoin I am proud to say I only lost once in an ICO. I did wait for few weeks/months on others to make my exit fruitful. 
Activity: 821
Merit: 101
You can never remove the risk when you invest it is already part of it. Even i thought that i invested in a promising ico but i was wrong i only lost my money.
Activity: 798
Merit: 527
Havent participated in an ICO for long time now, it gets harder and harder to stay up to date. but i like to gamble
Gambling is quite a different thing and there is no possible way that you can actually do gambling or anything like that and that too in ICOs.

In my opinion, the most common reason which is resulting in loss of most of the investors is none other than the lack of knowledge, in fact the knowledge about the things at the very present day. They lack to have sufficient amount of knowledge and they basically don’t know what all is going around, due to which they suffer.
Activity: 323
Everyone has their own technique to research ico project. I myself have never joined the ico project. because it has risks. I also do not understand which ico is best for me invest.
Activity: 140
Well, even though it is true there are a few crappy ICOs out there, I would't put Bancor in that group. Give it some time to deliver their full product.
Activity: 519
Because most ICOs lose money currently. We are at a pretty strained point when it comes to ICOs.   People are just investing in what is available.

Greed doesn't help.  Some people will invest regardless if there is enough benefit offered despite the red flags.

ICOs were not regulated since the beginning that's why good and scumbag companies can make any Cryptocurrency or any projects as they want and spotting scam ICOs is very hard since you have to do bloody research technically. That's why some ICOs are dying and and some of them were vanished out of the blue.
So investors will be pissed off since they couldn't do anything to get their investment back.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
they are want to be rich in few days
Because none of them want to be actually involved in the project.

All they want is to flip it as soon as they can with 10x gain.
I don't blame investors doing this, all the idea on reliable ICO do not look the way it was. Have seen good white papers that the project didn't thrive. The crytorelated project are doing well as those in business. Populous always surprises me, it was one of my least expected project to be thriving.

Indeed, I think investors are making their part and efforts to research and will personally communicate with the core management but the real problem is the company itself and they're just like advertise their ICOs to attract more investors and then they'll vanish after they had collected more from investors. This issue is very bad due to investors cannot chase the company because ICOs were not regulated since the beginning.
Activity: 602
Merit: 295
Hail Eris!
Because most ICOs lose money currently. We are at a pretty strained point when it comes to ICOs.   People are just investing in what is available.

Greed doesn't help.  Some people will invest regardless if there is enough benefit offered despite the red flags.
Blind investment
Trend of interest
Crazy behavior

If I were them I would choose Bitcoin or Top Altcoins to invest because they are increasing day after day and week after week. Hard earned money must be invested into 99% of profits not for just a lucky one.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Because none of them want to be actually involved in the project.

All they want is to flip it as soon as they can with 10x gain.
I don't blame investors doing this, all the idea on reliable ICO do not look the way it was. Holding bitcoin is more reliable now than most bitcoin. For any good any good pump take your bitcoin and run.Have seen good white papers that the project didn't thrive. The crytorelated project are doing well as those in business. Populous always surprises me, it was one of my least expected project to be thriving.
Pages:
Jump to: