Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do our governments keep reminding me of the borg? - page 2. (Read 1091 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
This is supposed to be a democracy for fucks sake, I should have every right to not be involved in their stupid fantasy society if I want to.

I do not think you have that definition right. This concerns fundamental rights, as in a constitution or some such.

Democracy is merely the least evil type of government people manage to keep stable. If there are ten people on a boat and eight decide in a vote to kill the other two, that is democracy.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
It's just like with the how the American government in particular is acting like the Roman Empire when the American Army comes out saying they have a general named Petraeus. Now the American government and a lot of other leaders are going "You must comply with regulations" and expecting me to not think they haven't gone batshit insane. What are they going to do next? Are they going to act like a Dalek and scream "Exterminate!" at us while firing bullets?

This is supposed to be a democracy for fucks sake, I should have every right to not be involved in their stupid fantasy society if I want to.
Pages:
Jump to: