Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people say hardware wallets are unhackable? - page 2. (Read 272 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
Nope, at least there aren't any documented cases as far as I know(as with Ledger/Trezor/Coldcard). Though I really don't recommend it (because I'm just paranoid, sometimes a bit too much), you should be able to use a hardware wallet and make a transaction using a malware-infested device because in the first place the main purpose of the hardware wallet is so the private keys won't be exposed.

The only known way you can lose funds using a hardware wallet using a malware-infested device, is when the device your using has a clipboard hijacker whereas you actually send the funds to the hacker's wallet address; but this should be easily preventable if you double check the address recipient on your hardware wallet when making the transaction.

Yes, we see a lot of hacking complaints on the Ledger and Trezor subreddit and other communities, but they're because of ignorance and carelessness of the hardware wallet user, not the fault of the hardware wallet(or the manufacturer) itself.
Activity: 65
Merit: 5
If I insert it into a computer then the malware already on that computer can infiltrate the wallet right?

Pages:
Jump to: