Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people use so many Bitcoin wallets? - page 47. (Read 51694 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
February 05, 2016, 06:34:11 AM
Well, i think it is for security purpose.
They are using a lot of wallets for the safety of their bitcoin.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
February 05, 2016, 05:36:51 AM
Because a wallet fit every need, for example electrum for fast and easy transactions and armory for keeping a large amount of coins.
Activity: 420
February 05, 2016, 05:33:42 AM
I think people find it much more convenient fact. It is also easier, I think.

The transaction is, in particular, also much cheaper and faster.

So I think, therefore, that people use it.
Activity: 464
February 05, 2016, 05:05:47 AM
Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.
for me,security is the main reason why i choose or use many bitcoin wallets,i dont fully believe to anyone in their review about bitcoin wallet,so i must decide to pick one wallets with many considering by trying some wallets before i pick the best in my view.the second reason is reability and wallet speed.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
February 05, 2016, 12:54:38 AM
using different bitcoin wallets is like keeping your money (cash) in different places like bank, credit card, paypal, in your pocket.

bitcoin is the same, i keep most of bitcoins in bank (which is an offline wallet) for security reasons and to spend in the future.
i also keep some in my hot wallets, one is Electrum which is to send/receive smaller amounts which i might need and the other is my web wallet because i have started with that one and i am not willing to empty it out.
Activity: 242
Blockchain-based Financial Ecosystem
February 05, 2016, 12:15:20 AM
Its nice to split up the bitcoins into separate wallets.

What is so nice about it ? Logically speaking,the reason I use multiple wallets is to be secure just in case but mostly for my transactions/Savings.I maintain an online wallet for my daily transactions while whatever I earn through gambling or promos I save it in a offline wallet as cold storage (security funds).Besides this,its a good habit to use distributed systems as a way for securing accounts.

why do people use so many bitcoin wallets I can,t know but I have no mere bitcoin. i am using only one wallet but other person is why use more bitcoin   I don,t know
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
February 04, 2016, 11:21:03 PM

What is so nice about it ? Logically speaking,the reason I use multiple wallets is to be secure just in case but mostly for my transactions/Savings.I maintain an online wallet for my daily transactions while whatever I earn through gambling or promos I save it in a offline wallet as cold storage (security funds).Besides this,its a good habit to use distributed systems as a way for securing accounts.
agree maybe if something happens to your wallet like hacked, of course if you only have one wallet all your money can be lost, be different if you have a lot of wallets,
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
February 04, 2016, 07:39:24 PM

agree with you....
im use offline wallet too to hold my bitcoin
im use paper wallet, but my problem is i can't hold for long time, after 2-3monthn i sell my bitcoin (paper wallet)
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
February 04, 2016, 04:26:34 PM

Activity: 181
February 04, 2016, 04:22:22 PM
Activity: 756
February 04, 2016, 04:12:37 PM
Maybe because they don't want to loose all their money at once in case of hacking or etc, that's why they use multiple wallets to store their bitcoins.
Activity: 616
February 04, 2016, 03:51:27 PM
People use a lot of wallets because if a wallet is getting hacked they don't lose all there bitcoins at once. They than still have some bitcoins left in their other wallets.
Activity: 672
February 04, 2016, 03:13:35 PM
They find that fact much more convenient and easy to operate.
It is also quite clear safely. The transaction is in fact a much faster and cheaper. So that's why they use it.
Activity: 896
Merit: 502
February 04, 2016, 01:28:25 PM
I use many bitcoin wallet for security purposes.
On PC I use a local wallet and for mobile phone I use blockchain (the android app)
Activity: 434
February 04, 2016, 11:35:30 AM
The use different wallets because the chance you get hacked is not much.
But if it happen you do not lose all your bitcoins at once, its pretty smart to do.

Some how quite answer from you But exactly People are using many bitcoin address because they are so many works in bitcoins according to that for each they are one for one work I guess. Scammers used for multiple accounts to earn money in Sig campaign. Be aware these kind of people.
Activity: 462
February 04, 2016, 11:29:39 AM
The use different wallets because the chance you get hacked is not much.
But if it happen you do not lose all your bitcoins at once, its pretty smart to do.
Activity: 434
February 04, 2016, 11:12:11 AM
Because its better so you don't lose all your coins at one.
When you get hacked you will lose everything at once.
So that would be very bad for the person.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
February 04, 2016, 10:44:54 AM
Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.

Because they can.

Not everybody thinks alike, not everybody loves the same things.
Since there is the possibility to use various wallets with various features and/or look, people use most of them.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
February 04, 2016, 10:42:38 AM
People who has a lot if bitcoin definitely using many bitcoin wallets because of the dieting of hacker. They are spreading their coins so if their wallet got hack atleast not all their coins.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
February 04, 2016, 09:58:25 AM
The easier answer to this question is - for pure safety.

To be more specific :

Point in using more than one external wallet (not only addresses) is rather easy to understand. Even when you lose access to one of your wallets you still have funds at another ones. For example blockchain like to have an maintenance or being down. What if someone trading using BTC? Many random events like to happen and possibility of ALL external wallets providers being down in the same time is rater small isn't it?
Pages:
Jump to: