Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do some ICOs not allow American investors? - page 2. (Read 507 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0
American ICOs are regulated and you have to pay a fee to register and even then you might not get approved.

So much easier for these people to make it outside the USA and have USA investors use a proxy or have someone buy it for them.

It really doesn't change much if US investors aren't allowed. Most companies meet their goals and American investors who want the tokens bad enough will find a way.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
I've seen many ICOs that do not allow American investors and not sure why. Is there a reason for something like this?

Mostly all ICO's are scams, ideas that don't actually require tokens or the development teams are eastern bloc mobsters. Its the equivalent of the nigerian scams of the late 90's. USA is just first to regulate, more will follow and all that will be left are 3rd world countries that don't give a damn about their citizens.
Activity: 42
I've seen many American-based companies that don't allow American investors for ICOs.

I've been involved in a few. You can have someone trusted overseas get them for you. I found a nice gentleman in a telegram chat.

But it's not like it's all of the sudden legal? Or isn't it illegal to begin with, do these ico's have to reject us residents?

I might be wrong about this but I think you have to register your ICO with a certain govt agency to make it legal. Look at the dragonchain ICO, allowed american investors but it was also registered with some US agency.
Activity: 56
I've seen many American-based companies that don't allow American investors for ICOs.

I've been involved in a few. You can have someone trusted overseas get them for you. I found a nice gentleman in a telegram chat.

But it's not like it's all of the sudden legal? Or isn't it illegal to begin with, do these ico's have to reject us residents?

If someone can answer this question, I'd be in their debt!
Yes, I've seen ICON which also blocked IP Address USA. Incidentally I also follow the ICO bounty program. I still do not understand clearly. They never mentioned the reason but I forgot. However, this will be different if US investors use other countries' VPNs to access the ICO. Honestly I want to know the obvious reason.

Or you can use a VPN like this user... No idea why I never thought of that myself lol

I see. My biggest concern was them being scam coins, but if that's the case I was gravely mistaken.
Activity: 467
Merit: 251

Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Yes, I've seen ICO which also blocked IP Address USA. Incidentally I also follow the ICO bounty program. I still do not understand clearly. They never mentioned the reason but I forgot. However, this will be different if US investors use other countries' VPNs to access the ICO. Honestly I want to know the obvious reason.
cuz you don't wanna deal with the US legal system.. if an ICO blocks US people, its safer for the project/company/organization/protocol/etc.

So if a US crypto start up doesn't allow US investors, it might not be a scam?

I thought any US crypto start up that doesnt allow US investors must be a scam
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
cuz you don't wanna deal with the US legal system.. if an ICO blocks US people, its safer for the project/company/organization/protocol/etc.
I've seen many ICOs that do not allow American investors and not sure why. Is there a reason for something like this?
Pages:
Jump to: