Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do we not change the name of the original Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 947 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 104
The original bitcoin name can not be changed in any case. This will still make a big mess in the names that have a prefix "bitcoin". Everyone should know that we have one bitcoin. and all the rest are just his clones, the pale counterfeit bitcoin.
Activity: 89
Merit: 0
It's a simple name, and it doesn't have any real meaning. The real technology is bitcoin, the only one. Now the fork feels like there's a lot of bubbles in it, I don't hold forks, I sell it, I sell it, and I hold it for bitcoin. Smiley
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
We can change but it would be wrong, because then people will be confused. They will be thinking huh was it not bitcoin ? They will just do stupid things.

Everyone in the world have heard about bitcoin now if you change it more people will be confused about it.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Honestly the odea of renaming Bitcoin soinds like a shitty plsn to scam people.

Basically that. Anything that's get added to Bitcoin, where it doesn't matter whether it's infront or behind, only results in confusion, looks unprofessional, makes me think about an altcoin claiming to be the real deal, etc. Less is more, and that's definitely the case with Bitcoin. Let all other shitcoins name themselves the way they want, it doesn't matter anymore, everyone knows that it's nothing more than a blatant get rich quick attempt by the people behind all these forks. All forks will eventually end up drying out, and especially when the people behind them stop pumping their own funds into keeping that coin alive, because that's basically what's happening with BCC right now. It's the Jihan cartel making that shitcoin look active, just to unload their coins on delusional people.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
We have seen a lot of Bitcoin forks with the Bitcoin name being used to piggy back on it's popularity. These coins market themselves with supposed superior brands and names like Bitcoin Gold and Bitcoin Cash.

These names might become confusing with every new fork, because we will soon see forks like Bitcoin Platinum and Bitcoin Ultimate.

Why should we not officially rename Bitcoin to Bitcoin Original for people to make a clear distinction between the original Bitcoin and the rest? New investors might buy one of these Alt coins, mistaking it for the original/legacy coin?

Just a thought. What would the technical implications be? What needs to change? ^smile^

I think it is not a good idea to rename or change the original name of bitcoins. This may cause confusion on current and and incoming users because of the sudden change. The name with only "Bitcoin" was already been established as the first(as my opinion only) one without any additional name connected to the original word thus making it the pioneer and being the name that was used being the one familiar with people.
Activity: 972
Merit: 255
Bear season or just the beginning
I don't mind if they'll change it but it is not really necessary for in my opinion. The ticker BTC alone is already clear. And the price differences are too big that one can simply identify if he/she made a wrong purchase.
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
OMG! Why do we have to change the name? For me, there is no problem with Bitcoin name, and I think it is the same with others.
Activity: 476
Merit: 103
homt.net
There is lots of people getting profit in the name of bitcoin and fork coins  because even i am the person mostly trading in altcoin final destination would always be bitcoin because i will always convert my profit to bitcoin . Even people belive the coins which is generated from Bitcoin fork compare to other altcoins most of the coins became nothing after holding couple of months.
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
Cryptics
We have seen a lot of Bitcoin forks with the Bitcoin name being used to piggy back on it's popularity. These coins market themselves with supposed superior brands and names like Bitcoin Gold and Bitcoin Cash.

These names might become confusing with every new fork, because we will soon see forks like Bitcoin Platinum and Bitcoin Ultimate.

Why should we not officially rename Bitcoin to Bitcoin Original for people to make a clear distinction between the original Bitcoin and the rest? New investors might buy one of these Alt coins, mistaking it for the original/legacy coin?

Just a thought. What would the technical implications be? What needs to change? ^smile^
The name bitcoin is fine, it will make more confusion if we suddenly change the name of bitcoin. The brand bitcoin is starting to get popular so i don't think it's a wise decision to change the name this late into the game. People will know that bitcoin is the real one and the others are fake.
Activity: 56
I think that change name of original BTC from BTC to anything else would be wrong and completely unnecessary.What people recognize as the only original is marked with BTC so there should not be too much confusion.It would be good that Bitcoin name was protected on some way so others can not use it today for some altcoins which are only more or less bad copies of BTC.But today's copies and those that will just come certainly create a some confusion, especially for those who encountered BTC for the first time.

Yes agree and bitcoin also as unique fashion also easier to identify from other currency
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
Honestly the odea of renaming Bitcoin soinds like a shitty plsn to scam people. It sounds realy hard (impossible) to keep the whole community updated about the current BTC (not anymore?) name.
Activity: 28
it became successful and popular as BITCOIN so there's no need for this.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
why should "we" do anything at all? they are the ones creating altcoins left and right from bitcoin. and it is no confusion in my opinion, their names are clear enough for anyone to understand that is not bitcoin. it is like those Chinese products that use the same name as the original ones but they are clearly crap.

and lets say for a moment that we changed the name from bitcoin to bitcoin original, what will you do when they forked this and created "bitcoin very original" or "bitcoin original 2.0"!
Activity: 364
Merit: 107
I think for newbies and people who do not research about cryptocurrency will be confused but for people who already know bitcoin then no matter how many forks that adds bitcoins name on it they will not be confused

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
this is not new. they have been using bitcoin's name from early days. there currently are bitcoin dark, bitcoin black and a couple of other bitcoin somethings around and they are all altcoins and nobody ever confuses them with bitcoin. and the name is simple enough. it is short and sufficient we shouldn't change the name to add a trailing word just because they keep creating new altcoins while abusing the bitcoin brand.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
We'll see what coin is going to hold the name of Bitcoin after segwit2x. What if bitcoin core gets less hashrate and becomes less valueable?
Do you still like the name "Bitcoin Original", if it eventually looses it's dominance and become altcoin?
Activity: 560
Merit: 126
the name should remain the same, one word better than two words, easy to write on shirts, on screen, on everything. why some people here want to change it, just to not confuse newbies! BTC is always on the top.
Activity: 317
Merit: 110
Name changes are small potatoes.

The big growing changes are likely going to come from the NSA. We have no idea what those motherfuckers have up thier sleeve!

Maybe letting Bitcoin cryptography out was a mistake, we really cannot  be sure..

At any rate  going along for the  crypto ride seems like a good idea for now.

Ya might also wanna plant some tomatoes and potatoes...
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
You are right to be concerned about those things. But to be honest name Bitcoin is just fine. All people who want to join world of Bitcoin should learn basic things about it, and that mean Bitcoins name. Only those who do not care enough will make a mistake, and maybe they should. I am not concerned about those names, because they will never be able to compeat with Bitcoin and therefor will be nothing more than a try to copy real Bitcoin.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

I do not think this is a good idea, we should not change its original name if the parent to bitcoin does not want. We should respect the original decisions.
Pages:
Jump to: