Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do you believe Satoshi Nakamoto... - page 2. (Read 10736 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
July 03, 2012, 05:38:53 PM
Safely assuming that Satoshi Nakamoto is a pseudonym, why do you believe he (also, safely assuming, albeit I have another theory) choice that one as his moniker?

~Bruno~

His girlfriend at the time was japanese.  In bed she would sometimes yell "Satoshi" which is the real name of her Ex Boyfriend.  So out of feeling creeped out during sex with her, he decided that secretly, HE would now be Satoshi Nakamoto so that when his girlfriend cums, she's cumming for him.

Simply psychology ladies and gentlemen.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1006
July 03, 2012, 02:04:54 PM
That's twice you referred to Satoshi Nakamoto as SM[sic]. Do yo know something we don't? And don't cop out with, "Oops! I hit the wrong key because M is next to N." either unless, of course, it's the truth.

~Cackling Bear~

Holy crap I found him!

http://grooveshark.com/#!/artist/Satoshi+Makoto/2242082
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
July 03, 2012, 11:16:19 AM
I think Bitcoin is almost big enough that SM can soon come out in the open and not fear reprisal. Any publicity gained from attacking [him] as they did Assange would gain more publicity for Bitcoin and would help legitimize it. There is nothing illegal about Bitcoin and any fear shown toward SM would show the strength of Bitcoin. It probably won't be long before we know the face behind Bitcoin.

That's twice you referred to Satoshi Nakamoto as SM[sic]. Do yo know something we don't? And don't cop out with, "Oops! I hit the wrong key because M is next to N." either unless, of course, it's the truth.

~Cackling Bear~
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 03, 2012, 11:05:34 AM
I think Bitcoin is almost big enough that SM can soon come out in the open and not fear reprisal. Any publicity gained from attacking [him] as they did Assange would gain more publicity for Bitcoin and would help legitimize it. There is nothing illegal about Bitcoin and any fear shown toward SM would show the strength of Bitcoin. It probably won't be long before we know the face behind Bitcoin.

To what advantage for him/her?

If Satoshi wasn't interested enough in adulation to reveal his identity years ago; I don't see why he/she would be now.

If anything, the big stack of bitcoins Satoshi holds will be more useful to him if his identity remains secret.  That only becomes more true the bigger bitcoin gets.

My guess is that his identity will never be known; or if it is, it won't be for a long time, possibly after his/our deaths.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
July 03, 2012, 09:22:37 AM
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
July 03, 2012, 09:11:37 AM
its an anagram for his real name Katoshi Namasoto
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
July 02, 2012, 09:54:59 PM
Safely assuming that Satoshi Nakamoto is a pseudonym, why do you believe he (also, safely assuming, albeit I have another theory) chose that one as his moniker?

~Bruno~
Pages:
Jump to: